Welcome letter (2 Nos.) for myself: 11th Aug 2003
Welcome letter for my wife: 11th Aug 2003
PC for myself: 11th Aug 2003
PC for my wife: ???

Cheers,
Ganesh.

No sign of PC

Hello all,
Would you guys advise me what should I do next?
POE: Detroit (tunnel)
DOE: July 02
Still havn't received any welcome letter. Is there any number I should call? Thanks in advance.

Re: Re: PC info

Ganesh and others,

I plan to go to the SSA office tomorrow to apply for a fresh card for myself and my wife. Can you please advise me as to what documents I need to carry other than my passport.

Thanks,
Kant.

Originally posted by bvganesh

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: Re: Re: PC info

Originally posted by kant
Ganesh and others,

I plan to go to the SSA office tomorrow to apply for a fresh card for myself and my wife. Can you please advise me as to what documents I need to carry other than my passport.

Thanks,
Kant.

When I went in Chicago, Il they took my old SSN card and destroyed it. They said I will receive my new card my mail which I did in 10 days. I had my wife sign the form at my home and she did not go the SSA office with me. For my wife they just saw her passport and nothing else. So I believe you need to have only your and your wifes SSN card (if she has one) apart from passport. My wife got her card in 3-4 weeks.

My colleague went to apply today to the same office and SSA did not accept the application of his wife as she did not go with him :rolleyes: to office . He was told that his wife needs to come herself to the office to apply for the card. So I suggest you ask your wife to accompany you to avoid any delays.

Re: Re: Re: PC info

Ganesh and others,

Thanks,
Kant.

I have my SSN and My wife doesn't have one for her.

Document we took:
1. Each of our passports
2. My Old SSN Card.

We went to SSN office on August 1'st. It took about 5 minutes. A week later we had gone to SSN office to collect her SSN# (the SSN Card will be coming in the mail in about 3-4 weeks.)

Both of us are still waiting for our physical SSN Cards.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: Re: Re: Re: PC info

I have my SSN and My wife doesn't have one for her.

Document we took:
1. Each of our passports
2. My Old SSN Card.

We went to SSN office on August 1'st. It took about 5 minutes. A week later we had gone to SSN office to collect her SSN# (the SSN Card will be coming in the mail in about 3-4 weeks.)

Both of us are still waiting for our physical SSN Cards.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Hi,

I went to the SSN office to apply for a new card - but they did not take my application. She just said that the new card will come to me by mail in 2-3 weeks automatically. Could this be because I signed a form at tha consulate saying that I need a new card and also because I said Yes to the question in DS-230 part II where it talks about a new SSN card ?

Thaks,
kant.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PC info

Hi,

I went to the SSN office to apply for a new card - but they did not take my application. She just said that the new card will come to me by mail in 2-3 weeks automatically. Could this be because I signed a form at tha consulate saying that I need a new card and also because I said Yes to the question in DS-230 part II where it talks about a new SSN card ?

Thaks,
kant.

Nothing to worry about. Same case with my friend. Wait for 2-3 weeks and then again go to office and explain that you still did not get the card. They will check the status. They will then take a fresh application from you.

Re: Re: PC info

Interview Date: 22nd July 2003
POE: New York (JFK)
Date of Entry: 27th July 2003
Living at: Kansas

SSN Received for myself: 14th Aug 2003
SSN Received for my wife: 14th Aug 2003

Still waiting for my wife's PC!

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PC info

Hi,

Thaks,
kant.

Kant,

Don't worry! I too had said that I need new SSN at the Consulate. I had also applied for SSN at the local SSN office after my return. It took about 15 days to get our SSN cards!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh

Re: PC info

Interview Date: 22nd July 2003
POE: New York (JFK)
Date of Entry: 27th July 2003
Living at: Kansas
SSN Received for myself: 14th Aug 2003
SSN Received for my wife: 14th Aug 2003

PC for my wife: 25 Aug 2003

Thank God! My journey for CP kind of ends here... for now ;) !!.............

I'll be checking the fourm though not that frequently. I would still be there to answer any questions!

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome letter and PC

Did everybody with PoE in Jul/Aug got their welcome letters and/or PCs ? I am yet to get them. It is 3 weeks since we ( myself , wife and 2 kids ) entered US.

Interview Date: 23rd July 2003
POE: St.Louis, MO
Date of Entry: 8 Aug 2003
Living at: Ohio

Re: Welcome letter and PC

Originally posted by ssn43017
Did everybody with PoE in Jul/Aug got their welcome letters and/or PCs ? I am yet to get them. It is 3 weeks since we ( myself , wife and 2 kids ) entered US.

Interview Date: 23rd July 2003
POE: St.Louis, MO
Date of Entry: 8 Aug 2003
Living at: Ohio

Hi ssn43017,

My Interview was on 22nd July and I also have not got my welcome letters/PC. My date of Entry was 07th Aug 2003 . I don't think we need to worry yet - hopefully we will get the PC and welcome letters soon.

-Kant.

update

Got 2 welcome letters for myself and one for my wife today.

Interiew date: 07/22/2003
date of entry: 08/07/2003

-Kant.

I received the PC ( no welcome letters !!! ) for me, wife and one kid. Expecting in a day or two for my second kid.

Not received any welcome letter or PC

Hi All,

POE date: 6/13/03 (Detroit tunnel)
Interview date : 6/13/03 (Montreal)

Still havn't received any welcome letter. Any suggestions !!.

Thanks.

ska8746,
I am in a same boat.
P.O.E: Detroit (tunnel)
D.O.E: July 2nd
Still haven't received welcome letter...

Not Received PC

cpWtn,

Do you know any one received PC's in these date range who attended interview at Montreal.

And I saw in this forum you took TSC number from Rajeev, did you tried.

Thanks

That TSC number is no longer valid, it replaced with 800 (nation help center) number. Help center suggested to wait another 2-3 weeks then file G-731. Have you changed your address at the time of your P.O.E? I had to do it (they gave me no option). I guess this may be the reason.