Passed the interview, thank you board!

ny11023

Registered Users (C)
My interview on Wednesday went more than smoothly.

The IO carefully checked my green card, and asked how I obtained it. I told her through employment. She asked about what the company was, and what they did. I answered that as well. But she did NOT ask when or why I left. I don't know if it was because it has been 7 years since I got my gc (my old employment history simply wasn't shown on my N400), or she was impressed by the article samples ( my attorney submitted during my gc application) in my file.

The civic test was done among our discussion. It was too easy if you'd spend a couple of hours to study the 96 questions (I did the old test), and can read and write simple sentences.

So my 2 cents here-
1. For those who got gc through employment, you are very likely to be asked questions regarding your sponsor company. So be prepared.

2. Bring tax records. The interview letter doesn't require it, but thanks to this board, I brought 5 years of records, and I.O. took 2 years.

3. Comb through all your immigration records if you are concerned, because they have everything - I mean EVERYTHING, in your file, that means all your immigration application/papers.

4. Have patience and have faith. Knowing that God took you through a long road of immigration and naturalization, to this very last stop for a reason. If you have been a good resident, obeying the laws, paying taxes, having clean records, the interview should be smooth sailing. From the day I applied my first visa, it's been more than 10 years, and I sat in the waiting room for 2 hours before I was called in, so patience is important to get you through. I prayed for meeting the "right" I.O., and believed that whomever God gave me would help me to move toward my goal. God gave me more than I could imagine.

So, be good, study the info from this board, bring all records, have faith. Wish everyone who's not there yet the very best luck! And thank you everyone who contributed great info and advices on this board!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...what is happening here? Why did she invited you again? Are you both available?? Yeah right...We will GO over FILE once AGAIN!!! Just kidding....I am sure your story was fascinating and it blew her away. Any way...CONGRATULATIONS!!! It seems like you are a genuine person and you deserve your success as we all do. Now...look forward to the Oath Ceremony - best day of YOUR LIFE (at least immigration journey!)!!

People, people! Some of you can use a little soap for your mind, don't ya. :rolleyes:

Btw, my oath date is on my b-day next month.

Good luck to everyone.

Cheerio,

Last edited by a moderator:
jack if it was the same as my AO, the answer is no and yes :D

Jack,

From your signature I see REF in your first interview. Can I ask what was that about and how your 2nd interview go? I mean did IO give you approval on the spot? and Is it like a regular interview as the first one? I am in the same boat and going for the 2nd interview with REF next month. Please respond

jack if it was the same as my AO, the answer is no and yes :D

Mr Jack: what kinf of oath ceremony notice u received? is it like official USCIS letterhead one like you get for FP and interview? or is it plain and simple white paper, with your name address and oath location and time??

Thank you.