Only for Concurrent fillers

My EB2 Master
I got RFE on Dec. 2 for I140.
Then I got the approval on jan,21,2003

I think it is maybe true if you apply for EAD, it will exepdite your i140 processing since they need a review on your i140 before your EAD approval.

Good luck.

Originally posted by indianexpert
how come u got approved when applied in september and all others are waiting since june...............

Please write you deatils such as category,,,education,certification and satus of ur company This will give an idea to us...please

thanks

Aug/02 I140/I485 concurrent fileing NIW appoved in VSC

Smiling......
Jan 15, approved notice was maid. today my Lawyer just got it!
Hope all your guys luck same as me!

New Entrant...Hello...

Hello All,
Am new to this forum, just got up to this point from getting my RIR from Philly DOL. Am familiar with some of you from Philly DOL, guess I'll just listen in until I come up to speed. In phily DOL, there was this tracking sheet which helped me (and all the rest) as to which date is currently being processed. Can we possible come up with some such excel sheet here?...any takers?....

The reason I say this, is that with the collective knowledge that sheet provided, I was able to identify and better track my application.

Any suggestions/thoughts?...

Regards,
Etchoneb

Originally posted by presbyopia
Smiling......
Jan 15, approved notice was maid. today my Lawyer just got it!
Hope all your guys luck same as me!

Spreadsheet is a good idea

I think we should do that in the best interest of all the members.

My Labor was approved 01/02/03.
140/485/131/765 mailed on 01/23/03.

etchoneb / bombay72 / New_friend:

I am not sure if you are aware of the INS Track website which tracks and lists all immigration information. Most of the users on this board have entered and update information at this location.

This would be the place for you to go to track and keep yourselves updated. Though spreadsheet would not be a bad idea, it is too much of an administrative hassel when we already have a good tracking facility available!

Good luck to all!

Are U concurrent Filer eAJay

Hi eAJay,
Kindly post your concurrent filing details for US pls.

My I-140 RD is 10/23/2002.That Y I was just wondering..

I485/ 1-765/ I-130 RD 10/23/2002
Receive EAD and AP 11/21/2002
FP in Dec 2002

Guys,
It lloks like I-140 is picking up pace !!!

Thanks

:)

Are U concurrent Filer eAJay

Hi eAJay,
Kindly post your concurrent filing details for US pls.

My I-140 RD is 10/23/2002.That Y I was just wondering..

I485/ 1-765/ I-130 RD 10/23/2002
Receive EAD and AP 11/21/2002
FP in Dec 2002

Guys,
It lloks like I-140 is picking up pace !!!

Thanks

:)

My I140 approved 01/30/03!

My info:
EB3, LC substitution
I-140:
MD - 10/28/02
ND - 11/05/02
AD - 01/30/03

I-485/765/131:
MD - 11/13/02
RD - 11/15/02
ND - 12/11/02
FP scheduled on 02/07/03
FP done on 01/23/03

No EAD/AP approvals yet...

Congratulations VYLE.

It appears LC Sub cses are getting early I-140 approvals !!. Or VSC is really catching up w/ the backlog !?.

AP/EAD Questions :

Hi Sanga,

Finally got my LC approval hard copy and will be mailing the 140/485 docs in couple of weeks.

I have some questions :

1) My Attorney said that i don't need to applyu for EAD/AP because my H1B is current and is valid till 2004 December.
If my h1 is still current can I go out of country or will there be a problem without an Advanced Parole document ?

2) My wife is on F1 and I'll include her in my application too. Now has anyone been in the same situation? I need to know whether there will be any impact on our filings due to her F1 status ?

3) Whether EAD will be required for me because my H1 is valid till 2004 Dec ?

Thanks

Anindya_72

Originally posted by Sanga
Congratulations VYLE.

It appears LC Sub cses are getting early I-140 approvals !!. Or VSC is really catching up w/ the backlog !?.

Anindya_72,
Congratulations on your LC.

1) You can use your H1-B for all travel purposes w/o any problem. As per I know, AP is required if you do not have a valid H1B.

2) I have no idea how F1 stuff works. I don't think there will be any problem for GC. My wife too goes to school, but she is on H4 and I have applied bothl EAD/AP for her too. When my 6years will be up by June '03, I'll be using EAD to work as my employer may not be interested to spend money on H1B extention.

3) EAD is not required, if you choose to continue to work on H1B. EAD will be useful if you want to join some other company using AC21 after 180 days. If you have every confidence on your current job/employer and don't see any future problems, you should be fine w/o EAD.

Good Luck.
-Sanga.

Sanga ,

Thanks for the info. Is there a way I could apply for the EAD after I have applied for 140/485 ?

Anindya_72

Originally posted by Sanga
Anindya_72,
Congratulations on your LC.

1) You can use your H1-B for all travel purposes w/o any problem. As per I know, AP is required if you do not have a valid H1B.

2) I have no idea how F1 stuff works. I don't think there will be any problem for GC. My wife too goes to school, but she is on H4 and I have applied bothl EAD/AP for her too. When my 6years will be up by June '03, I'll be using EAD to work as my employer may not be interested to spend money on H1B extention.

3) EAD is not required, if you choose to continue to work on H1B. EAD will be useful if you want to join some other company using AC21 after 180 days. If you have every confidence on your current job/employer and don't see any future problems, you should be fine w/o EAD.

Good Luck.
-Sanga.

Anindya_72,

You should check with your lawyer regarding filing for adjustment of status (I485) for your wife.

A friend of mine , who recently applied for his I485, was in a similar situation (his wife was on F1). His lawyer advised him to file for a change of status for his wife (F1 to H4). Per the lawyer you cannot apply for adjustment of status on an F1 visa since F1 implies temporary residency (you go back to your country after completing studies). He filed for the change of status and then applied for the adjustment of status. He did not have to wait for the change of status application to be approved.

My advise to you is to double check with your lawyer, he/she should know more about this.

mman1234

My 2 cents here.You don't need to go from F1 to H4.I saw my friend's case(Successful inthis matter).It's all depends on the lawyer.

Originally posted by mman1234
Anindya_72,

You should check with your lawyer regarding filing for adjustment of status (I485) for your wife.

A friend of mine , who recently applied for his I485, was in a similar situation (his wife was on F1). His lawyer advised him to file for a change of status for his wife (F1 to H4). Per the lawyer you cannot apply for adjustment of status on an F1 visa since F1 implies temporary residency (you go back to your country after completing studies). He filed for the change of status and then applied for the adjustment of status. He did not have to wait for the change of status application to be approved.

My advise to you is to double check with your lawyer, he/she should know more about this.

mman1234

Where were you ?

pmreddy_2002,

You just disappeared from this forum, where you been to ?. Whats up with your concurrent filing ?. I don't remember you posting any details here or in Nov/Dec thread :(. Whats your RD, ND ?. Are there any approvals EAD/AP ?.

-Sanga

no need to go from F-1 to H-4 before filing AOS

Hi,
I am pretty sure there is no need to file for status change from F-1 to H-4 if spouse is about to file for AOS. I did it for my wife. You can directly file AOS. She will automatically lose her F-1 status upon filing for AOS.
I wonder what kind of lawyer will ask to file for H-4. It should be either for money or due to ignorance. Neother of them is good anyway. beware of such people