Passed Interview, no oath letter yet ......

Valeria,

Congrats! Thanks for updating us (especially me) with your info. I am still waiting. Since it took you almost 3 months after Fairfax Interview, I guess mine could take more or less the same time. With your timeline in mind, I can expect a letter by October end. It is still frustrating since many others get their Oath letters quickly.

N-400 RD was June 29th 2007! Still waiting....... :(

My ceremony is scheduled on Oct 31. I don't have any traffic tkts.
Have you been questioned again from an IO at the day of your ceremony?

There you go: It was a very relaxed ceremony. There were few people who had minor traffic tickets between after Interview Date and Oath date and I saw them certificates on their hands. So, I guess as long as you have minor traffic violations you are good to go.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=287488

Valarie...when is your Oath scheduled? Have fun!

At the ceremony, USCIS rep will ask every one to complete the 8 questionaired that are in back page and want to make sure all is completed, dated, and signed. Depends on individual case, but minor cases does not effect what so ever...again I mean once in a while kind of minor violations. There was this lady infront of me...and she got speeding ticket a day before Oath day and I saw her happily carrying her certificate in way out.

Hi,
Thanks! So...you have not been questioned. You just filled, and signed the form before giving this to the collecting rep. And then just waiting? How they find out if you have any traffic tkt then? What the people/friends/family with you at the ceremony? Do they have to enter with you or they are going to be accomodated separatly? Thanks!

At the ceremony, USCIS rep will ask every one to complete the 8 questionaired that are in back page and want to make sure all is completed, dated, and signed. Depends on individual case, but minor cases does not effect what so ever...again I mean once in a while kind of minor violations. There was this lady infront of me...and she got speeding ticket a day before Oath day and I saw her happily carrying her certificate in way out.

Hi,
Thanks! So...you have not been questioned. You just filled, and signed the form before giving this to the collecting rep. And then just waiting? How they find out if you have any traffic tkt then?

You have to tell them if you have had any tickets arrests etc between the interview and the oath.

Don't lie about a speeding ticket at this stage :)

Hi,
I don't have any traffic tkts. I don't mean to lie. I just wanted to know if you are going to be questioned in a separate room like an interview.
Thanks.
You have to tell them if you have had any tickets arrests etc between the interview and the oath.

Don't lie about a speeding ticket at this stage :)

If you have any tickets/violations/changes to those 8 questions in the back of the Oath letter, USCIS will ask you to go to a designated room where they will guide you what to do next.
Regarding guests...you can bring as many as you would like. And, here in Tampa they allow you to sit next to you. This is a cermony so I guess everything goes happy way!

Thank you so much!

If you have any tickets/violations/changes to those 8 questions in the back of the Oath letter, USCIS will ask you to go to a designated room where they will guide you what to do next.
Regarding guests...you can bring as many as you would like. And, here in Tampa they allow you to sit next to you. This is a cermony so I guess everything goes happy way!

I am also waiting for the oath letter from USCIS/local DO (St. Paul/Minneaplis). My interview was conducted on Sept. 4th, 2008 and I was given a piece of paper indicating that I have passed english and civic test.

Upon my last inquiry, I was told that my case is in so called "Re-Verifciation" and it may take a month or so more. Any body with same response from USCIS about his/her case?

waiting for oath letter too

:confused:
I got my interview on SEP-2-2008 at FAIRFAX FIELD OFFICE. I passed the test and was given n-265 saying that the decision can not be made.....Because I put my birth day on my marriage date (stupid mistake). The IO said that i should expect the oath letter within 2,3 weeks. Since that day I've made 2 inforpass and was told that my case is "re-verification".
UPSATE NEWYORK - please let me know if any progress in your case.

my phone # (703)-459-8641
email : nhantvo2000@yahoo.com
I'll keep you posted on my case.

I just came back from local DO (St. Paul/Minneapolis) after an infopass session. The officer at the counter told me that my case is in "reverification" stage, which is the last step. She also mentioned that local DO was doing its best to process as many cases as possible before the election on November 4th.

Nothing much, I got out of the infopass session.

I just came back from local DO (St. Paul/Minneapolis) after an infopass session. The officer at the counter told me that my case is in "reverification" stage, which is the last step. She also mentioned that local DO was doing its best to process as many cases as possible before the election on November 4th.

I passed interviewed in mid September, and the interviewer said a decision letter will be mailed to be me in two weeks. I was very dissapointed by not getting the oath letter at the end of the interview. Anyway, after three weeks of waiting, I just saw the oath letter deposited in my mail box yesterday.

Recently, in this forum, I noticed several people posting similar experience of being told at the end of interview to wait for the decision letter. Just wondering if this surge has anything to do with the timing of election. USCIS, on one hand, is under the pressure of the public to adjudicate as many N400 applicants as possible for them to vote. But on the other hand, USCIS doesn't want to be charged for fraud in the process of adjudication. To balance these two, USCIS has to show their cautioness by re-verifying the documents of more interviewees. As the result, there are more and more people falling into this reverification and waite-for-decision-letter hole.

Congrats Calvillager. I hope that all of us stuck in re-verification will get our oat letter soon. Enjoy your moment.

Can you tell us what DO are you located in?

Thanks.

had my interview over 3 months ago I passd the exam and was asked for my last 3 years taxes. My letter what to bring said only to bring Green card and Marriage certificate. I sent in the taxes 2 days later via FED EX and have been waiting over 3 months for the oath ceremony.... any idea why it's taking so long. tx san antoino.i made appoipment next week on infopass,

Wonder why ? the dead line to be able to vote in the upcoming election is well past, Oct 6th...

She also mentioned that local DO was doing its best to process as many cases as possible before the election on November 4th.

:confused:
UPSATE NEWYORK - please let me know if any progress in your case.

Still waiting.....had the interview on 7/28/08. I am planning to stay put until the end of this month. If I don't hear in 90 days, then I'll call USCIS and enquire. Don't live near any UCIS center either. The wait continues.... :(

I passed interviewed in mid September, and the interviewer said a decision letter will be mailed to be me in two weeks. I was very dissapointed by not getting the oath letter at the end of the interview. Anyway, after three weeks of waiting, I just saw the oath letter deposited in my mail box yesterday.

Recently, in this forum, I noticed several people posting similar experience of being told at the end of interview to wait for the decision letter. Just wondering if this surge has anything to do with the timing of election. USCIS, on one hand, is under the pressure of the public to adjudicate as many N400 applicants as possible for them to vote. But on the other hand, USCIS doesn't want to be charged for fraud in the process of adjudication. To balance these two, USCIS has to show their cautioness by re-verifying the documents of more interviewees. As the result, there are more and more people falling into this reverification and waite-for-decision-letter hole.

What does reverification mean, is it a second approval or a routine procedure before the final approval of the N400