PERM Tracker - Chicago

Looks like we can continue to look forward +ve even after retrogression for EAD.

10/21/2005: AILA Confirms Following Details of Senate Judiciary Approvals Yesterday

* According to the AILA, AILA has passed the following immigration proposals yesterday:
o Impose a new $500 fee on immigrant visa petitions for the EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 categories.
o Recapture unused employment-based visas from prior years for immediate allocation of up to 90,000/year. (Estimates indicate there are only 90,000-100,000 unused numbers to be tapped.)
o Exempt spouses and minor children from counting against the annual cap on employment-based immigrant visas. (Estimates are that this would lead to an annual increase of 80,000-90,000 employment-based immigrant visas.)
o Allow individuals to apply for adjustment of status before an immigrant visa is deemed currently available. (Of course, approval could not occur until the visa number is available.)
o Recapture approximately 300,000 unused H-1B numbers dating back to FY 1991. As a result of Senator Feinstein's amendment, 30,000 rather than 60,000 would be available annually. (In other words, effectively raising the cap from 65,000 to 95,000 for at least 10 years.)
o Impose a new fee on the recaptured H-1B visas so that the fees on the original 65,000 H-1B allotment remain unchanged but the additional 30,000 available annually carry an additional $500 fee.
o Impose a new $750 fee on L-1 visas. (This was part of Senator Feinstein's amendment and was necessary to offset the reduction in revenue resulting from the limitation on recaptured H-1B numbers from 60,000 to 30,000.)
* We agree with the AILA that these are not final bills and we have a long way to go to make these proposals into a reality. Businesses, academic institutions, and other stakeholders should keep working with their Congressional representatives to support the Senate Judiciary bill.

Chicago PLC Sucks....

This is the most positive development since my Labor Application was filed, but even if this Bill is passed, its of no use until your labor is approved in the first place.
Where is the Labor Approval ? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Chicago PLC sucks...
:mad: :mad: :mad:

knowDOL said:
10/21/2005: AILA Confirms Following Details of Senate Judiciary Approvals Yesterday

* According to the AILA, AILA has passed the following immigration proposals yesterday:
o Impose a new $500 fee on immigrant visa petitions for the EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 categories.
o Recapture unused employment-based visas from prior years for immediate allocation of up to 90,000/year. (Estimates indicate there are only 90,000-100,000 unused numbers to be tapped.)
o Exempt spouses and minor children from counting against the annual cap on employment-based immigrant visas. (Estimates are that this would lead to an annual increase of 80,000-90,000 employment-based immigrant visas.)
o Allow individuals to apply for adjustment of status before an immigrant visa is deemed currently available. (Of course, approval could not occur until the visa number is available.)
o Recapture approximately 300,000 unused H-1B numbers dating back to FY 1991. As a result of Senator Feinstein's amendment, 30,000 rather than 60,000 would be available annually. (In other words, effectively raising the cap from 65,000 to 95,000 for at least 10 years.)
o Impose a new fee on the recaptured H-1B visas so that the fees on the original 65,000 H-1B allotment remain unchanged but the additional 30,000 available annually carry an additional $500 fee.
o Impose a new $750 fee on L-1 visas. (This was part of Senator Feinstein's amendment and was necessary to offset the reduction in revenue resulting from the limitation on recaptured H-1B numbers from 60,000 to 30,000.)
* We agree with the AILA that these are not final bills and we have a long way to go to make these proposals into a reality. Businesses, academic institutions, and other stakeholders should keep working with their Congressional representatives to support the Senate Judiciary bill.

PERM updates

I saw one post in BEC, one of the case was added to PERM database, it was old...but could it be possible that BEC cases are being added or PERM cases are being added in same Database...if they process based on PDs then PERM cases will never see any hope....please clarify if I am wrong.

PERM BEC faq once upon a time mentioned the approval will come in 60 days...is that true? Did they ever commit on the approval time? If not then how come some random cases are seeing approvals? Should we contact some senator and ask them to probe into this?

Cerified today at Chicago center!

Applied 7/18
Advisory software engineer, MS+3 or BS+5
Pending LC at Backlog center.

Goog luck to everybody

PERM Certified in a day - EB2

My friend filed under EB2 last week and got certified in a day. the filing was done at Chicago.

The approval was totally unexpected but it happened in a day. Way to go Chicago..let us hope others would also start seeing their's soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
GC_GoneCase said:
My friend filed under EB2 last week and got certified in a day. the filing was done at Chicago.

The approval was totally unexpected but it happened in a day. Way to go Chicago..let us hope others would also start seeing their's soon.

Could you share your friend's particulars with us, like the job title and job requirements (BS/MS/PhD+?years experience etc.)

Thanks

Finally got certified

Today my status changed to InProcess to Certified. Waiting for the hard copy of the approval.

congratulations!

Did you do anything about your case except for waiting?

my case was submitted on 07/14, two days later than yours.

titu1972 said:
Today my status changed to InProcess to Certified. Waiting for the hard copy of the approval.

Good news guys!

I have been a listener to this forum for a while now. Today the status of my application has changed from "Inprocess" to "Certified". bhalle! bhalle!! time to swing a little bit! ;) Here are my case details

Center: Chicago
Category: EB2
Experience: MS + 2 years
Job Title: Software engineer.

Best of luck for all of you guys!

a response from the chicago DOL

My lawyer asked Chicago processing center about the status of my application filed on July 06 and got the following response yesterday. Anyone has receivved a similar response from DOL? Any comments?

It's almost becoming four months now and quite frustrated..

Your case is still in process and official notification will be forthcoming.

Applications are processed in the order they are received. However, because each application is unique, processing times may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the case.

Sincerely,

Chicago National Processing Center

It is good to see lot of approvals in the last two days. Probably Chicago DOL workers are awake and seem to be working on something. Lets hope that we hear more approvals.

I got the same notice form Chicago.

lionking5 said:
My lawyer asked Chicago processing center about the status of my application filed on July 06 and got the following response yesterday. Anyone has receivved a similar response from DOL? Any comments?

It's almost becoming four months now and quite frustrated..

Your case is still in process and official notification will be forthcoming.

Applications are processed in the order they are received. However, because each application is unique, processing times may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the case.

Sincerely,

Chicago National Processing Center

checking the status online

CA_GreenCD said:
I got the same notice form Chicago.

I know my case number. Would it be possible to check the status myself online?

Anyone who knows how to do it. I would appreciate it.

congrats ptking, It is specially good to hear that a case filed in May is approved. Lets hope that By this Friday we will hear about all cases filed in May and June.