• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

People who were selected for DV 2012 (IMPORTANT)

I have submitted my form on October 5th and have been selected, also applied 7 different forms for my family/fiends (no one were selected, except me) this is random!
Keep the selected winners and increase the amount of GCs for 2012.

It is random... There is so many people that have lost on 5th and 6th.

"Most of what you fear does not even exist. Much of what you love is closer than you realize".

If you want to be a part of the US society, then try to understand it's law and i understand your reaction now , because you are beeing upset , but look on it from other side - people who evern couldn't take part in this lottery because of that error. To be lucky you should take part in fair lottery. You just trying to make people think that they have been cheated - they haven't. They have other chance to win.

to Dv2012Wasascam - .
If he can not think American way, even he comes to here, he will not succeed. I, personally, know that we have to re-do things (sometimes out of our pocket), just because info was not right, miscommunications etc. We get angry, frustrated but we did it again and again,because it is the right thing to do.
It may be fair keep these 22K people, but IT IS NOT THE RIGHT THING. Simple, if you know what I mean...
Execution of LAW and ORDER(not the TV series) makes the major difference in US.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you sign that petition you support cheaters. possible you deserve that on 15th July will you be new result. i hope you're trolls. because only silly kids can do such things.

You have to understand that this is unprecedented case and cannot be let go so simply. This is a lottery and if the computer chose mostly the people who applied on Oct 5th and 6th, so be it! That's luck! You can't divide the chances equally in lottery, then it's not lottery. I also agree that we are real winners and would like to see that people know their rights. We were officially notified of our winning and some already made plans (quit job, sell property, etc) and even took some actions . This news came from US government, it was not a scam! They could not void the results if they want to keep their reputation. I agree that they should select again, but not void the previous winners. As lots of people already deleted or threw away their confirmation numbers or don't know of this change, many new winners won't be able to check their status on or about July 15th which will lead to a much fewer visa applicants. I try to be logical,but I don't see the logic in what US govt have done. Very unfair to the selectees!!!!

One more thought: I know this lottery is not a matter of deserving. But at least it shows that people who applied first were really looking forward to it and made all the necessary preparation in advance. Personally I purchased a scanner to be able to upload the photo, I applied in the first 5 min after the program was launched. I couldn't wait for results to come out and when I found out on May 1 st at 12 a.m. that I was selected for further processing, I couldn't sleep all night. I filled out the forms and mailed them to KCC next business day via express mail. I think many winners did all same things I just named and therefore I don't see the point of canceling the results and discouraging so many great people who wanted to go to the States so much!

What are you afraid of, Corewin? I am not trying to make people do anything about it. Don't be so selfish, you'll get your chance to win. But there's no point to cancel the first results. That's all I want to say.

I applied October 5th too, and I was selected with a very low case number to boot. There is no way I would win again. I have been trying for 10 years to win and now I thought it had finally happened and now it's not. There is no way to win again. Heartbroken!

Guys, as much as I feel your pain and feeling lucky that I don't have to go through what you're going through now, I think you just need to move on. I see no chance the US government will change anything, they already studied this very carefully during the week the results website was down, and found this to be the best legal option available. I personally believe they are dealing with this matter on a national security level, no one knows at this point if this fault in their systems was intentional and who's responsible, and for who's interest.

I also don't think a lawsuit would result in anything (other than losing money) since the US government makes it clear that at no point of this process you'd be GUARANTEED getting a GC.

Good luck to us all in the re-draw.

Ok, Corewin, then try to think as if you were a selectee from May 1st. What would you do? Hope to win again on July 15th? I don't think so.

I am thankful to God that I am in a blessed country of Canada and whatever happens I'll be fine, maybe even better than if I moved to US. But think of all the people who are in less prosperous countries and who truly needed this chance to have a better life. This was their chance and it was taken away from them. How is that?

If only persons would bite a piece of humble pie and let it be! Yes, I do feel for the 'initial winners' because we would have felt the same way if we had won. Moreover, this is the time for everyone to be thankful for a 2nd chance and do constructive things while we await the new results. However, I urge everyone to brace themselves come July 15th as there will be millions of losers and still only 100,000 winners!!! It's inevitable. Hope to win but do not expect to win. In doing so, it will lessen the stinging and devasting effect of losing.

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.”

"Success is about enjoying what you have and where you are, while pursuing achievable goals."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, honestly I don't want to see people to shut up on this. I hope somebody speaks out for us. Not necessarily me and even if no results will be reached or will be reached in a couple years I will feel satisfied.

To be humble is what the holy book teaches us, but if you want to live a good life here and now shouldn't you fight for your rights?

To be humble is what the holy book teaches us, but if you want to live a good life here and now shouldn't you fight for your rights?

It's also their right to cancel the DV lottery if you make their life difficult.. And it's also their right if they want to do a redraw. But I do think a more serious apology and compensation is kind of needed, considering the 22k people's feelings on this. It's completely understandable.

You should sign the petition if you want your vote to be counted. It's free (donation is voluntary). I just did. This whole process can take time, but I believe we can make them hear us.