• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

People who were selected for DV 2012 (IMPORTANT)

keona, calling people nazzies because you do not agree with their opinions is even worse, sorry.

As for the redraw - if they grant some additional spots for the voided winners - wouldn't this be against the very same law that had them void the results in a first place?

I never called anyone a Nazzi. Please read carefully.

* I just want a fair procedure, for everyone.

Why not keep 22000 of selected who won - it's a lottery after all. Let other good people who was less fortunate have one more chance to get 78000 lottery wins.

This will be very humane.

It's not that who applied first have won - just check how many people have have lost who applied on October 5-6th.

As much as the program did not fairly and randomly select the former winners, I think KCC should give them a chance. Those who did not get selected really do not have anything to lose: either redraw all over or just 78,000. Because they still have a chance to be selected if any of those two decisions ( redraw or just 78,000) are taken. But for those who won, there is everything to lose if there is a redraw.

Agree!!!

Hi, i've been selected for 2012 dv (2012EU0001XXX), got the bad news yesterday. Sent docs to KCC on 12th.
Will fight this till the end.
I've heard of a class lawsuit against the US government. I would also like to see what the glitch was, what do they consider random and what the definition of random for them is.
Will be calling Maryland Representatives in the Congress and Senate on monday.

Please update, when you do! Thank you!!!

The state department has made mistakes before, but they never cancelled visa allocation or anything.
In July 2007, EB3 category became Current in the Visa bulletin by mistake. This has been corrected in three days. They did not cancel i-1485 applications sent by tens of thousands of people.

The state department has made mistakes before, but they never cancelled visa allocation or anything.
In July 2007, EB3 category became Current in the Visa bulletin by mistake. This has been corrected in three days. They did not cancel i-1485 applications sent by tens of thousands of people.

That what I'm talking about. We need to find truth.

THANK YOU DCDAN!!!

Together we make the difference

I applied on 6th October and got selected. I was the only one who applied. My husband did not enter for the lottery. I checked on 1st May and have already sent the forms to KCC and they even confirmed receipt last Thursday.

I learnt about the redraw a few hours ago.:confused:

I hope they can keep the 22,000 of the selectees and redraw for the rest of 78,000 since it doesn't really make sense as they have crushed the dreams and hopes of the initial 22,000.

I agree that all 19 million entrants will get a chance again but since those who have "won" earlier would have already done some processing, it would be good to keep them as "winners" since KCC has announced the results.

applied on 5th october with my wife and get selected both got a son from my ex-wife she lives in the states under green card dv 95 my son and us going crazy for the win
and i proceeded and sent kcc on mai 4th.........................why taking are dreams now can't belive it

See, the thing is - the selectees were not 22 000. The selectees were 100 000. 22 000 is the number of initially selected winners who checked their results.

Now, here is a question for you:

I am among the people who submitted their applications on the 5th. I never got the chance to check my results, I did not "miss it", I just was not rushing to do it on the first day (I was not able to, anyway, does not really matter why).
Now, I may have or may have not been selected, but say - for the sake of the argument - that I was.

Why you should be granted an "extra" spot and I should not?

Facts are what they are. You got lucky to submit your application on the "correct day". And you got unlucky to check your status on the wrong day...

I wish you luck with the second draw.

The DOS does not use emotions as a basis for its decisions, it uses the LAW as its guide. Don't you all think that consultations were taken with expert statisticians and lawyers before this decision was made?
The LAWFULNESS and integrity of the DV program and the DOS' actions must always be maintained, no emotions need apply.

applied on 5th october with my wife and get selected both got a son from my ex-wife she lives in the states under green card dv 95 my son and us going crazy for the win
and i proceeded and sent kcc on mai 4th.........................why taking are dreams now can't belive it

There is so many stories like that. (Person without a dream is not a person, why have they take away our dreams)

Stop for a second and think about us - not as a scamers, loosers or cheates, but hard working families who always dreamed about it finally getting this chance.

Me personally - 8 years in a row tried and finally I got my win, you want to take away that from me.

