Only Old timers who have not been approved - Please

added rvinay and sree2005 info

This is the latest version with format

Last edited by a moderator:
May be we can add another point that people are missing lot of opportunities in the career as well as financially because of this delay.

Edited version

Open for review and feedback. Added vvvunlucky's point in as well. The doc has tracking changes turned on if you want to look at the changes.

Please note that this is only the body of the letter - header footer part still need to be done...

Dear Mr. Khatri,

First of all, thank you for providing this opportunity to write our concerns in our I-485 processing standards adopted by the USCIS service centers.

We are group of applicants who have filed our employment based I-485 applications at least 3-4 years ago, and have our name check cleared , biometrics that are current and with current priority dates.

As some of us have mentioned in your past two teleconferences, there is still a trend of new applications being approved immediately and the older applications just ignored with no action taken on them. This is apparent from our monitoring I-485 applications of our colleagues, who applied along with us through the the same attorneys, as well as by monitoring various immigration groups . It very apparent that USCIS does not process I-485 applications based on a First In First Out (FIFO) basis and we would like this escalate this issue to you because we don’t have any hope that our applications will be processed in the near future.

When we have raised this issue with USCIS officials, their response has always been a standard “each application is different”. While we understand that every application is different, we feel that we are unjustly punished for no fault of ours since USCIS is processing applications in a very random order. We are attaching a list of our pending application details that clearly show that:

• Our priority date is current
• Our name check is cleared
• Our biometrics are current
• There is no RFE response pending from our side
• The processing date in the USCIS site is at least 1 year ahead of us

USCIS Immigration officers have acknowledged that our cases are just pending, waiting to be assigned to an Immigration Officer. But this “assignment” has not happened in our cases, and we don’t see that changing in the near future. At the same time, we have seen numerous newly filed I-485 applications being approved within 2-3 months of their receipt date. If you like, we can compile a list of numerous applications which have been applied in May / June 2007 that were approved this August.

This is a very big issue since older applicants like us are being penalized by fear of retrogression, expiring fingerprints, and multiple rounds of name check. Besides undergoing emotional and mental trauma while awaiting a decision on our cases, we also suffer monetarily by having to file EADs and APs every 8 months, not being able to work if the EAD is not approved in a timely manner, and have to get our drivers licenses each time our EAD is renewed. We also have to miss out on career advancement opportunities like promotions and significant raises while our application is pending, not to mention higher mortgage interest rates for those of us who are brave enough to consider buying a house to live in.

As you mentioned in your annual report, we still see the trend of the Immigration officers processing the low hanging fruits including the recent applications rather than spending time in our applications which we assume would be at the bottom of the pile due to this long delay.

We appreciate your taking time to look into this lack of processing standards at USCIS which is affecting many applicants like us who have been waiting and suffering for long time. Our sincere request is for your help in getting USCIS to process applications as they are supposed to - on a FIFO basis (assuming all the 5 points mentioned above in this letter are cleared including name check).

We have collected details from older applicants in the following format, to give you a sense of how long some of us have been waiting.

EB Type:
485 Receipt date:
Priority date:
Country of Origin:
Service Center:

There are over XX details we have attached for your perusal. We thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Group I-485 applicants whose applications have not been processed due to the fact that the FIFO is not working.

Pls find my info uploaded as well.
Also I think it is a better idea to sort this ascending

one more thing I realized - we talk about priority dates being current for all of us which is not true for all those listed (going by Sep VB)

Corrected my RD date
EB Type : EB3
485 Recieve date : July 10th 2003
Priority date : Dec 2002
Country of Origin : INDIA
Service Center : NSC

one more thing I realized - we talk about priority dates being current for all of us which is not true for all those listed (going by Sep VB)
Well that is the reason we need to sort it by oldest PDs first, so that it really catches the eye and also bcoz the 99&00 guys need to get attention first.

A word of Caution!

A word of caution. If you plan to share an electronic copy of a Microsoft Office document, it is a good idea to take the extra step of reviewing the document for hidden data or personal information that might be stored in the document itself or in the document properties. This hidden information can reveal details about your organization or about the document itself that you might not want to share, especially in a public forum. You might want to remove this hidden information before you share the document with other people. Or not use word documents at all and just do a subject text paste to the forum.

May I suggest that you remove all copies of these word documents and then the next time you wish to upload a word document, make sure that you have removed the personally identifiable information. I don't know how it is done in older versions of MS Word, but in Word 2007 you can do it very easily.

Also, I just wanted a clarification. Is this list for just those people who have everything clear? What about people stuck in name check?

i think

I think I did that - can you please PM me if you find anything else in my doc (I removed stuff from the properties screen) - but if you find something, that would be appreciated

A word of caution. If you plan to share an electronic copy of a Microsoft Office document, it is a good idea to take the extra step of reviewing the document for hidden data or personal information that might be stored in the document itself or in the document properties. This hidden information can reveal details about your organization or about the document itself that you might not want to share, especially in a public forum. You might want to remove this hidden information before you share the document with other people. Or not use word documents at all and just do a subject text paste to the forum.

May I suggest that you remove all copies of these word documents and then the next time you wish to upload a word document, make sure that you have removed the personally identifiable information. I don't know how it is done in older versions of MS Word, but in Word 2007 you can do it very easily.

Nothing to fear

anyone else can volunteer for sending the same letter to all congressman in United states and one for USCIS director?

I have lots of work to catch up this week --- Please feel free to send.

I think nothing to worry as we are professionally raising our concern.

Add me too :

EB3 PD 10/2001
I 485 RD 01/2004
ROW
TSC ( transfered to local office 02/2005 )
NC Cleared ( confirmed thru infopass , NSC , congressman )
FP Cleared

PS: getting closed to 4 years since apply I 485 , 7 years since process started , and 5th EAD on the way !!!:mad:

Respect , ghebauer