October 2011 Filers

My last up dates says 11/24/2011. I thought Thanksgiving was a holiday? How much can we count on the Updates?
Any one who sent RFE got updates ?

Besides my update on Oct 28th letting my know they received my RFE and that it is in initial review, have not heard anything since

@ mahkceb88,

If you can see your case online, you should register on the website as an Applicant Customer. After then you can add your cases to your profile using your case numbers. After adding your cases, then check the boxes saying "receive email updates about your case" and "receive text message updates about your case". After you have done this, you will receive text messages and emails about any changes made to your cases.

If you depend on checking the blue circle stuff, you will only know what phase your case is. You would not know any internal update about your cases. Hope this will help...

Yes that is what I am signed up for. Sigh, guess I just carry on waiting then....

Regarding Update

I registered my case and when i signed in to my account for my I130, I485 and EAD. It says last update-11/24/2011 for I 130 and 485.
EAD -it says last update 10/17/2011.
I recieved the letter stating that my case is transferd to CSC and that servise center will notify me.
On the regular USCIS web page ,with out loging in, when i check my case status it says- Your case is transferd and is beeing processed-

Any feed back on this situation Pls.
Any one has any updates like this?

Congrats on the offer

Congrats on the offer. Hope the EAD isn't stressing you too much- hope you hear good news soon on that front.

I am waiting for my EAD, too.:( I already got the offer and the new company is waiting for me EAD. I just can say "God!!! Please give me my EAD card now....plz plz plz........"

No news on my end. My case still doesn't show up and nothing in the mail from USCIS. I called them yesterday to check on case (again). They were helpful (the second level customer service rep went into the details about why the cases are not showing up...something to do with Congress not funding USCIS enough, so because of that, these technical issues aren't being handled because their budget is limited etc (imagine, she is telling me all this)...She encouraged me to call back any day, at their hours to inquire about my case if I want but she said nothing has been mailed out to me yet and that's all she can see. She also told me that based on processing time, I prolly won't get a decision on my 485 until end of March and I'd prolly get news of or my EAD itself early January.

As a persistent person, I plan to call them again in 2 weeks if I don't receive anything in the mail. Not that my calling would speed anything up but at least it gives me some type of info instead of just checking the mailbox daily to find nothing from them.

No news on my end. My case still doesn't show up and nothing in the mail from USCIS. I called them yesterday to check on case (again). They were helpful (the second level customer service rep went into the details about why the cases are not showing up...something to do with Congress not funding USCIS enough, so because of that, these technical issues aren't being handled because their budget is limited etc (imagine, she is telling me all this)...She encouraged me to call back any day, at their hours to inquire about my case if I want but she said nothing has been mailed out to me yet and that's all she can see. She also told me that based on processing time, I prolly won't get a decision on my 485 until end of March and I'd prolly get news of or my EAD itself early January.

As a persistent person, I plan to call them again in 2 weeks if I don't receive anything in the mail. Not that my calling would speed anything up but at least it gives me some type of info instead of just checking the mailbox daily to find nothing from them.

Sounds kinda like the timeline I was guessing for myself as well. All we can do is don't think about it (too much) and just enjoy Christmas and before we know it, it wil be January

Expedite EAD Request?

I called USCIS today about my EAD status. The lady told me it usually takes 70 days to get the EAD. She is really nice to help me check my case and said they already received my finger print and brabrabra and everything looks great. And, she also told me not to worry about my cases even I cannot find my cases online. Then, I asked her if I can get my EAD card earlier and she asked me about the reason. I said I already got the offer and I need my EAD card. So, I can start working. Then, she gave me a fax number and asked me to write a letter and attach my offer letter;then, fax all documents to that number. She said I can send expedite request for my EAD. I am thinking should I try it? Any advice?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I called USCIS today about my EAD status. The lady told me it usually takes 70 days to get the EAD. She is really nice to help me check my case and said they already received my finger print and brabrabra and everything looks great. And, she also told me not to worry about my cases even I cannot find my cases online. Then, I asked her if I can get my EAD card earlier and she asked me about the reason. I said I already got the offer and I need my EAD card. So, I can start working. Then, she gave me a fax number and asked me to write a letter and attach my offer letter;then, fax all documents to that number. She said I can send expedite request for my EAD. I am thinking should I try it? Any advice?:confused:

Go For It. What are you waiting for? Good Luck

I just have a concern. If my request is denied, will it affect my cases?

I would suggest that you be patient.... Most EADs are approved around 60 days. you have just 1 week to that. Do not complicate your case. Just hold on, and watch out for next week.

Good luck

Interview date 1/4/2012?

Good news folks,

I got an email a few minutes ago: The case status on my I485 changed to "Testing and Interview" and an appointment notice was mailed today November 30, 2011 for an interview on January 4, 2012!

It's kinda weird that the location of the interview is at "NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER", I'll wait to see what the actual interview letter says, which I expect to be in a local field office.

I hope everyone else gets their IL soon.

Congrats!

Congrats on the fast turnaround! Hmm, they didn't send you any info on your EAD?

Good news folks,

I got an email a few minutes ago: The case status on my I485 changed to "Testing and Interview" and an appointment notice was mailed today November 30, 2011 for an interview on January 4, 2012!

It's kinda weird that the location of the interview is at "NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER", I'll wait to see what the actual interview letter says, which I expect to be in a local field office.

I hope everyone else gets their IL soon.

Well folks, the EAD finally has come through. So too the travel document. Will be watching out for them in the mail.

I received the notice on them yesterday evening when I was filling out a job application. Praise the Lord! He is good always!

@DeeZee
I am So happy for you. Hope all of Octover filers can get interview letter soon.

@mahkceb88
Congrats to you!!!! I hope I can have the same luck as you.:eek: