PC after CP.........

Not received any welcome letter or PC

No, We did not changed the address. But the immigration officer at the tunnel he stamped on the Passports admitted on June 12th 03 instead of June 13th 2003. Even we asked him but he said don't worry, as long as your valid date shows until June 12th 2004 no one will question you. We do not know why he did that (may be accidentally). We thought that could be a problem. Do you think this could be a problem??. I know one of my friend his P.O.E was May 7th at tunnel and he received PC by June 30th.

Originally posted by cpWtn
That TSC number is no longer valid, it replaced with 800 (nation help center) number. Help center suggested to wait another 2-3 weeks then file G-731. Have you changed your address at the time of your P.O.E? I had to do it (they gave me no option). I guess this may be the reason.

I too gave a change of address at the POE. But got my pc. So that could safely be eliminated as a likely problem. (My poe was NY on 27th July)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

Ganesh - have you filled out any form for address change at the time of POE? In my case, I just wrote it in a piece of paper.

it's hard to guess why it's taking so long.
Any suggestion will be appreciated....

Originally posted by cpWtn
Ganesh - have you filled out any form for address change at the time of POE? In my case, I just wrote it in a piece of paper.

it's hard to guess why it's taking so long.
Any suggestion will be appreciated....

Didn't fill out any form. Just told the officer at the port of entry that I've just move to a new address and asked him whether he could update the addres. He just wrote it on the Immigration Visa paper directly and also updated the system.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Ganesh.

An update:

1) SS Cards: For self, spouse and child , they did not come automatically. Had to visit the local SS Office and received the
cards in about 10 days from the date of applying.

2) Welcome Letters: For Spouse and Child

Date of entry : 8th August
Port of entry : SFO
Welcome letters recd : 30th August - Spouse 3 letters,
Daughter 2.

Raju

change job/employer!!

It's too early to ask, given the current job market.
Did any one in MAY-JULY CPers changed the job/employer?
As not every employer is resonable..

Technically I changed the job. My company ( previous ) outsourced my whole department to another company. It is not a sale, it is like one company laying me off and second one taking me ( I went through exit checklist . The second company being a very big one in IT industry has a department dealing with immigrantion issues. They clarified to me that I need not inform BCIS and the "nature of job" remaining same.
This means I changed the within 5 days after joining back in the sponsoring company.
You case may be different. From what I heard, if the sponsoring company is not complaining, there is no way BCIS will know about change of job. The I-9 forms filled by us while joining back the sponsoring company DO NOT go to BCIS and will remain on file with the company HR.

Hi ska8746,
Any updates on your PC. are you planning to send G731 form?
I don't know anyone who is in the same situation.

Got welcome letters, but no pc

Hi,

The receipt date for my welcome letter was aug 25, 2003. The notice mentioned that I should be getting my PC in 2 to 3 weeks time, but have not received the PC so far. I am planning to wait till Sep 15 to call the 1800 number , but just wanted to know if anybody else has had a similar experience- also, do we need to file another form with the BCIS for inquiring abt the PC ? I am just trying to figure out what are the next steps that I need to take .

Thanks for any inputs/suggestions.

-Kant.

Kant

I'm in the same boat. I didn't even get the Welcome letters. But my wife got three Welcome letters. My kids and my self did not get the welcome letters. We came back to USA on August 16th 2003. Please let me know If you have any updates on your side.

Thanks,
Pandu.

Re: Kant

Originally posted by chennupandu
I'm in the same boat. I didn't even get the Welcome letters. But my wife got three Welcome letters. My kids and my self did not get the welcome letters. We came back to USA on August 16th 2003. Please let me know If you have any updates on your side.

Thanks,
Pandu.

Hi pandu,

will let you know if there are any updates on my side. I request you to do the same.

Thanks,
Kant.

Kant,

Today I have received Welcome Letters for my kids and myself. Notice date on them is Sep' 6th 2003. My wife's notice date is Aug' 16th 2003.

Did you check the online status for your case?

Thanks,
Pandu.

Re: Kant,

Today I have received Welcome Letters for my kids and myself. Notice date on them is Sep' 6th 2003. My wife's notice date is Aug' 16th 2003.

Did you check the online status for your case?

Thanks,
Pandu.

Hi Pandu,

I did check the online status . It says the processing time is between 30 and 60 days. However, the welcome notice says that we can expect to receive a card in 2-3 weeks. Did you check the online status ?

Plastic Card

Cpwtn

Any updates on your Welcome letter and PC. Did you filed G731 form? I called couple of days back BCIS and she mentioned that you have to wait at least 6 months to get the PC's. If you do not get PC's in six months then you can file G731 form. Please let me know if you have nay updates.

Thanks

POE - Photo question

I had my CP interview in Chennai.
US Consulate in Chennai had stapled an
adit-style photo to the passport,
At the POE-Dallas, the immigration off.
only took the iv-packet (with the approval form
attached to it).
He didnt take any photos from me.

I can only account for two of the 3 adit style
photos that I submitted at the consulate.
one on iv approval sheet attached to iv-packet,
one stapled to the passport.
(what about the third copy? )

the only photo bcis has is the one on
the iv approval sheet ...??
Is this what's used for the plastic card ?

looks like "photo missing" is a common occurance.
Hence my question

ska8746
still waiting. I havn't file G731 yet, will do by end of this month. that's really strange, the form itself says you can fill it after 8 weeks. In my case I'm waiting another 4 weeks. I think you should mail the form anytime, again it's your decision. Good luck.

Kant,

Just now I checked the status of our cases. It says " On Sep 17th after approving your application, we have ordered a new card". I think our cases have been approved.

Thanks,
Pandu.

Re: Kant,

Just now I checked the status of our cases. It says " On Sep 17th after approving your application, we have ordered a new card". I think our cases have been approved.

Thanks,
Pandu.

Thanks for your update, Pandu. After seeing your message, I checked the status too and it does say the same as you have stated above - that after approving our application, a new card has been ordered.

Thanks,
Kant.