October 2011 Filers

Well folks, the EAD finally has come through. So too the travel document. Will be watching out for them in the mail.

I received the notice on them yesterday evening when I was filling out a job application. Praise the Lord! He is good always!

Congrats and good luck with the jobs applications.

Well folks, the EAD finally has come through. So too the travel document. Will be watching out for them in the mail.

I received the notice on them yesterday evening when I was filling out a job application. Praise the Lord! He is good always!

@ mahkceb88,

I told you... that you will hear something within this week.. Congratulations on your EAD and graduation....Good luck in your job search. Hope IL will follow soon.

I think I will wait until next Tuesday. If I haven't got any thing, I will send the requst.

hey sweet1031,

You will definitely hear something before the end of next week, and will get it in the mail by the week of that 15th . Don't send any request. Its gonna be a waste of time..... Don't be too anxious. Calm down...

Good news folks,

I got an email a few minutes ago: The case status on my I485 changed to "Testing and Interview" and an appointment notice was mailed today November 30, 2011 for an interview on January 4, 2012!

It's kinda weird that the location of the interview is at "NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER", I'll wait to see what the actual interview letter says, which I expect to be in a local field office.

I hope everyone else gets their IL soon.

Congratulations.... Hope your EAD comes thru soon.

hey sweet1031,

You will definitely hear something before the end of next week, and will get it in the mail by the week of that 15th . Don't send any request. Its gonna be a waste of time..... Don't be too anxious. Calm down...

Ok. I will just wait.......Thanks!!

Thanks for sharing the info

Thanks for passing along the contents of your conversation with USCIS. It's strangely comforting to know that statuses aren't being updated for mundane reasons (budgeting) instead of, well, whatever I was imagining before.

Does that March timeframe for 485 decision sound right for the Virginia office?

...something to do with Congress not funding USCIS enough, so because of that, these technical issues aren't being handled because their budget is limited etc (imagine, she is telling me all this)

IMO, you should request the expedited EAD decision

I think you should go ahead and request the expedited EAD decision. When it comes to USCIS, you can't make any guarantees about response timelines.

Also, it doesn't seem like there's a downside to requesting an expedited decision and the potential upside (getting your EAD faster) is huge. It should only take a few minutes to send USCIS what they want, no?

Regardless, hope you hear back soon. :D

Ok. I will just wait.......Thanks!!

hey sweet1031,

How do YOU know that she will definitely hear something before the end of next week and that she'll get something in the mail by the 15th? You're telling her NOT to send her request? Really?

She has been offered a job, and if the USCIS officer encourages her to apply for expedited processing on that document then she SHOULD do it. She has nothing to lose really. If they send out her EAD in that time (between her sending, them receiving and reviewing expedited request), GREAT but if they don't send it out, then maybe her request would be a helpful impetus to her situation.

You're basing how the USCIS responds on what you have observed with prolly a couple hundred ppl on this forum and/or others. MAYBE, it will work out that you're right and she does get an answer and her card from them in the frame you suggested BUT you cannot say with SURETY how the USCIS processes EVERY case including sweet1031's. This was the same way you were when we discussed Washington Field Office's case load. It was almost a fight with you INSISTING that you'll have to research that it takes that long when I said it takes between 6-9 months (refer to posts around early November in this thread). You can research the processing times based on OTHER ppl as much as you want Lahzy, that does not guarantee that everyone's case will go the same way, in the same time frame. Surely you can grasp that, no?

@sweet1031 This is up to YOU. If you want to take the USCIS's rep advice after Tuesday I say go for it. This is your life and your job offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for passing along the contents of your conversation with USCIS. It's strangely comforting to know that statuses aren't being updated for mundane reasons (budgeting) instead of, well, whatever I was imagining before.

Does that March timeframe for 485 decision sound right for the Virginia office?

The USCIS' website shows that processing times for the Washington Field Office takes about 11 months. BUT based on what I've seen from other people who filed for 485 on this forum, it took them about 6-8 months with 6 months being the shortest. So I'm thinking that her estimate of a decision in March would be great. I'd settle for April or May though. Right now, I just want my EAD to work. The GC I'm confident will come through in due time, I just need to stay busy (and earn money) in the meantime.

How do YOU know that she will definitely hear something before the end of next week and that she'll get something in the mail by the 15th? You're telling her NOT to send her request? Really?

@ MarineWife,

I'm really not sure if you are picking on me. Everyone have got right to his/her opinion, and that was mine. This is not rocket science....its simple statistics. EAD cases (category c9) aint like I-485, they are processed as they are recieved, and we all submitted to the same office. If her application was submitted a week after someone who got his/her reply this week, then there is high possibility that she will definitely hear something a week after. Trust me, USCIS would not process a case of expedited EAD for the reason that she has job offer with a deadline (Do you think they give a sh*t). If she want to send in the request, I'm not stoping her. Be aware that the officer she spoke to wasnt going to tell her not to send in the request. She might not be able to tell the conditions expedited EAD requests are approved. That might not be part of her job. I only pointed out my opinion like you did. And I dont see any reason for picking on me, if your opinion contradicts mine.

About the Washington Field issue, you should have known that for every official procesing time inquiry at any organization, they will never tell you the average time (pratical time), they will tell you the worse case time (maximum time), because they cant initially tell which case will experience delay as a result of a problem/issue with the case. Therefore, if you ask USCIS officials the processing time, they will keep telling you the processing time on the website, which is surely more than the pratical time. I have learnt that an effective estimating technique is to use the data from recently past similar projects. Also, you guys should take it cool, and control your anxiety. USCIS could intepret your anxiousness to a red flag.

Since Sweet1031 is sure that her EAD case doesnt have any issue which could cause delay, I'm sure she will get her approval pretty soon. This is my opinion, and dont care if MarineHusband or anyone else disagree with me... Period.

Uscis online case status- down

The online case status at USCIS web site is down till Mon Dec 5th. Due to maintainence. LOL LOL, Only sites that work well should go through maintainence issues.USCIS online status site works only once in a while. LOL What Maintainence? Just One more excuse.

@ MarineWife

Exactly! you need a break... I guess you are too less busy, and have too much time to misintepret and make negative meaning out of people's opinion especially when they oppose yours. I truly hope your EAD comes fast so you can get your idle hands on something.

I have come to this website to learn and afterwards, assist future filers with watever I have learnt. So I'm assuring you that I will be among those that will congratulate you when you are done with the nervewrecking process.

However, I know for a fact that sweet1031 isn't a minor, and can make her final decision....after all said and done. But I'm sure there are better ways than being rude, of showing concerns about other's suggestions/opinion especially when you have little general knowledge about the subject being discussed.

True

@ MarineWife

Exactly! you need a break... I guess you are too less busy, and have too much time to misintepret and make negative meaning out of people's opinion especially when they oppose yours. I truly hope your EAD comes fast so you can get your idle hands on something.

I have come to this website to learn and afterwards, assist future filers with watever I have learnt. So I'm assuring you that I will be among those that will congratulate you when you are done with the nervewrecking process.

However, I know for a fact that sweet1031 isn't a minor, and can make her final decision....after all said and done. But I'm sure there are better ways than being rude, of showing concerns about other's suggestions/opinion especially when you have little general knowledge about the subject being discussed.

I agree!

@sweet15 and whoever else may be interested, if you need me plz feel free to send me a private message. I will no longer be posting in this thread but will check the site occasionally. I will update you privately of my progress as I get news. I did not come here to "sin" my soul and my low tolerance for nonsense is starting to show in a not-very-nice way so to save everyone, including myself, the trouble and discomfort, I will do you all the honor of ceasing my participation.

I wish everyone the best of luck in their process and hope that you all are successful in the journey. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Take care.

@sweet15 and whoever else may be interested, if you need me plz feel free to send me a private message. I will no longer be posting in this thread but will check the site occasionally. I will update you privately of my progress as I get news. I did not come here to "sin" my soul and my low tolerance for nonsense is starting to show in a not-very-nice way so to save everyone, including myself, the trouble and discomfort, I will do you all the honor of ceasing my participation.

I wish everyone the best of luck in their process and hope that you all are successful in the journey. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Take care.

Don't let anyone run you off this forum. We are here for one thing only. To share in our experiences as we travel this journey together. That's it. Nothing more. Too much PMS going around. People attacking people for no reason. At the end of the day we all want one thing. Our GC. Let's all try to be civil and continue this journey together.You will be missed as I enjoy reading your posts. We all value your input in this thread.

Hoping marinewife doesn't leave the thread

Marinewife, hope you don't leave the thread, but internet conflicts are definitely not worth your time and attention.

Lazhy- I appreciate your enthusiasm after getting your IL and wanting to share your perspective, but when that enthusiasm converts into anger at people who disagree, it seems pointless. I didn't read her post as an ad hominem attack, rather, I saw it as a firm disagreement of fact and interpretation of a 'black box' system that everyone here only guesses at (USCIS). Just my $0.02.

addenudm
Re-reading this thread, the only line I see that was 'rude' was one from Lazhy: "you have little general knowledge about the subject being discussed."

This is not a personal attack, but this line seems over-sensitive and out of line, given that Lazhy has previously given incorrect information in at least one thread that I have read (http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?546643-EAD-and-Parole). Unless he's a stealth immigration attorney or a secret USCIS agent, he, like the rest of us, has limited, applicant-side knowledge of USCIS process.

More to the point, everything he wrote about USCIS policy and procedure is pure speculation (e.g., 'USCIS would not process a case of expedited EAD for the reason that she has job offer with a deadline,' 'the officer she spoke to wasnt going to tell her not to send in the request (yay, double negatives)... She might not be able to tell the conditions expedited EAD requests are approved. That might not be part of her job.') emphasis mine. Unless he filched an employee manual, an org chart, process flows and has intimate knowledge of pay grades in USCIS, this is all pure speculation based on extremely limited data.

Speaking of 'averages' when it comes to processing times, as my statistics professor in grad school once told me, 'the average person in the U.S. has one breast and one testicle, but you're probably not going to meet that person.'

Etiquette

I think marinewife started the heat. She could have stated her point in a polite way. The tone on her message seemed as if she was attaching Lazhy.