We are not a criminals, all we want is to have our lottery count, because it's still was lottery and we won. We did not cheat or put incorrect information. If ever there was an "error", we are not the ones should have paid for it.

Make a redraw between people who lost, but not take away something from people who already won.

Let us proceed and make your decision at the final interview.

So many broken dreams. It is very cruel what is happening.

This is exactly what it feels like:

iReport — The day USA broke my heart

The day I found out I was selected for the DV lottery 2012 was one of the better days of my life. It was as if a magnificent gift was given to me, one that very few of those living outside of the Western World could say no to. I was given hope and made believe that my future may as well be there, in the promised land of free people, meritocracy and endless opportunities for those that worked hard to achieve their dreams.

To understand me, you must know that America has almost mythological dimension where I come from. Between the Hollywood movies and the endless stories of compatriots that moved there one way or another and succeeded in making a living, America has an irresistible allure.

For me personally, it seemed like a last opportunity to move away from this country with unemployment rate of over 30 % for 20 years straight, poverty, corrupted politicians, and ordinary people finding it difficult to get a decent job without political affiliation.

Despite that being selected did not actually mean getting the visa, I thought, what could go wrong? Having the education and the experience, and a good case number, a phrase I only learned in the days following the good new from the those alike, really, what could possibly go wrong? My hopes were running high and America seemed within a grasp.

More often than not, people were granted green card and moved to the USA to pursue their dreams. Sure, America has its problems, unemployment, economic hardship and illegal immigration. But still, it is the most desired destination for immigration. At least, I am yet to hear of anyone hoping to move to China for better economic prospects.

Not so fast, we were told yesterday, coincidently Friday 13th. Through an announcement on the US Department of state web site, two weeks after the initial notification of selection, we are being told the lottery results are annulled.

Certainly, there will be redrawing it says on the web site, and your entrance is eligible. But how often does the luck strike twice, if initial odds of success were already very very low?

I feel horrible the day after and judging by the many forums and groups on the internet, and I am not the only one. It is like being a guinea pig in an experiment gone wrong. It is the embarrassment of having to tell your family, friends and colleagues that you are not going after all. It is the smoke of the proverbial bridges ‘selectees’ already started burning behind. For all, it is the unbearable cruelty of being shown a vision of the promised land, only to see it fade away because of a computer ‘glitch’.

It’s a lottery, as they say.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

See, the thing is - the selectees were not 22 000. The selectees were 100 000. 22 000 is the number of initially selected winners who checked their results.

I am among the people who submitted their applications on the 5th. I never got the chance to check my results, I did not "miss it", I just was not rushing to do it on the first day (I was not able to, anyway, does not really matter why).
Now, I may have or may have not been selected, but say - for the sake of the argument - that I was.

Facts are what they are. You got lucky to submit your application on the "correct day". And you got unlucky to check your status on the wrong day...

Interesting point.....look at the probabilities playing here: 1... Applied on the 5 or 6 and got selected PLUS
2... Checked status on the 1-5th of May

The probabilities are to skewed for the DOS to maintain that the 22000 were as a result of a random drawing. This would too easily be disproved and open them to valid questioning.

The DOS does not use emotions as a basis for its decisions, it uses the LAW as its guide. Don't you all think that consultations were taken with expert statisticians and lawyers before this decision was made?
The LAWFULNESS and integrity of the DV program and the DOS' actions must always be maintained, no emotions need apply.

People were selected - using their program which they have being using for some time. Dot tell me we were a TEST group to see how software works.

We did not win because we are cute or nice, no we were selected because program chose us. This what is really matters.

Here some info - people were notified by mail here in US. They got their winner package. So they knew result it long before May 1st. It's not only who checked website.

Before posting please read DV 2012 AOS ONLY thread

People were selected - using their program which they have being using for some time. Dot tell me we were a TEST group to see how software works.

We did not win because we are cute or nice, no we were selected because program chose us. This what is really matters.

