Only for Concurrent fillers

Hi guys, I have questions about I485 receipt because I've never seen one before.

My spouse and I have filed 485, concurrent filing with I140 receipt. Will we get two I485 receipts, one for each person? Are they different? Could you tell who is the dependent from the I485 receipt? Thanks,

x admin

x admin

Yes , we will get 2 receipts. Coz, you applied 2 forms and paid fee also. I have filled myself and my wife , we got it 2 receipts and 2 EAD reciepts also.
Better to ask your Lawyer abt ur receipts.

Hi india-usa,

Thanks. It's very hard to get contact with our para-legal (we have never had chance talking to lawyers), and she is not helpful at all. Could you please tell me if you could tell from the receipts who is dependent or not? Thanks,

x admin

x admin

Nothing mention on the receipt. But If you get recipts, it will mention names on the receipts. Better ask ur lawyer to do fax that receipts. Then you will know everything what is RD and ND.

Note: If you don't have fax number, You can take free fax numbers. www.efax.com or www.callwave.com

Any bosy got approval for EAD/AP for current filling in September.
It has been two months, I have not heard anything.

to wang1

I had filed for EAD/AP early Sept (3rd) and received approval notices mid October. A few others on this board applied and received approvals with the same time line too. Did you atleast get the receipts?

Originally posted by wang1
Any bosy got approval for EAD/AP for current filling in September.
It has been two months, I have not heard anything.

APPROVED! :)

Just checked the INS online web page. Was pleasantly surprised to see an approval for my I-140 case. :)
----------
This case has been approved. On November 21, 2002, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address.
----------

Here is my timeline....

My details (EB2 - Masters) :
I-140:
MD - 5/20
RD - 5/22
ND - 5/23
AD - 11/21

I765/131:
MD - 8/30
RD - 9/5
ND - 9/18
AD - 10/8

I485:
MD - 8/30
RD - 9/5
ND - 9/18
FP - 10/11
FP results - 10/15

Congratulations.

I filed I14-/I485/EAD/AP altogether on september 12. I got receipt for all of them with notice date 09/23. But I have not heard anything since then. Should I call them ?

Congrats deeone!

Congratulations my friend! I just saw a couple of I-140 approvals including yours. Looks like VSC is on the roll now. These approvals are Mar/Apr/May so looks like they started clearing these out and following the I-140 within 180 days rule again. Your's is live example....isn't it!

Goodluck to all of us who are waiting for I-140 and who are
looking forward for I-1485. Go VSC!!!!

Thanks all... good luck to you too

Thanks all, and you are right PT_Jun01, my I-140 was cleared in 179 days. Could be just a coincidence, but I guess we should all be glad to know that they have started to move again before the holidays.

Good Luck!

Filing 485 for dependents

Hi Friends,
Is there any requirement to file 485 for the dependents at the same time as the principal applicant?

Thanks in advance for you reply

Just checked online and my EAD is approved but I've yet to receive them.

Here is my updated status:

I-140:
ND: 6/20
AP: waiting

I-485:
ND: 11/2
Waiting

I-131: (AP)
ND:11/2
Waiting

I-765: (EAD)
ND:11/2
AP: 11/22
Still waiting for hte actual card

765 Approved Card Recieved

Details:

140:
ND 06/04/02
AD Up in the air

765:
ND 10/11/02
AD 11/20/02
Card Recieved: 11/25/02

131:
ND 10/11/02
AD 11/25/02
Card Recieved: Not Yet

485:
ND 10/11/02
FP 12/03/02
AD Soon

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the difference between Notice Date and Receipt date?

when do the checks get cashed, before receipt date or after receipt date?

Thanks

PushingTheLimit,
Recipt date(referredas RD on this forum) is date when your application was recived by INS

Notice date (referredas ND on this forum)is date when your application was entered in INS System.

Your checks will be cashed 1-3 weeks after Notice date( i dont know if this is the case for every 485 filler, but in my case the checks were cashed 10-12 days after notice date.)

hope this answers your question.

--srraja

what a timing!

H1( valid for 3 years one)- expired : 01/31/03
I-140
MD: 06/19/02
ND: 06/21/02
AP: pending

Concurent filing 485/131/765(EB-3):
MD (for all) :09/28/02
ND: not available
FP: haven't received any yet.
EAD: card received on 11/25/02 (valid from 11/20/02-11/19/03)
I-131: pending
I-485: pending

I just received my EAD card. My employment in my current company will end in 04/01/03(termination date - lay-off). My company lawyer said that my I-485 should be portable at that time. So, I may change job at that time since my filing of I-485 has been more than 180, assuming that my I-140 will be approved by the end of this year.

My concern:
- I read "deeone" message about extending H1 even though already get EAD. Is that necessary for my case? If so, which company should I apply extension H1 based on? new company or current company? ( deeone, do you end up apply yourself one ? )
- On the EAD card, there is a finger print section and there is no finger print available since I haven't had any appointment. Is that valid? I can't get any information from my current company lawyer, it's a painful process. I am suspicious that the INS might send the finger print notification to my lawyer instead of me because I never got any notice letter or anything unless got a copy from my lawyer, is that possible?
- Does the >180 days to make 485 portable is based on mailing date or notice date of the I-485 application?
- Should I hire a new lawyer? I am worried, because there is so much of my current laywer's assumption such as: my I-140 will be approved or my I-485 will be approved without any interview

Thanks all for your attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
which one should be first, FP or EAD?

Hi all,

Cheekoo seems to get Finger Print notification before your EAD approved? I got my EAD card, but haven't got any finger print notification. Which one should be first? Any idea, any body?

:confused: