Passed Interview, no oath letter yet ......

congratulation 160days waiting
iam still waiting since 8/21/2008 no decision yet
today i had info pass and i tolk to the supervisor like you did but no luck my case still under review, i think because you priority date is march 2007 and mine is july 2007 i have to wait couple months congratulation again and i wish i hear some good news soon

congratulation 160days waiting
i had an info pass today and i did like you said i talk to the supervisor no luck my case still under review i wish i hear some good news soon congratulation again

During my infopass today, i was told my case was approved yesterday on the 26th so my official wait for oath begins today.
Best of luck for all who still waiting. My advice is to do infopass, and be proactive when it comes to your case. USCIS won't do anything if you don't push them.

good news

today june 3rd 2009 i had an infopass, they told me that i am approved after 9 months and 15 days waiting for oath letter , i asked the officer if she can give me my n-445 form now , i told her that i am soo depressed waiting, i waited about 45 minutes and she gave me my oath letter, finally i am relaxed my oath ceremony will be june 16th 2009, good luck for all of you guys who are waiting for oath ceremony letter.
pd july 21st 2007
fp oct 10th 2007
id august 21 2008 decision can not be made awaiting file
infopasses too many i can not count them at least 15
call 1800 too many times(pending ,extended review, background check....)
last infopass june 3rd 2009 approved
oath date june 16th 2009
at washignton dc fairfax office center.

advise and good luck to everybody who is waiting

go for infopass and ask them to speak to the supervisor it may work because the supervisor is the only one who can take a look at your file if he/she wants to help you and you are waiting for soo long like me i have been waiting for 9 months and couple days after i pass the naturalisation test,and be patient i know it is too much depression but what we can do, do our best keep knocking on the immigration door until get an answer.
good luck for every one.

Grats gr8fl180. Did you ever consider filing a lawsuit when you waited past statutory 120 days?

after 120 days waiting they told you that you are under extended review and the the law does not apply to you because you are under extended review they know how to get arround the law because they made it , you still can file lawsuit, but i did not i waited all this time.

go for infopass and ask them to speak to the supervisor it may work because the supervisor is the only one who can take a look at your file if he/she wants to help you and you are waiting for soo long like me i have been waiting for 9 months and couple days after i pass the naturalisation test,and be patient i know it is too much depression but what we can do, do our best keep knocking on the immigration door until get an answer.
good luck for every one.

Just wonder, what was on your N652 form was checked? Decision cannot made or Congrats?

after 120 days waiting they told you that you are under extended review and the the law does not apply to you because you are under extended review they know how to get arround the law because they made it , you still can file lawsuit, but i did not i waited all this time.

They blatantly lied to you. See subsection (b) of the document located at the following link: http://vlex.com/vid/hearings-denials-applications-naturalization-19271734

It clearly states that if the USCIS fails to render a decision within 120 days of the interview, the applicant may petition the court to decide his/her case. In fact, the same thing is clearly stated at the bottom of the N-652.

I just received a letter for additional documents.
1. 1040 tax returns with copies of W2 forms for the past 5 years
2. Divorce decree

I am applying based on 5 year on GC basis not the marriage basis but was married to US citizen.
This is my timeline
Applied NYC Jan 15 2009
NOA Jan 26 2009
Checks cleared Feb 5 2009
Fingerprint Appointment Letter Feb 11 2009
Fingerprint Appointment Feb 26 2009 (all good)
May 12 2009 Interview (passed)
My N652 has two boxes checked
1. You passed the tests
2. USCIS will send you a written decision about your application.

Should I schedule an infopass?
June 12 2009 Request for additional documents

Do I have something to be worried about. I submitted past 3 years of tax returns with my original application but now IO is requesting last 5 years. I was in US for the entire time period and filed my taxes correctly and appropriately.
Is this part of the standard process?
I would appreciate any help
Thanks

Application filed since Jan 2008 Interview was 7 months ago

Greetings all,

Can someone give me some advice on my issue. Here it is:

I had my interview late, it was 12 months after my application was submitted. I passed the interview, and I was told to expect to hear from them.

It has been 7 months, no Oath letter, I have called the 1-800 number... they said it is still pending... I have had an infopass appointment, at the appointment, I was told that my case was sent to Washington DC Office... she said she did not know why. The lady took my information and said that she will try to get the file sent back to Atlanta. After one month, I called and no concrete response, until an e-mail came saying that I need to go back to the Atlanta office and ask them to have my file sent to them, and that my file is not in the Washington office anymore.

I went to the Atlanta office and I was told that my file is now in the Central Office!!!! another office in Washington DC..... The lady said you probably have a problem case.... I said what is the problem and she said she did not know.....

Has anyone heard this before?
Should I just get a lawyer?
Should I wait another 30 days or 45?
Should I just wait.....?

Thank you

Greetings all,

Can someone give me some advice on my issue. Here it is:

I had my interview late, it was 12 months after my application was submitted. I passed the interview, and I was told to expect to hear from them.