A FLAWED PROGRAM chose the winners..that is the underlying argument here. Should that not be corrected?
Should the LAW that GOVERNS the DV lottery be upheld or should the DOS knowingly break that LAW?

I have submitted my form on October 5th and have been selected, also applied 7 different forms for my family/fiends (no one were selected, except me) this is random!
Keep the selected winners and increase the amount of GCs for 2012.

So many broken dreams. It is very cruel what is happening.

This is exactly what it feels like:

iReport — The day USA broke my heart

The day I found out I was selected for the DV lottery 2012 was one of the better days of my life. It was as if a magnificent gift was given to me, one that very few of those living outside of the Western World could say no to. I was given hope and made believe that my future may as well be there, in the promised land of free people, meritocracy and endless opportunities for those that worked hard to achieve their dreams.

To understand me, you must know that America has almost mythological dimension where I come from. Between the Hollywood movies and the endless stories of compatriots that moved there one way or another and succeeded in making a living, America has an irresistible allure.

For me personally, it seemed like a last opportunity to move away from this country with unemployment rate of over 30 % for 20 years straight, poverty, corrupted politicians, and ordinary people finding it difficult to get a decent job without political affiliation.

Despite that being selected did not actually mean getting the visa, I thought, what could go wrong? Having the education and the experience, and a good case number, a phrase I only learned in the days following the good new from the those alike, really, what could possibly go wrong? My hopes were running high and America seemed within a grasp.

More often than not, people were granted green card and moved to the USA to pursue their dreams. Sure, America has its problems, unemployment, economic hardship and illegal immigration. But still, it is the most desired destination for immigration. At least, I am yet to hear of anyone hoping to move to China for better economic prospects.

Not so fast, we were told yesterday, coincidently Friday 13th. Through an announcement on the US Department of state web site, two weeks after the initial notification of selection, we are being told the lottery results are annulled.

Certainly, there will be redrawing it says on the web site, and your entrance is eligible. But how often does the luck strike twice, if initial odds of success were already very very low?

I feel horrible the day after and judging by the many forums and groups on the internet, and I am not the only one. It is like being a guinea pig in an experiment gone wrong. It is the embarrassment of having to tell your family, friends and colleagues that you are not going after all. It is the smoke of the proverbial bridges ‘selectees’ already started burning behind. For all, it is the unbearable cruelty of being shown a vision of the promised land, only to see it fade away because of a computer ‘glitch’.

It’s a lottery, as they say.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I know how you feel - my wife is still sick, after trauma yesterday. We should not be treated as test subjects.

I feel so sorry for you.

Why do you want to take away the dreams from people like that - educated, non criminal, wanting just to live peacefully and give the chance then take it away.

--------------

Me personally:
  • I have scheduled interview with a doctor in NJ.
  • I have researched and filed all the forms.
  • I have all of it ready

We have moved from our country to have hope here. All of my neighbors "US citizens" feel sorry for us and telling us that we should be definitely part their society. But not this chase have been taken away from us.

I always wanted to be paramedic in my life, save lives of many people, but in my country they get paid bread crimps ($250-$300 a month), so I worked all my life to become successful manager, but never wanted it. After I have been selected - I was looking through places where can I get my Paramedic certificate and live my dream by saving lives, even sold my car to pay for education (I have a bill if anyone don't trust me) . I speak 4 languages, how many lives I could save. I dreamed about being American since I was 7 years old. Why they have to take away our dreams.

Please interview us. Give us a chance, were not asking for a GC, we just ask US government to give us a chance - what we do with it is up to us.

I just want you to see that we are real people.

* Me and my wife would have never become burden to US society, we pay taxes make enough money, we love US.

We never going to live in national neighborhoods and complain about life here in US(without learning even one word in English)

So you want to find truth NOW?
You didn't want to find it out when a lot of people were screaming in pain and suffer from INJUSTICE? Where all of you were then? You said man up and enjoy.
You want YOUR truth now? Not happening.
Enjoy.

It's not about revenge, it's about justice.