Officially a naturalized U.S. Citizen!

Congratulations Mesbahul!!!

Would you please give us your timeline for citizenship application and tell us about your experience. I will be applying end of this Month of May 2013

Nice. Congrats.

When was your interview date? When did you get citizenship certificate? You applied for passport the same day you received the citizenship certificate? How long it took?

I have interview next week. share something pls

When was your interview date? When did you get citizenship certificate? You applied for passport the same day you received the citizenship certificate? How long it took?

I have interview next week. share something pls

Replied to your private message.

Congratulations Mesbahul!!!

Would you please give us your timeline for citizenship application and tell us about your experience. I will be applying end of this Month of May 2013

I applied in the middle of December. Did my biometrics in January. My interview was in 4/23. During the interview, we just went through the N-400 application question by question. Since I never traveled outside of the U.S., no questions were asked about travels. After the application, we did the civic test. You need to get six right out of ten. After that they make you read an English question. After that the interviewer will give you the answer to the question which you have to write down. My application was not approved right away because I was arrested by ICE officers and needed supervisor approval. If you are arrested by any law enforcement, you will need supervisor approval. Supervisor approval was done in two days, got the oath letter in the mail on 5/4 and had my oath on 5/9. This was in NYC.

thank you for the update. I have never left the USA since i got my GC, am not married and have never been arrested and i have one child who is a US citizen. am hoping mine won't be complicated at all. The only thing i have to do is name change and i hear that makes the oathing ceremony take a while because it has to be a judicial oath. am based in florida. looking foward to sending my application next week!!!