Only for Concurrent fillers

Re: which one should be first, FP or EAD?

Don't worry about FP, at all. It doesn't matter when do you get FP before or after your EAD/AP. FP results are required for I-485 approval only. FP used to be sent only at the end of process, just before approval of AOS. Now a days INS is doing it much earlier.

Enjoy your EAD and send FP results when you get one. Thats about it.

Originally posted by MM110
Hi all,

Cheekoo seems to get Finger Print notification before your EAD approved? I got my EAD card, but haven't got any finger print notification. Which one should be first? Any idea, any body?

:confused:

Re: what a timing!

I-140
RD: 06/27/02
AP: pending

Concurent filing 485/131/765(EB-3):
RD (for all) :10/08/02
ND: 10/15/02
FP: haven't received any yet.
EAD:
AD: 11/25/02)
I-131: pending
I-485: pending

Re: what a timing!

MM110:

Is the company laying you off ready to renew your H1 for the 2-3 months that you will stay there? Do you have a new job, and if so is that company willing to do your H1 3 months before you can start working there? Consider these factors before renewing your H1, and as long as the H1 dates overlap, you should be fine. I did not renew my 7th year H1, started using my EAD.

YOU get the finger print notice too, so you don't have to rely on the lawyer for that. Also, if you have your EAD receipt number, you can check the status of your case online, and the status should say if a FP notice has been sent to you.

Originally posted by MM110

My concern:
- I read "deeone" message about extending H1 even though already get EAD. Is that necessary for my case? If so, which company should I apply extension H1 based on? new company or current company? ( deeone, do you end up apply yourself one ? )
- On the EAD card, there is a finger print section and there is no finger print available since I haven't had any appointment. Is that valid? I can't get any information from my current company lawyer, it's a painful process. I am suspicious that the INS might send the finger print notification to my lawyer instead of me because I never got any notice letter or anything unless got a copy from my lawyer, is that possible?
- Does the >180 days to make 485 portable is based on mailing date or notice date of the I-485 application?
- Should I hire a new lawyer? I am worried, because there is so much of my current laywer's assumption such as: my I-140 will be approved or my I-485 will be approved without any interview

Thanks all for your attention. [/B]

Hi, Anyone know the difference between

Employment Authorization (C)(8), Employment Authorization (C)(9), and Employment Authorization (Other)?

Which of these applies to the EAD that everyone talks about on these boards.

Also when does one get an EAC #, is it at ND or RD.

Thanks

Basic Question about Concurrent Filling

Hi Guru's,
I have my LC cleared last week from Philly and I am planing to go for Concurrent Filling of I-140 and I-485.

My questions is: I am sorry for asking this, but it is still not clear to me what Concurrent Filling means ? Does it means that we can apply the AOS once after getting the receipt of I140 or something else ? :confused:

And do I need to really wait for I-140 receipt from INS for Filling for I-485 or can I file all at once i.e., I-140/I485/AP/EAD.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance
Needhelp1

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Basic Question about Concurrent Filling

needhelp1

My questions is:
1. Does it means that we can apply the AOS once after getting the receipt of I140 or something else ? :

2. And do I need to really wait for I-140 receipt from INS for Filling for I-485 or can I file all at once i.e., I-140/I485/AP/EAD.

No Need to Apologise.

The anwer to your two Qyestions is simple:
Concurrent filing is when you file for I-140 (Immignrant Application) together with I-485 (AOS).

You dont have to wait for I-140 receipt.

You file ALL (I-140/I485/AP/EAD) in one Packet.

What Happens Later:

Based on consensus opinion (INS rules are not clear though), INS will take a look at your I-140 (preliminary screening) and decide if you qualify based on your LC and other aspects.

1. If your papers are in order and everything point to a valid case, they will issue you a AP/EAD.

2. Otherwise they will send an RFE (request for Further Evidence) to clarify some issues they may find in your application.

3. Or they may outright reject you application if you found to have no case.

After you submit you I-140/I485/AP/EAD packet....you lawyer will get I-140 receipt and you will get receipts (saparate for each of I-485/AP/EAD, totallly three) and may also receive an appointment for Finger printing (FP). You may receive receipts NOT all on one day...

The time INS takes is very irregular (just follow the posts here, you will be able to guess when you can expect when you receive communications from INS.

:p

My current company will not apply for the extension of my H1 which is due next Jan 03. Instead, they applied for me EAD card since the company lawyer said that I might be able to get my green card within one year (from my filing date which is the end of Sept this year). If I found a new job to replace my job, should I request that new company to apply for me H1 extension or just renew my EAD? I read from website that I need to renew EAD six months prior to expiration date.
Does anybody know what is the chance of getting I-485 rejected? What should I do in order to keep my status? Having H-1 visa or EAD?

Is their any website.....

Thanks peace0901.

I talked to my lawyer but he tells me that he is going to apply I1485 only after getting the receipt of I140 from INS. I was going through the thread and I found that people who have applied for I140 have got their receipts after 3 to 4 weeks and rightnow even a day counts for me.

I don't know how to convince him or is their any website where it will say that we can apply I140/I485/EAD/AP at the same time.

Pease help.

Thanks in advance,
Needhelp1

EAD(765 case approved)

Details(Concurrent filing):

140:
ND 09/20/02
AD ????????

765:
ND 09/09/02
AD 11/26/02
Card Recieved: Not yet

131:
ND 09/09/02
AD ?????

485:
ND 09/20/02
FP 11/09/02
AD Very Soon

Just do it.

Congratulations!!! sgw .

needhelp1,
Lawyer probably know all about concurrent filing that one can do I-140 and I-485 and EAD/AP together. And I don't think he/she needs a written article to prove that. By the way, you can find that info on every other immigration site on net.

Is your employer paying your GC expenses?. There could two reasons for your company advising your lawyer not to do it concurrently. 1) For the fear of losing all other INS fee and Lawyer fee, if I-140 is rejected - In your case it may not be true as they are saying that they will apply once ur I-140 reciept is issued but not for approval. 2) For the fear of losing hold on you earlier (as your 180 days count starts much earlier).

Discuss w/ them and do it !!. You don't want to apply only I-140 and wait forever.

I, my-self, am getting ready for concurrent filing. Mine is approved(as you might have noticed from Phiily DOL) on Nov 13th. Actually supposed to file this week, but my lawyer is off for the whole thanks giving week.

Good Luck.

Applied for I-140 Labor substitution (VSC)
------------------------------------------------------
RD : 03/28/2002
ND : 03/29/2002
No approval / denial yet.

Applied for I-485/EAD (Concurrent filing) (VSC)
------------------------------------------------------------
RD : 08/28/2002
ND : 09/18/2002
FP : 11/01/2002 (Finger Printed)
No approval / denial for EAD / I-140 yet...

I see that people who applied later than me for I-140 (concurrent filing, Labor substitution) received their approval for I-140 and also their EAD. Don't know when it will happen for me

Thank Sanga.

I have talked to my lawyer today morning and convinced him to do file all at once as I am paying for my GC.

Needhelp1.

Concurrent Filing

Hi Guys.

Got I140 Approved.

EB1
ND: March 12
AD: Nov. 23

I485

PD: Oct. 15
ND: Oct. 17
FP: Dec. 4th
EAD: Nov. 26th
Adv. Parole : Nov. 26th

Final AP:????

See u in 485 and good luck to everyone.

Congrats

Congratulations! Rocket!

Hope mine is coming, too.

EB1
I-140:
ND: 4/4/02
AD:???

I-485:
ND: 9/22/02
AD:?
EAD:
ND:9/22/02
AD: 11/19/02
AP:
ND:9/22/02
AD: 11/20/02

AP (130) approved..........

Got approval for AP(131) after 5 days of EAD approval

Details(Concurrent filing 140/765/131/485):

140:
ND 09/20/02
AD ????????

765:
ND 09/09/02
AD 11/26/02
Card Recieved: 12/02/02

131:
ND 09/09/02
AD 12/02/02

485:
ND 09/20/02
FP 11/09/02
AD Very Soon :confused:

I concurrently filed I140/I485/I765/I131 together on 09/12.

Today I check it online. I got RFE on my I140. I wonder if anyone got a RFE. Can someone provide some info on that?

Thanks.

Re: Thank Sanga.

needhelp1 and Sanga...

Good to see you all here....I mailed both 140/485(toghether) on 11/27 and its delivered in INS mail room on 11/29....
I spoke to lawyer and he told me its just matter of days before they issue RD for 1-140 and either way not going to screw up yours Process..Looks like your Lawyer is Conservative and wants to be safer......
Anyway good luck...Keep posing your RD and EAD as u get them here

Originally posted by needhelp1
I have talked to my lawyer today morning and convinced him to do file all at once as I am paying for my GC.

Needhelp1.

Re: Re: Thank Sanga.

I have joined this forum probably a little early.. I am still in Phily DOL stage but wanted to get more info on I-140 etc.

Good to see lot's folks here from Phily DOL thread. Needhelp1/Sanga, let's prepare a spreadsheet with status on I-140 /485 cases so that its easier for anyone to follow the vermont center processing dates.

Cheers !

Anindya_72

Originally posted by dependent
needhelp1 and Sanga...

Good to see you all here....I mailed both 140/485(toghether) on 11/27 and its delivered in INS mail room on 11/29....
I spoke to lawyer and he told me its just matter of days before they issue RD for 1-140 and either way not going to screw up yours Process..Looks like your Lawyer is Conservative and wants to be safer......
Anyway good luck...Keep posing your RD and EAD as u get them here

Re: Just do it.

Sanga,
My RD in Phil DOL is Sep 13th which is, I hope, comming soon to be cleared LC. I just want to be preapraed for Concurent filing without wasting any time, as you knew that we all had already wait a long to get at this point. Could you please list all the things(Paper work) that Lawyer needs from us to file I40/485. So I can have them with me and give it to my Lawyer right away. Also what kind of information Lawyer needs from Employer? So I can ask to HR to get that information handy.

Thanks

Originally posted by Sanga
Congratulations!!! sgw .

needhelp1,
Lawyer probably know all about concurrent filing that one can do I-140 and I-485 and EAD/AP together. And I don't think he/she needs a written article to prove that. By the way, you can find that info on every other immigration site on net.

Is your employer paying your GC expenses?. There could two reasons for your company advising your lawyer not to do it concurrently. 1) For the fear of losing all other INS fee and Lawyer fee, if I-140 is rejected - In your case it may not be true as they are saying that they will apply once ur I-140 reciept is issued but not for approval. 2) For the fear of losing hold on you earlier (as your 180 days count starts much earlier).

Discuss w/ them and do it !!. You don't want to apply only I-140 and wait forever.

I, my-self, am getting ready for concurrent filing. Mine is approved(as you might have noticed from Phiily DOL) on Nov 13th. Actually supposed to file this week, but my lawyer is off for the whole thanks giving week.

Good Luck.

Re: Re: Just do it.

Documents Required for Permanent Residence Application
needed
These are few Basics beside depending on your lawyer

• FOR YOU
    I-94 Card
  • Passport
  • 3 (three) Photo
  • Birth Certificate/Household Record
  • Marriage Certificate (with English Translation).
  • Job Offer Letter
  • Affidavit of Support Information (IF SPOUSE IS NOT WORKING):
  • Bank Statement
  • Latest W-2 Form
    Since when you have resided in the United States (month/year)
    The reasonable value of other personal property you have besides your savings.
    The value of real estate (if any), Mortgages, and Location of the property.
  • Annual Income/Salary
  • Medical Examination Report
  • Information for G-325A
    Husband/Wife - Name, Date of Birth, Date & Place of Marriage
    Former Husband/Wife - Same information
    Applicant’s last address outside of the US of more than one year
  • Applicant’s address & employment for last five years
Originally posted by kalse_2000
Sanga,
My RD in Phil DOL is Sep 13th which is, I hope, comming soon to be cleared LC. I just want to be preapraed for Concurent filing without wasting any time, as you knew that we all had already wait a long to get at this point. Could you please list all the things(Paper work) that Lawyer needs from us to file I40/485. So I can have them with me and give it to my Lawyer right away. Also what kind of information Lawyer needs from Employer? So I can ask to HR to get that information handy.

Thanks