PBEC:Cases from 2001 and early 2002 that are stuck

How many of you are Interested in Paying to check the Status thro Rajiv

• Yes

Votes: 52 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
202-***-**** telephone number is working..

Guys,

My HR manager called the 202-***-**** number this morning. Here is what she got from PBEC

"Your case has been placed in the RIR Processing Queue and is now showing that it is in THE FINAL REVIEW stage. A analyst will/or has been assigned to review this case and submit it to the Certification Officer. The department is trying to finish process all backlog cases by September 30, 2007; however, because your case is in the final review stage we should be hearing something soon. How soon, he couldn't say, but the good news is that it is in the Final Stage."

Well, I am not sure how much this will help me, but surely I will enjoy the July 4th weekend with little peace of mind that my case is not closed abruptly.

Any guess, what time frame I am looking here?

State: CA,RIR
PD: 08/02/2002
Regional: June 2003
Received at PBEC: 11/02/2004
45 Days Letter Received/Replied: Feb 24,2005

there is no occupation and occupation code in my screen shot

I got screen shot from PBEC today. I occupation and occupation code are blank in my screenshot. do I need to talk to lawyer or its ok?

My attorney checked case status with DOL. He has stated that “Case is in Final Review Stage”.

How many of us here with “Final Review” status.

Friends,

My lawyers paralegal called 202 number to check my case status which like many other is "assigned to analyst" but he also told them that number will
probably be disconnected soon because of all the phone calls they have
received.

So guys, if you have already called the number once and know the case is active try not to call again. Hopefully by next month end we may have the website to check the status.

Just like status column, lets hope they don't discontinue giving information on this phone number. Let it be for the people who really want to know if there case is still open or not.

Thanks.

sent 3 mails in 1 week. no info yet.

When did you sent the request ? So far, I sent 3 emails in 1w-10d. No reply yet. All the 3 ids were different.

Did you had 'status' column in it?

waitinglist2003 said:
I got screen shot from PBEC today. I occupation and occupation code are blank in my screenshot. do I need to talk to lawyer or its ok?

no info yet from 202- number

My HR called & left VM yday to the 202* #. There were no responses. Today, he called again & the officer assured that our office will get a 'call-back'. He doesnt want to pull up my record, as there is a resource allocated to check VMs & dont want to spend additional time :confused:

Sonu_aug_2002, do you want to add which EB u r @ 2 yr signature ?
sonu_Aug_2002 said:
Guys,

My HR manager called the 202-***-**** number this morning. Here is what she got from PBEC

"Your case has been placed in the RIR Processing Queue and is now showing that it is in THE FINAL REVIEW stage. A analyst will/or has been assigned to review this case and submit it to the Certification Officer. The department is trying to finish process all backlog cases by September 30, 2007; however, because your case is in the final review stage we should be hearing something soon. How soon, he couldn't say, but the good news is that it is in the Final Stage."

Well, I am not sure how much this will help me, but surely I will enjoy the July 4th weekend with little peace of mind that my case is not closed abruptly.

Any guess, what time frame I am looking here?

State: CA,RIR

Updated the Signature...

State: CA,RIR, EB2

whenwilliget said:
My HR called & left VM yday to the 202* #. There were no responses. Today, he called again & the officer assured that our office will get a 'call-back'. He doesnt want to pull up my record, as there is a resource allocated to check VMs & dont want to spend additional time :confused:

Sonu_aug_2002, do you want to add which EB u r @ 2 yr signature ?

NOF issues but never received!!

Seems like PBEC is a huge mess.

My manager called the 202- number in DC and was told that there was some NOF issued on my case but didnot give more details. I then asked my lawyer and she called PBEC number and found out that there sure was NOF issued sometime in March 2006 but neither the lawyer nor my employer ever received the letter. Luckily the case is not closed yet.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Can anyone help me how i can get a copy of the NOF so that we can respond? My lawyer is going to try on her end but i wanted to see what can the employer do so that i can ask them to take action.

Please help!

45 DL Received : Oct 13, 2005 / Replied: Oct 21, 2005
Case # : P-05129-99XXX

Same Situation

NYS_June2002 said:

My manager called the 202- number in DC and was told that there was some NOF issued on my case but didnot give more details. I then asked my lawyer and she called PBEC number and found out that there sure was NOF issued sometime in March 2006 but neither the lawyer nor my employer ever received the letter. Luckily the case is not closed yet.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Can anyone help me how i can get a copy of the NOF so that we can respond? My lawyer is going to try on her end but i wanted to see what can the employer do so that i can ask them to take action.

Please help!

I am also in the same situation . Came to know about NOF from 202 number
My PD is June 5 2002 from NJ. It is better to send a fax to PBEC by your employer

But situation is not that worse.

What may have happed is this..

Analyst suggested for NOF and the certifying officer has approve the NOF before sending it. So it depends on Certifying officer to certify the case or send NOF.

My friends case they told about NOF but he got approval news yesterday from employer

Hang in here. Either NOF or approval they have to send.

But better thing force the employer to a fax and call PBEC.Make sure that the case is not closed.

NYS_June2002 said:

Please help!

45 DL Received : Oct 13, 2005 / Replied: Oct 21, 2005
Case # : P-05129-99XXX

My PD is June 5 2002 from NJ. It is better to send a fax to PBEC by your employer

Analyst suggested for NOF and the certifying officer has approve the NOF before sending it. So it depends on Certifying officer to certify the case or send NOF.

My friends case they told about NOF but he got approval news yesterday from employer

But better thing force the employer to a fax and call PBEC.Make sure that the case is not closed.

NJJune52002 Thanks a lot for your response. Were you able to get details of the NOF on your case. Can you share the content of letter u had ur employer send to PBEC.
Thanks again.

NJJune52002 said:

Finally ....got it !!

Guys,

Finally I received the mail from my lawyer saying my LC has been approved after waiting for more than 54 months. Needless to say it had been a hard and frustrating wait for me and my spouse. I am glad that its finally over. At one time I gave up the hope for GC. I feel for the guys who are waiting before me and pray that you get yours sooner.

This forum had been a great support during this wait. We have some very active members and I think their efforts have produced some results. We might not see a direct impact but it is visible.

For me it is another wait in the Visa line as I am in EB3(thanks to my stupid lawyer).

Please send me a private message if you need more information.

NYS_June2002 said:
NJJune52002 Thanks a lot for your response. Were you able to get details of the NOF on your case. Can you share the content of letter u had ur employer send to PBEC.
Thanks again.

Companys HR send the fax I didn't see it . Also I dont know the reason or details of NOF.

Hi NJJune52002,NYS_June2002

Just curious. Was your case transferred from SWA to PBEC or from Regional.

What are the chances of getting NOF when the status is FINAL REVIEW ?

Thanks
CA,RIR,EB2
PD: Aug 02,2002
PBEC Received Date: 02 Nov 2004
45 Days Letter Replied: Feb 24,2005

NJJune52002 said:
Companys HR send the fax I didn't see it . Also I dont know the reason or details of NOF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swa

sonu_Aug_2002 said:
Hi NJJune52002,NYS_June2002

Just curious. Was your case transferred from SWA to PBEC or from Regional.

What is chances of getting a NOF when the status is FINAL REVIEW ?

Thanks
CA,RIR,EB2
PD: Aug 02,2002
PBEC Received Date: 02 Nov 2004
45 Days Letter Replied: Feb 24,2005

Mine was from SWA.

Please include me in the list of cases that were stuck. Let me know how much amount I need to pay and any progress of the discussions with Rajeev

Case Type: EB3/RIR/VA
PD: Aug, 21 2002
RD: April, 19 2004
Case no: P2004-VA-03406XXX

45 Day letter sent: April, 15 2005
ETA Case Number: P-04278-XXXXX

Letter To Cho

Freinds

I think we should write one letter to cho with all of case informations which are struck in Pbec from 2001-2002 . and we should tell me PBEC should first process these case before moving forward to 2003 cases ........

Only God can help us .........

Tanveer

Last edited by a moderator:
My Case Is Also Stuck

Hello All

How much do we have to pay? and What all information we will need to provide to Rajeev to get the status update.

Thanks

LC_DEC
STATE: NY
PD: 12/14/2001
45 Day Letter Received: Dec 05

We know that PBEC has been randomly skipping cases from 2001 and early 2002 and moving forward with approvals in late 2002. Here are the "theories" that try to explain PBEC's behavior. PBEC may have assigned cases from various date ranges to different processing analysts. Some of these analysts may be working on cases filed in later part of 2002 and they probably are the "more productive" analysts. Also, the analysts who have been assigned cases from 2001 and early 2002 may be over-worked or may be enjoying summer vacation or may have misplaced the cases/boxes or even messed up the sort order of the case files, which is why we see sporadic approvals now and then for 2001 and early 2002 cases. Also, it seems from our tracker that cases are being processed by State and hence we see different date ranges of cases being approved for cases filed from different States. PBEC has probably organized groups of analysts based on State and based on RIR/TR case type. Overall, the good news is that, in the recent months, PBEC appears to be strictly committed to increasing the pace of adjudication of all earlier filed cases in 2001 and 2002. The current trend appears to be very promising and I encourage all PBEC victims to continue to be hopeful.

Best of luck!!

Philadelphia BPC Continues with 2001 and 2002 Cases
©MurthyDotCom
The Philadelphia BPC, as before, is keeping more to a First-In/First-Out (FIFO) system. The cases that were approved had priority dates ranging from mid 2001 to late 2002. There was a case with a later priority date approved, but that was a special-handling case. Special-handling cases are for faculty members or other instructors who teach at institutions of higher education, like universities or colleges. Thus, it appears that the Philadelphia BPC, at least in this instance, is identifying and approving special handling cases before the regular LC or RIR cases. The recent LC approvals that we received from the Philadelphia BPC originated from Georgia, New Jersey, New York, and Maryland.