I140/I485/I765/I131
ND: 09/23/2002

I140 AD: 01/23/2003
I765 AD: 02/04/2003
I131 AD: 02/06/2003

FP Done: 10/15/2002

Still waiting for EAD/I131 in the mail.

Waiting to file Concurrently..

My labor got cleared, I'm ready with all documents and I want to apply for I140/I485 concurrently. My wife had to go to india and will be back after a month and half. Do I need to wait for her to come back before I can proceed with the filing or go ahead with it? My compamy is telling me that it is better I wait.
Dont know what is the problem... any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks

Pachchu

You do need to get her medical exam done also so you need her unless you already had it done, except that I dont't see any problem you can go ahead & do that concurrent thing and get over with it. Now a days they (Concurrent Filers) are getting approvals like crazy man, do take advantage of that.
;)

I do have med exam results, just not sure if I can go ahead as my company is telling me that I should wait until my wife comes back, may be for her latest I94 record??. Anyway thanks for your reply.

I think your company is right. When you submitting your wifes document you have to send Xerox copy of I-94. If she goes to india and come back the I-94 doesn't match the one with INS. I think thats the reason your company told like that. Ask with your
attorney.

Hi inshope

What do you mean by "Now a days they (Concurrent Filers) are getting approvals like crazy?"

I just sent out my I140 and I485 package last week. Can you please tell me what number should I call to track if my info is entered into the system.

Thanks so much

sharmin,
You need to call your lawyer and find out the Receipt #s, once they are issued. Once you get the receipts, then you can check the status at INS Online . Its taking about 4 weeks for INS to issue receipts, so check back w/ your lawyer in couple of weeks

Hello Everyone,

I have a question on I-485. My labor is approved last month. My attorney is planning to do concurrent filing.

From friends I learned that when you are submitting the form I-485 , under part-2, many people fill "awaiting EAC-XXXXX" from I-140 (i.e check the "h box").

Or may be someone can apply for I-140 get it approved and check the "box a" for the same I-485 form. (I am not 100% sure abt this)

In my case my attorney is planning to submit my I-140 and I-485 together with the "box a" checked in part2.

Is there any new law or something that....instead of waiting for I-140's EAC you can file both the applications same day(with the "box a" checked).............

Just to avoid confusion: the part-2 of I-485 is:

Application Type. Part 2.

I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status because:

a. an immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number has been
approved. (Atttach a copy of the approval notice-- or a relative, special immigrant juvenile or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you an immediately available visa number, if approved.)

h.Other basis of eligibility. Explain. (If additional space is needed, use a separate piece of paper.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

nash9,
There is no change in law as such. The scenario you are explaining is part of concurrent filing law that is effective since Aug 2002. Either you can wait for I-140 receipt(EAC #) and then apply I-485 (which your friends did) Or you can apply for both I-140 and I-485 together (which your lawyer is doing it for you) . Later option is the best and thats what most of us do now a days. You are just fine..:D

Originally posted by nash9
Hello Everyone,
In my case my attorney is planning to submit my I-140 and I-485 together with the "box a" checked in part2.

Is there any new law or something that....instead of waiting for I-140's EAC you can file both the applications same day(with the "box a" checked).............

Last edited by a moderator:
Adding my info to the thread.

I applied for I-140/I-485/EAD/AP concurrently.

RD: 01/08/2003
ND: 02/03/2003

Thanks - sanga

I appreciate your reply.

I was a bit concern as the option A box asks for "approval proof"...
To file both together what do someone has to submit as proof of attachment?

I will post my details once the applications are filed.

Thanks again and good luck
Nash.

140 - Different Queues

Seems to me that they are 2 processing queues. One for pre December filings and one for December and later.

We have been seeing a steady approval of 140 from people who filed in Early december but nothing yet from before.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum. My labor certification PD date is coming closer. Can someone please guide me what documents we actually need to file I-140 and I-485.

Do we again need any reference letters (How many???) from our previous and current employer. As it took me a while to arrange it for my labor application. Any other additional documents etc etc

Thanks in advance

prlover,
What do you mean do we need medical ?. You need medical if you are filing I-485, doesn't matter whether your I-140 is approved/pending. If you don't do medical, INS will generate a RFE for that and case may get delayed.

Jalma,
Please go to page 7 of this thread and you will find our discussion on docs required for concurrent filing.

Good Luck !!
-Sanga.

Hi Guys,
I'm filing I140/I485/EAD all together next
week. Please advise me on whether to submitt I693
Medical Examintation with above forms. I would like to only do this if it expedites my application in anyway. All the concurrent filers
, please share your thoughts! Thanks!

Thanks Sanga,

I got the information I needed. As far experience letter are concerned. Can we use the copy of same letters which we used for labor certification or we need original letters on the letterhead.

Please clarify...

Jalma,
LC does not make use of any experience letters. They come into picture only in I-140 stage. However, it looks like your lawyer got copies of your experience letters already. INS needs only copies of experience letters/marriage certs etc., Do NOT send any such originals w/ your applications.

parvardigar,
I-693 is a must for I-485. Submitting it along with other applications MAY NOT expedite the process. Nevertheless, not submitting it MAY slowdown your process as INS will generate a RFE at some point. I don't know if they could issue a RFE when they do a mandatory review of application before issuing EAD. If they do, it will result in delay right there. Unless you have strong reason, I would say better to send every thing in one packet.