Only for Concurrent fillers

Concurrent filing I140/I485/EAD/AP
RD: 09/13/02
ND: 09/23/02

I got RFE on dec. 2, 2002. I have not gotten any approval for my EAD/AP.

Is anybody in the same situation? Should I just wait?

RFE on What? I got my EAD but not applied for AP. Not recieved any RFE or approval for 140.

140/485/EAD
----------------
RD to all- 9/23/02
ND to all-10/02/02
FP Done - 11/12/02
EAD AD - 01/03/03, Card not yet recieved
140 AD - ????
485 AD - -------------

I got RFE on i140 to request for my diploma. I guess they either lost my diploma or misplaced it.

On dec. 19, they received my response. But until now I still did not get any approval for my EAD/AP

Advise from experts...

Dear All,

I have filed my I140 & 485 in December 22nd and could you guys tell me how long does it take to receive receipt's. & EAD...

how to track with receipt #....Do you guys have any contact # to check the status.

Reply in this regard is highly appreciated.

thanks,
ge_ja

Its delayed over the holidays.

ge_ja,
You can find all this info in Nov/Dec concurrent filing thread. Right now it is taking 4-6 weeks to get the reciepts. Right now they are issuing Notice Dates for the folks whose applications reached the office about 1st/2nd week of Dec. Once you get the receipts, ypu can use INS's case status online to find out your status. Here is the link : https://egov.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp[/URL].

Let us know when you get your Notice Dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
MD Dec. 18

My I-485 aplication was sent out on Dec. 18. So far, no receipt.
I guess by the end of the month, I will get it.

VSC Dates published

Folks,

VSC announced its processing dates as of 1/15/03 and I-765(EAD) for both EB2 and EB3 is current . Any one who got ND recently got EAD approvals ?. Especially the folks who got ND in 1st/2nd week of January should get their EAD approval by now, if VSC is stating it right.

When VSC was current last time, a couple of months back , we used to get approvals within 3 weeks time.

Please update on any recent EAD approvals.

Good Luck !!
-sanga.

Got LC certified

Hello All,

Finally I got my DOL cleared on 15th Jan. I am glad to see you all in this forum. I want to go for concurrrent filing and I have a question. Do we need to wait for I140 receipt before applying to I485 or we can apply both parallely?

Where can I get the list of documents I need to get ready?

Thanks,
Helper

VSC Dates published ?

Sanga,
You said that VSC has updated the processing dates. May I know where did you get this info and also what are the processing dates for I-140.

Thank you,
AKFL

Disappointing VSC processing times

Go to www.immigration-law.com and click on "INS Processing Times" in the left pane.

The process times for all categories of 140 are still the same as what was posted a month ago. Very disappointing!

For EAD, although it is shown to be improved a lot in the past month, I don't think everybody who filed EAD application before the posted date has got EAD approved.

Re: VSC Dates published

My ND for all(485,140,765,131) is Jan. 6th, 2003. But no single one is approved yet. Just update, thanks.

Originally posted by Sanga
Folks,

VSC announced its processing dates as of 1/15/03 and I-765(EAD) for both EB2 and EB3 is current . Any one who got ND recently got EAD approvals ?. Especially the folks who got ND in 1st/2nd week of January should get their EAD approval by now, if VSC is stating it right.

When VSC was current last time, a couple of months back , we used to get approvals within 3 weeks time.

Please update on any recent EAD approvals.

Good Luck !!
-sanga.

Re: VSC Dates published ?

here is the link for checking online status
https://egov.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/caseStat.jsp
My NDs (485,140,765) are Jan. 4th, 2003
As of Now there is No Change in status

Originally posted by AKFL
Sanga,
You said that VSC has updated the processing dates. May I know where did you get this info and also what are the processing dates for I-140.

Thank you,
AKFL

My I140 just get approved yesterday. Here is my info:

I140/I485/I765/I130
MD: 09.12.2002
ND: 09/23/2002
I140 AD: 1/21/2003

No EAD/AP approval yet.

how come u got approved when applied in september and all others are waiting since june...............

Please write you deatils such as category,,,education,certification and satus of ur company This will give an idea to us...please

thanks

Don't try to get logical...!!

indianexpert,

No details will help to figure out what is going on with I-140 approvals at VSC. Only solution is to wait and keep checking online status !!

This forum has seen cases that are approved as late as October 02 and on the same token there are cases untouched from March 02.

So DON'T try to analyse data and predict things...as far I-140s are concerned at VSC :D

Originally posted by indianexpert [/i
how come u got approved when applied in september and all others are waiting since june...............

Please write you deatils such as category,,,education,certification and satus of ur company This will give an idea to us...please

thanks

one possible explanation...

Actually there is a possible explanation for quicker 140 approval.....

If you apply for EAD along with 140+485 concurrent filing,
(i guess most people do that...) VSC does an intial review
of the I140 of all applicants before issuing an EAD(this is done to avoid any potential fraud in cases with out Labor certification such as EB1 etc.)
During this intial review(this review is done in a month
or so..b'cuz EAD should be issued in 90 days) if you get lucky and if the immigration officer feels that everything points to a good case(like working in same company as LC,high salary,big banner company..all intact documents etc...) you might get an instant approval of 140 or if the officer feels something needs to be verified etc..the 140 is returned to the Que(which might take 6 to 8 months to get approval) and EAD is issued.In some cases RFE for 140 may be issued or even the application may be rejected.
This also means that people who get 140 approval in a month or two should be receiving their EAD in a week's time or so...

MY ND of Jan 4 th
I checked Online status it says
On January 22, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording.
Update u once the date is confirmed