• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October VB Released DV2015

yep. 2015EU39xxx. Don't know whether that is much fun.

So ok, by your calculations and mine, you should be fine with that number. There is nothing to suggest the density will have changed for EU, and all indications are that the EU quota will be increased somewhat. Looks like you'll be around until September though. Judging by the time you are posting, I'm guessing you are already in the US. Have you decided between CP or AoS?

Hi everyone, I have a quick question, my cn is af 9*** and it got current with that new release of october, any idea how long usually it takes to get the second notification? and when should I expect an interview to be happening?
BTW I like this forum
Thanks,

Hi everyone, I have a quick question, my cn is af 9*** and it got current with that new release of october, any idea how long usually it takes to get the second notification? and when should I expect an interview to be happening?
BTW I like this forum
Thanks,

Assuming you submitted your DS-260 form early enough for KCC to have finished processing it before the VB came out, you should expect to be interviewed in November and your 2NL should be sent anytime from next week.

Assuming you submitted your DS-260 form early enough for KCC to have finished processing it before the VB came out, you should expect to be interviewed in November and your 2NL should be sent anytime from next week.
Thanks Sm1smom,
I did submit my DS-260 May 20, 20014.

But the interview date can be earlier then November I mean October for instance?

They like to give the selectee time to arrange medicals, apply for police reports and so on - so generally they leave at least 6 weeks between 2NL and the interview....

Ok, I'm current for November (it feels great to be current btw :) ) and now I have just to sit back and wait for the 2NL.
Now I have a bit of a dilemma that I hope you guys can help me sort out.

My wife (the derivative) has a hand written birth certificate which was used at the time of birth in Egypt. Now there is a computerized version that is being used so, I managed to get her a computerized version. However, two issues arose:
1. The issuing authority made a mistake in the computerized version with her mother's last name which was misspelled. Do we need to worry about that?
2. The hand written birth certificate shows the name in columns as "First name, father's name, and surname" which matches her passport and all other documents. However, the computerized version shows only the first name, say Sally, underneath which shows the father's full name which consists of four names, say John Chris David Adams (Note: this is the birth certificat format in Egypt) which does not match my wife's passport and other documents in which her name appears as, say, Sally John Chris David (with no Adams). Would this be an issue?

The hand written birth certificate does not have such problems and I just thought I'd get the computerized version because it might be more reliable.

What do you advise guys?

Britsimon, sm1smom, and SusieQQQ, your input here is highly valuable :)

P.S. 1. My wife is not an Egyptian citizen.
2. Both the handwritten and comuperized birth certificates refer to the same record number and date under which the birth was recorded.
3. Our interview will be in Kuala Lumpur where we currently live.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm current for November (it feels great to be current btw :) ) and now I have just to sit back and wait for the 2NL.

My wife (the derivative) has a hand written birth certificate which was used at the time of birth in Egypt. Now there is a computerized version that is being used so, I managed to get her a computerized version. However, two issues arose:
1. The issuing authority made a mistake in the computerized version with her mother's last name which was misspelled. Do we need to worry about that?
2. The hand written birth certificate shows the name in columns as "First name, father's name, and surname" which matches her passport and all other documents. However, the computerized version shows only the first name, say Sally, underneath which shows the father's full name which consists of four names, say John Chris David Adams (Note: this is the birth certificat format in Egypt) which does not match my wife's passport and other documents in which her name appears as, say, Sally John Chris David (with no Adams). Would this be an issue?

The hand written birth certificate does not have such problems and I just thought I'd get the computerized version because it might be more reliable.

What do you advise guys?

2. Both the handwritten and comuperized birth certificates refer to the same record number and date under which the birth was recorded.

Neither is an issue - take both to the interview.

What do you advise guys?

Didn't we answer this before? If not, a very similar one. I would advise taking both to enable them to clear up any possible discrepancies.

Didn't we answer this before? If not, a very similar one. I would advise taking both to enable them to clear up any possible discrepancies.

Yup just saw that. He is checking if things have changed since you answered him less than 2 weeks ago....

Yup just saw that. He is checking if things have changed since you answered him less than 2 weeks ago....
Thanks @Britsimon and @SusieQQQ for your answer.
Susie asked me last time if there is a national number that can prove that both is the same person which we don't have so, I just wanted to raise the same question again after stating this fact.

So, do you guys advise that we present both birth certificates at the same time? Or shall we present the hand written one first and then submit the computerized version if they ask for it? We have gotten all documents in order but this is just the one that is keeping us nervous :(