• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October VB Released DV2015

Thanks @Britsimon and @SusieQQQ for your answer.
Susie asked me last time if there is a national number that can prove that both is the same person which we don't have so, I just wanted to raise the same question again after stating this fact.

So, do you guys advise that we present both birth certificates at the same time? Or shall we present the hand written one first and then submit the computerized version if they ask for it? We have gotten all documents in order but this is just the one that is keeping us nervous :(

Relax. Take both, present one and if questioned, produce the other. If they are not in English you may need them translated by the way.

Relax. Take both, present one and if questioned, produce the other. If they are not in English you may need them translated by the way.
Thank you Simon,
You're right! They both are in Arabic but we have gotten a certified translation for each.

Thanks for putting my mind into peace :)

Now we'll just wait for the 2NL though judging by how October interview scheduling went, I have my doubt that I'll be scheduled for a November interview because I submitted our DS-260 6 weeks ago which might be a bit too late for KCC to process them in time for a November interview, unless they have magically cleared up lots of the forms they have to process! I'll just have to wait and see!

Thanks a lot man :) I appreciate your help.

Thank you Simon,
You're right! They both are in Arabic but we have gotten a certified translation for each.

Now we'll just wait for the 2NL though judging by how October interview scheduling went, I have my doubt that I'll be scheduled for a November interview because I submitted our DS-260 6 weeks ago which might be a bit too late for KCC to process them in time for a November interview, unless they have magically cleared up lots of the forms they have to process! I'll just have to wait and see!

Let us know when you get your 2NL!

Thank you Simon,

Hi Sammy,

Just in case you may be looking for fast a quick translation (turnaround is less than 24h including the weekend) https://www.rev.com/translation/certified, I used them for all my translations and they provide certified translation for the US Immigration. Good luck

Thanks,

Hi Sammy,

Just in case you may be looking for fast a quick translation (turnaround is less than 24h including the weekend) https://www.rev.com/translation/certified, I used them for all my translations and they provide certified translation for the US Immigration. Good luck

Thanks,
Thanks Wissamo,

I've gotten all my documents translated already but I'll keep the link just in case I needed anything else translated.

Thanks,

Hi everyone!
First of all, thanks alot for this forum. It's such a valuable initiative.
My question is regarding my case number (AF43XXX). Has this dv lottery program ever ended before reaching this case number? Also, do you believe it's a high CN?
Once again, it's such a great initiative, guys.
I look forward to receiving your feedback,
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone!
First of all, thanks alot for this forum. It's such a valuable initiative.
My question is regarding my case number (AF43XXX). Has this dv lottery program ever ended before reaching this case number? Also, do you believe it's a high CN?
Once again, it's such a great initiative, guys.
I look forward to receiving your feedback,
Thanks in advance.

It doesn't matter if it has "ever" done something - each year is different. However, no your number is not high UNLESS you are from Ethiopia or Egypt.

do you see some positive signals ?

No, it is way too early to take some positive signals. The reasoning behind the small increase in target over 2014 (40150) is the additional allocation to EU region from the Nigeria exclusion. However, that is only a theory - and we are dealing with an unpredictable situation, so all you can do is watch. Your number will not be current before August/September, so you have a long time to wait....

It doesn't matter if it has "ever" done something - each year is different. However, no your number is not high UNLESS you are from Ethiopia or Egypt.
Thanks very much, Britsimon.
One more question, please. Which month would you expect the interview to take place?
PS: my case number is AF43XXX---neither Egypt nor Ethiopia.

If i wanted to have an interview in Late Feb/ Early March, when should i be submitting my DS260?

I am 2015 AS 4XXX

I think my number will go current in Jan or something

If i wanted to have an interview in Late Feb/ Early March, when should i be submitting my DS260?

I am 2015 AS 4XXX

I think my number will go current in Jan or something

Hard to get that precise.

At the beginning of the year, they have the majority of DS260s to go through, so up until now, those forms seem to be taking around 8 to 10 weeks to get through the system. However that number may come down once the initial backlog has been cleared. So, you could add 6 weeks for that as a guess.

Then you have to factor in the time before interview, they normally schedule about 6 to 8 weeks before interview.

However they schedule in batches, normally within a week or two after the VB is released. So if you miss that for a few days it could add a month.

All that means it is easy to delay your interview, but the delay might be more than you would like. If you can't interview earlier than mid February, submit your forms no earlier than early December. You might pick up the January scheduling (March interviews) or you might get pushed into April.