out of country for 3 months

hurricanemd

Registered Users (C)
I have the green card for almost one year now, i am going out of country for 3 months , do I need any special paperwork or are there anythings I should be concerned about while returning back ( i also have not been working for the past 6 months )

I have the green card for almost one year now, i am going out of country for 3 months , do I need any special paperwork or are there anythings I should be concerned about while returning back ( i also have not been working for the past 6 months )

I would say, YOU are free as a bird :) Just need your passport and green card when you go.

It is the ties to the US (job, house, business, family .......etc), not how long you stay overseas. If you will come back to live permanently in US, then you do not need anything. But, if you plan, like others, to go abroad for few months then come back for few days and keep this pattern, this could affect your GC adversly.

I have the green card for almost one year now, i am going out of country for 3 months , do I need any special paperwork or are there anythings
-----------------NO.
I should be concerned about while returning back ( i also have not been working for the past 6 months )
-----------------------------not a problem.
-----------------------

thanks for the reply

thanks for reply and reassurance.
Just need to confirm one more thing, i am only transiting via london, as green card holder i dont need UK visa for transit and if I an staying in paris for 2-3 days (less then 5 days) i still need schengen visa. feedback appreciated