PC after CP.........

ska8746,
received PC last friday (Sept 19th). it took exactly 11 weeks & 2 days. Any status on your case? Good luck anyway.

Thanks everyone for sharing info.

Not received any welcome letter or PC

Cpwtn

Congratulations!!

I'm still waiting!

Did you received welcome letter also. And thanks for the update.

Thanks

Received card

POE : LA on 7th September
Received Welcome letter : 22nd September
Received Card : 25th September

Hi Kant,

Thanks for the update. We also received the cards yesterday. But my name was incorrectly spelled on my card. So I have to apply Form I-90 now.

Thanks,
Pandu.

Interview date: 09/18/2003 at U.S. Embassy in Islamabad
DOE: 09/21/2003
POE: Los Angeles (LAX)
Welcome letters rcvd: 09/27/2003 for self and wife
New SSN cards rcvd: 09/30/2003 for self and wife
Plastic cards rcvd: 10/03/2003 for self and wife

Process is finally complete!! Thanks to everyone on this forum. What a great resource this site is - so much valuable information and advice. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally received welcome letters and Plastic Cards

Cpwtn

Finally we received welcome letters and Plastic Cards yesterday (Oct 2nd).

thanks

Wife got PC and two welcome letters

our Doe: 13-SEP-2003 POE:Houston
My wife got two welcome letters and got her PC on 25-SEP and 26-SEP-2003 Respectively. I haven't got any. Are there any one with similar situation? Also, can any body suggest how long should I wait to inquire about my case and What number to call?

Thanks in advance

Re: Wife got PC and two welcome letters

sabu_sam,

I got three welcome letters last week and the actual green card last weekend. But my husband did not get even his welcome letter yet........ I called the 800 number and enquired. The officer told to wait and see.... Probably thinking to wait for another month before calling. POE Date: 09/21/2003.

So you are not alone....

lux

Originally posted by sabu_sam
our Doe: 13-SEP-2003 POE:Houston
My wife got two welcome letters and got her PC on 25-SEP and 26-SEP-2003 Respectively. I haven't got any. Are there any one with similar situation? Also, can any body suggest how long should I wait to inquire about my case and What number to call?

Thanks in advance

Re: POE - Photo question

Originally posted by cbeguy
I had my CP interview in Chennai.
US Consulate in Chennai had stapled an
adit-style photo to the passport,
At the POE-Dallas, the immigration off.
only took the iv-packet (with the approval form
attached to it).
He didnt take any photos from me.

I can only account for two of the 3 adit style
photos that I submitted at the consulate.
one on iv approval sheet attached to iv-packet,
one stapled to the passport.
(what about the third copy? )

the only photo bcis has is the one on
the iv approval sheet ...??
Is this what's used for the plastic card ?

looks like "photo missing" is a common occurance.
Hence my question

The third photo is inside the package. It is the one used to produce the card.

Lux,
Did you get the card yet? I called the 800 number and the customer service lady told me that GC cases takes one year and if I dont get the card until that time then I should file G-731T. which number do you call? do you have any direct number to Dallas BCIS office?
Thanks

Got greencard but name spelled wrongly

sabu_sam,

My husband got 8 welcome letters and his plastic card last week. But both in his welcome letter and plastic card his name is spelled wrongly. A letter is missing in his last name.

When I called the 1-800 number, the officer asked us to fil out form I-90 and submit the green card. We haven't done it yet. Still thinking whether to send the actual card through mail or to go in person to the local service center.

Has anybody been in the same situation ? Is it safe to send the actual green card through mail ?

Thanks,
lux

hi
POE - houston Nov 2nd 2003. Already recieved 3 welcome letters and SS cards.

My status just changed from

FROM

On November 13, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready

TO

This case has been approved. On November 18, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Does the above mean they have mailed the GC card? I just hope it is not another welcome letter.

thanks

POE Nov 13 Atlanta.
Received 2 welcome letters for me and my wife. My wife received plastic card on Nov 28. I am still waiting for mine. Also waiting for SS cards for both of us.

Is it necessary to go to the SSA office to get SSN card for me and my wife, even if we have selected 'yes' to receive new cards in DS 230 forms?