Only for Concurrent fillers

Hi VIVIAN_GC:

What is IIO and the contact information including phone, email and mailing address? It seems silly question but saw lots of people talked about and just could not find the info about IIO. Thanks.

Originally posted by vivian_gc
There are still lots of April/May cases pending. I don't know why IIO said processing June 5 case.

:mad:

hsteven29,

IIO is INS officer who is answering your qusetions through phone. The phone number is 802-527-4913. I don't know if there is email address.

Thank you so much.

Originally posted by vivian_gc
hsteven29,

IIO is INS officer who is answering your qusetions through phone. The phone number is 802-527-4913. I don't know if there is email address.

Filling . I-140/I485/AP/EAD

Hi Guru's,

I have my LC cleared last week from Philly and I am planing to go for Concurrent Filling of I-140 and I-485.

Good to see you all in this thread.

The question I have is :

I have a valid H1 visa stamped on the passport till JULY 03. But my I-94 was expired on Feb-02. I spoke to my Attorney he says this is valid b/c i have another valid I-94 card in H1 till JUL03 ? So can I depend on my attorney or should I travel out of US and get a new I-94.

Please advice.

Good luck to you all.......

Thanks in advance
Sai_sri7

Sai_sri7,

How come your visa stampled till july 2003?? and I-94 only for 2/2002. Seems like you used different H1's to stamp the visa and to enter the country. You can check your status like this : See your current H1 document-- ( if its a H1 transfer/extension) the bottom left portion is a I-94. You can find the expiry date. The issue date is the H1 issue date. If the issue date is later than the you enter the country then you are safe. Otherwise you have over ridden the I-94 on the H1 with the entry I-94.

gcinfo1971 thanks for the Info

My I-94 Entry date is before the H1 Issue date, and I am with the same company for the last 5years so I assume it is safe.

Thanks for the Info

Sai_sri7

On a different topic....

Hi All,

I just recevied my I140/485 papers from Lawyer. In which I realized that I need to have all vaccinations and my medical test results. All my paperwork is ready except these medical test. I would like to know, if it must for me to wait till I get my medical test results before I can file my 140/485 filing? Or that can be done later?

I have reasons to file for I140/485 as soon as possible. The medical test scheduling is about to delay it by coouple weeks and I am trying to find out if I can file I140/485 now and not wait till I get medical tests done.

Please help.

Hi,

As far as I know, you don't need to file the medical papers right away.

A friend has taken the same approach.

Besides, medical test results are only valid for 1 year. So, if I-485 extends beyond 1 year, INS will ask you to retake the tests. I know a number of people who had to retake the medical.

Hope this helps.

You are fast.....

Hi asimraja,

One of my friend who has his GC through CP a year back thought the same way and advised me to refer to this portal. He was right, you guys here are fast.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. I will now request my lawyer to take this approach and check out if he is okay on it. This will save me a good couple weeks.

Thanks again.

hi all

My I140 got approved on Dec. 23. Thanks to everyone for the support. My details:
RD Fed 5 2002, EB3, I485 filled in Sept. 2002 concurrently, EAD approved on Dec. 19th 2002.
Please let me know if you havee any questions.

Thanks again, and I wish good luck to everyone.

To VikoViko and All

TIPS AND LIST FOR I-140 AND I-485 CONCURRENT FILING

Important:

1) Read all the INS forms thoroughly.
2) Go INS web site and understand GC process. Time consuming & boring but worth it.
3) Arrange document as specified by INS (use INS web site)
4) Copy of all document s submitted
5) Use Clips instead of small staples.

I-485 list

Photos without any ornaments and bind
Write name with pencil on the backside of each photo
485 forms
Biographic Information G325
EAD form I-765
Advanced Parole I-131
Birth Certificates
Birth Certificates affidavit Original
Marriage certificate
Birth Certificates affidavit Original
Marriage certificate affidavit Original
Medical I 693
Passport copy without blank pages
H-1B Current
Hi-B previous
H-4
H1b extension receipt
Checks payable to INS

Marriage Certificate Xerox
I-94 Xerox
List of all document attached Summary Sheet prepare
None and N/a blank cheek in all forms
Ensure all mails are submitted to INS on TUE, wed, Thu
Annexure should include complete name and DOB
Affidavit Original
I-94 form back to back
Drivers License
Pay stubs 4 months
IRS returns
Periods of stay information Proof
A letter from your bank showing when the account was opened, type of account, and the current balance.
Current Job Letter from the Company

I-140 List

Experience letter from past employers
Foreign address
Present address
Social security number
Copy of all document s submitted
List of all document attached Summary Sheet prepare
None and N/a blank check in all forms
Ensure all mails are submitted to INS on TUE, wed, Thu
Annexure should include complete name and DOB
I-94 form back to back Xerox
Main I-140 summary sheet as per INS
Driver License
Approval of "H" status (I-797)
Current resume including your employment history for the past six years (names, addresses, and exact dates of employment).
Original college/university degrees and transcripts or notarized copies External
Most recent W-2's
Most recent pay stub with your employer Day and evening telephone numbers
Copy of Credentials Evaluation (used for H1-b)

Good job...

SureshAIS,
Your posting has very useful information and shows
why such message boards are important. I am sure
someone will find this information very useful and you would
then think that spending time to write it was all worth it.
Thanks for your time.

-Aptu

Delays for concurrently filed I-140's

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/vscreviewconc.html

The VSC is making changes concerning the processing of concurrently filed I-485/I-140's.

The center will now be performing the prima facie review of all concurrently filed I-140's. Due to resource constraints and an increased level of concurrent filing receipts, the center can no longer adjudicate concurrently filed I-140's within the limited time frames. Thus, the center will perform an I-140 prima facie review prior to adjudication of the I-765/I-131 and, if prima facie eligible, EAD/AP document(s) will be issued and the I-140/I-485 will be returned to the I-140 backlog to be worked in date receipt order.

Bad news :( but better Information !!!!
VSC I-140 June 4 2002

I140 APPROVED!!

It has been a 8 month long wait and your messages and postings eased some of the pain. Thanks everybody for your support - this truly is a good community. Happy New Year to you all and good luck.
Also, I updated instrack.sce.net with latest information.

I140
RD: April 11 2002
AD: Jan 02 2003

I485, EAD and AP:
RD: Sept 18 2002
EAD and AP approved on Oct. 10 2002.

-Aptu

I140 APPROVED!!

It has been a 8 month long wait and your messages and postings eased some of the pain. Thanks everybody for your support - this truly is a good community. Happy New Year to you all and good luck.
Also, I updated instrack.sce.net with latest information.

I140
RD: April 11 2002
AD: Jan 02 2003

I485, EAD and AP:
RD: Sept 18 2002
EAD and AP approved on Oct. 10 2002.

-Aptu

Congrats!!!

Conpratulations! aptu!

It is a good sign of year 2003 for you.
I am really happy to see anybody gets approval, it tells us that INS is still working.

I-140: (EB1 OR)
ND: 4/4/02
AD: ???

I-485/765/131
RD: 9/12/02
ND: 9/22/02
AD: ??????

I-765:
AD: 11/19/02
I-131:
AD: 11/20/02
FP:10/17/02

THIS IS FROM THE NEWS FLASH:

Approvals of Adjustment of Status and Naturalization Applications Proceeding: INS

INS Headquarters has advised that the problems with the FBI checks have been resolved, and that approvals of adjustment of status and naturalization applications are proceeding.

:) :p