It has been 7 months, no Oath letter, I have called the 1-800 number... they said it is still pending... I have had an infopass appointment, at the appointment, I was told that my case was sent to Washington DC Office... she said she did not know why. The lady took my information and said that she will try to get the file sent back to Atlanta. After one month, I called and no concrete response, until an e-mail came saying that I need to go back to the Atlanta office and ask them to have my file sent to them, and that my file is not in the Washington office anymore.

I went to the Atlanta office and I was told that my file is now in the Central Office!!!! another office in Washington DC..... The lady said you probably have a problem case.... I said what is the problem and she said she did not know.....

Has anyone heard this before?
Should I just get a lawyer?
Should I wait another 30 days or 45?
Should I just wait.....?

Thank you

Oh, the lady was right when she said that you have a problem with your case. What she failed to mention is that the problem is a result of USCIS' ineptitude.

Was your case straightforward? Did they request any additional documents? If yes, have you submitted them? I strongly suggest that you file a lawsuit based on 1447(b) as soon as possible. After an interview is conducted, USCIS has 120 days to either approve or deny your case. If you look at the bottom of your N-652, there's a statement saying that you're allowed to petition a Federal court to decide your case if no decision has been made in 120 days. Don't wait, file a lawsuit as soon as possible and have your case decided in 2-3 months. Otherwise, there's no telling how long you'll be waiting. Check the lawsuit sticky for information on how to file the lawsuit yourself. 1447(b) is very straghtforward. You don't need to retain a lawyer to file it for you.

7 Months after interview still waiting

Thank you for your response.

The lady did not tell me what the problem was. I mentioned to her that there was one thing in my application which I corrected and the officer that interviewed me did not make a big deal of it. She even took a copy of my birth certificate and my two passport photos that day. But I have been waiting since then for an oath letter.

You mentioned that the 1447(b)?? was easy and straightforward, could you please give me a url to where I can find detailed information on how to file it.
Also I was going to send a letter to the Central Office and see if someone there will tell me what is going on.

Thank you.

Thank you for your response.

The lady did not tell me what the problem was. I mentioned to her that there was one thing in my application which I corrected and the officer that interviewed me did not make a big deal of it. She even took a copy of my birth certificate and my two passport photos that day. But I have been waiting since then for an oath letter.

You mentioned that the 1447(b)?? was easy and straightforward, could you please give me a url to where I can find detailed information on how to file it.
Also I was going to send a letter to the Central Office and see if someone there will tell me what is going on.

Thank you.

Here's a link where you can read the actual 1447(b). As far as detailed filing information goes, check the "Lawsuit against USCIS" sticky on this forum. It's probably the best resource on the web for filing such a lawsuit. Don't bother sending a letter. You'll just get a canned response, stating that your case is currently being processed and that you should wait. Unlike a regular Writ of Mandamus lawsuit (let's say you've been waiting for several years and haven't had your interview), where you have to provide proof of exhausting all administrative remedies, all you have to provide for 1447(b) is the initial complaint, stating that it's been more than 120 days since your interview and your case hasn't been adjudicated. It's very simple.

I am waiting for my OL, I had my interview on March 9, 2009. I am middle eastern. they sent the FBI to my door to interview me. it made me worry and drink alcohol a lot. anyway, I am suing the USCIS in New Orleans. every lawer i spoke to said, oh middle easter I understand that". that's really mean and upsetting. I am so upset and mad, that's why i took the matter by my own hand and sue them. pray for me.

I am waiting for my OL, I had my interview on March 9, 2009. I am middle eastern. they sent the FBI to my door to interview me. it made me worry and drink alcohol a lot. anyway, I am suing the USCIS in New Orleans. every lawer i spoke to said, oh middle easter I understand that". that's really mean and upsetting. I am so upset and mad, that's why i took the matter by my own hand and sue them. pray for me.

Could you please post updates on your lawsuit?

There are plenty of Middle Eastern naturalized citizens who went through the process without a hitch. Since the USCIS sent FBI agents to your house to interview you, the only explanation that seems to make sense is that you have the same (or similar) name as a known criminal or a terrorist. If you're a law abiding individual, go ahead and sue them. If they can't prove that you're a person of interest, they will have to grant your citizenship. Good luck!

malkaabi, I don't have any helpful advice here, but I am sorry to hear you are having a stressful time. As Vorpal said, perhaps your name is similar to some person of interest. I would like to think that the people who said to you "Oh, middle eastern, I understand that" only meant it in regards to the extra caution that is taken these days.

My application took months longer than other people who filed at the same place as I. They got interviews and oaths way before me, even those who filed 5 months after me. The whole process can be stressful, but hang in there, if you are an honest, decent person everything will work out fine.

Good luck.

thanks guys. I m meeting a lawer this coming monday. I have filed Pro se last friday, waiting for the return reciept. I pray for everyone. Thanks

sent N400 11/15/2008
Interview 3/9/09
FBI interview 5/11/09
still waiting for OL