OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Hi People,
1. We are a family of four (1 minor and 1 adult kid). Can I send application of my adult kid in the same package? I mean one family application (me, ,my wife and my monor child) and one for my adult child?
------YES, you can with independent documents. One family application and one independent application for your adult kid
2. If yes, will I need to send two different covering letter?
------Yes, it is good to have
3.Do I need to send $20 being postage fee for family and adult child or need to send two certified checks?
-----Two separate $20 postage fees attached to each application packet

Thanks

What are the things your are considering to send in the package?

I read the "rules" when i first started the process.(they might have changed now) If i remember correctly, we need to send in the following
1)US passport
2)Printout of the Status page showing "documents received at DC"
3) Cover page
4) $20 money order IF you have not done so already.(i sent $20 when i sent my app fee, so i dont have to send again)

Someone please add or correct these requirements if necessary.

I read the "rules" when i first started the process.(they might have changed now) If i remember correctly, we need to send in the following
1)US passport
2)Printout of the Status page showing "documents received at DC"
3) Cover page
4) $20 money order IF you have not done so already.(i sent $20 when i sent my app fee, so i dont have to send again)

Someone please add or correct these requirements if necessary.

Thats it, you got it all correct, this is what you are supposed to send.

Thanks vm1214,
One more question, please:
1. I would be sending OCI application, Covering letter, Renuniciation form with fees for OCI app($275*4), Renunciation fee ($175*4), postage fee ($20*2) and the following:
1. Present Nationality (First 2 and Last 2 pages of US passport)
2. Proof of Address (from utility billls ). Not sure what proof would be required for my minor kid.
3. Proof of prevous Nationality ( first 3 and last 3 pages of my Indian passport)
The above documents would be self atested.

Question is - Do I need to send our Indian passport in this package for cancellation or I would need to send it along with US passport, when the status changes?

Also, In Part A of OCI application, I have mention 'Washingon DC' for a question Passport Issue place (US). I read some where it need to be ' US DEPT OF STAT'. Do I need to enter OCI app all over or will this meet the purpose?

I have mention 'Dehradun' as my place of birth instead of 'Dehradun, UP, INDIA'. Note sure if this would pose problem.

I do not wanna take a chance as the Babu's working on this are just looking for errors...

Please respond ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

One more question, please:
1. I would be sending OCI application, Covering letter, Renuniciation form with fees for OCI app($275*4), Renunciation fee ($175*4), postage fee ($20*2)

----- I am not sure if you mean (275*3 + 275) and ($20 + 20) they are separate or you can make (275*3+20) as one MO and (275+20) as another. The cheapest MO I got is Walmart.

2. Proof of Address (from utility billls ). Not sure what proof would be required for my minor kid.
----- No proof is required for minor as the minor is along with you in the application.

Question is - Do I need to send our Indian passport in this package for cancellation or I would need to send it along with US passport, when the status changes?
------Yes, You need to send Indian Passport along with your inital package

Also, In Part A of OCI application, I have mention 'Washingon DC' for a question Passport Issue place (US). I read some where it need to be ' US DEPT OF STAT'. Do I need to enter OCI app all over or will this meet the purpose?
----- It is "US Dept of State". It is better to give more and clear information so go ahead and do another it doesn't effect anything

I have mention 'Dehradun' as my place of birth instead of 'Dehradun, UP, INDIA'. Note sure if this would pose problem.
---- I have put 'City state country", no commas are accepted in the field just space. I am not sure if this will create problem? Better to mention.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks vm1214,
We are family of four, so the OCI app fee would be ( $275 x 4) ($275+$275+$275+$275)
and cancellation fee would be ($175 x 4). Since one of my child is adult, so the postage fee would be ($20 for family(me, spouse and minor child) and $20 for major child)
Ok. I will re-enter all details again as my birth place and place US passport issue needs correction.
I will send Indian passport with OCI app.

When would I get SC ? Is that required? I read somewhere it's required as in absence of this would be problem when you arrive India. Could you please throw some light on this?

Thanks in advance
~Satpal

Thanks vm1214,
We are family of four, so the OCI app fee would be ( $275 x 4) ($275+$275+$275+$275)
and cancellation fee would be ($175 x 4). Since one of my child is adult, so the postage fee would be ($20 for family(me, spouse and minor child) and $20 for major child)

----Since your one child is adult, even though you are a family of four you need to separate his fees in a seperate MO and cannot mix with your family fees. That is what I meant in the above post.

When would I get SC ? Is that required? I read somewhere it's required as in absence of this would be problem when you arrive India. Could you please throw some light on this?

----You will get SC and OCI on the same day in the same post. Yes "SC or cancelled Indian passport" is one of the requirement to get any kind of visa for India. The immigration officer in India may not ask for SC but to get a visa for India you need that.

Thanks

Hi,

I had the same doubt and posted a query earlier. Based on the 1 feedback I got, I made the call to go with the applicants DOB, not the father's. I just mailed my application. Have to wait and see what happens. But frankly, I think they are more interested in the $175 than the DOB :) I think it is going to be OK....

In Renunciation form, there is field for Father's Name and then Date of Birth. Is it Father's DOB? Please advise

LOL ... good one ... Happy Friday :)

DC Staff of Mr.Obama would go with him, though I don't see any reason why DC Staff of Indian Embassy goes with him to India

I am sure some Indian consulate people will go as part of protocol and what not. The might green ink may travel as well :)

Hi,

Could anyone put together the documents to send for OCI and SC together? This will be helpful for many people. Do I have send 2 sets of photocopies(Indian passport and US passport) for RENUNCIATION too? Please advise.

Thanks..

I am a little worried now

My app was acknowledged on 14th Oct, Its been more than 2 weeks, no movement, should they have scanned my pics and all ?

Registration Status
UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status
NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET