Oct cases pending

Re: Top

Originally posted by GCGCHUNTER
Can we figure out what's common for us?
Like:
1. 325 Triggered because of going out of US within 1 year before filing 485.
2. Birth cert issue date.
3. etc.

Maybe these sort of things are causing some additional process.

Buddy most of us havent heard anything. No RFE.

Its just totally lost files! Does anyone know if there is another freeze? :confused:

It's just slow.

I don't think there is another "freeze". It's just they are moving extremely slow. Keep your fingers crossed. We should hear something soon.

September 11, 2001 incidents caused closure of many government offices, airlines, etc for quite a few days. INS was paralysed during those days with questions from FBI, etc. This has, according to some reliable sources, caused more than 'usual' number of applications receipted into INS during October 2001.

Of course, INS remained as "efficient " as ever handing this surge of applications.

Processing November 2001 clearly shows that I-485 cases are all over the place at Vermont office.

The cause for fear is that they should not have lost a bunch of applications during this period.

Delay in Govt offices is some thing we are used to in India. We used to curse them. But we have always had ways to reach and expedite our papers.

Is there anyone from this list got approved?

I think we can only see approval only after they "touch" the case.

But before then, dream is no more than a dream.

I talked to an IIO two days ago. She said I-485 waiting time could be up to 2 years.

I am concerning whether my FP is getting expired and need a redo in the near future.

RD 10/24/01
ND 12/04/01
FP 01/31/02

That might be true

TSC notices say ... this will take about 725 to 775 days.

My friends recently got a notice that said 725 to 999 days!

They may have a 1k problem and be hiring people to increase it to about 4 digits ;)

We only live for about 25,000 days, out of which we have already spent 10 to 15,000 days. Out of the balance of 10 to 15,000 days, we can not spend a THOUSAND days for a freakin' decision.

Spoke with Attorney

I spoke with my attorney and he said that he will do 2 things (as soon as my 540 days are up, which is April 10):
1. Write a letter to the INS and ask for an explanation of whats happening with the Oct cases (apparently he has lots of Oct 2001 waiters).
2. He is going to raise this issue with the AILA so that the VSC representative in AILA can escalate the issue within the VSC.

I suggest that all of you talk to you attorneys also and have them initiate a conversation within the AILA. Hopefully this will shed some light on our situation and how ridiculous this whole processing scenario is.

Hang in there folks....there is light at the end of this tunnel (hopefully.....) :(

Add one more

My case,
RD:10/9/2001
ND:11/25/2001
My lawyer called INS, get response:
the case has been "pulled" and is in preprocessing.
Is there any one know how long should be expected?

RD-10/29/01 ND-12/04/01

RD-10/29/01
ND-12/04/01

I am the main applicant and my wife is the co-applicant. We filed everything same day same time. My case was approved on 02/13/02 and I received the GC last week. However, my wife's case is still pending with no RFE or anything. Does anyone know how long it's going to take for my wife's case to be approved?

Thanks for your insight!

Re: Whats up with our applications?

Originally posted by patienceGC
Once that is up, they cannot tell us its "normal waiting time". My lawyer is concerned too.

:D [/B]

Your lawer seems to be AH :D:D. , probably by filing cases like that of you guys...ha ha ha

Re: Re: Whats up with our applications?

Originally posted by 1amShantanuB
Your lawer seems to be AH :D:D. , probably by filing cases like that of you guys...ha ha ha

Is that the best you got??? :confused: BOOOOOOO