OCI - Washington DC Tracker

My Application has been acknowledged
Application Received:September 28, 2010
Application Acknowledged October 29, 2010

So new trend looks to be acknowledgments within 4-8 weeks time period and no progress after that for another couple of weeks ...

OCI sending passport

i have mailed oci application on oct 2nd and yet no acknowledgement. I have to travel to India on jan 3rd.So is it possibloe for me to take travel visa and travel and then send the passport and all after i come back from India.I will be back only in March.

Pls advice...

Does anyone has updates after documets dispatched to Washington? My dispatch date is Oct 20 and my status still shows Not received at washington.

I have to travel to India on jan 3rd.So is it possibloe for me to take travel visa and travel ..

------To take travel visa you need Surrender certifcate or the cancelled Indian passport----do you have that?

then send the passport and all after i come back from IndiaI will be back only in March.

----Which passport you are talking about Indian or US? US Passport need to be sent only after the OCI papers are back in DC consulate and Indian passport need to be sent along with renunciation form for cancellation, if it is not cancelled earlier to OCI apps

Thanks

i have mailed oci application on oct 2nd and yet no acknowledgement. I have to travel to India on jan 3rd.So is it possible for me to take travel visa and travel and then send the passport and all after i come back from India.I will be back only in March.

Pls advice...

You've got 3 months to receive OCI, given current slowness, you should plan for the Travel Visa in the 1st week of December depending upon in what stage your OCI processing is.
Can't say about if its okay not to send passports for OCI stamping for more than 3 months. Better email embassy to get a definitive answer.

I am also in your boat! As the desptach was made on 20th Oct, I was expecting around 25th Oct it should be received at DC.

I was planning for November end Travel to India - Now I am thinking of pushing it to December end.

Once the status is updated to "Documents Received at Washington", a link will appear next to it with details of documents to send.

As far I know, we need to send the US passport, printout of the application status dipslay in the OCI tracker web site and 20$ money order if we need to get the passport back in mail.

Same case

i have mailed oci application on oct 2nd and yet no acknowledgement. I have to travel to India on jan 3rd.So is it possibloe for me to take travel visa and travel and then send the passport and all after i come back from India.I will be back only in March.

Pls advice...

I mailed my OCI along with Renounciation in September and is in the scanned status for more than a week now.. I planned to leave to India for a vacation in December and i do not have the SC as a required document for the VISA but only can prove that it has been submitted along with the OCI application. I am planning to visit DC for a travel / Entry VISA ...

I have send the renunciation form and the Indian passport. I have PIO card. i have applied for my daughters OCI too.. she is an US citizen and she do not have PIO.i can travel with PIO. she needs a Visa..and we have to travel on the 3rd jan. So what do u all recommend.should I apply for my daughters Entry visa and travel??? and then send the passport once we r back in march.we applied for oci on 2nd oct.yet no acknowledgement

I have send the renunciation form and the Indian passport. I have PIO card. i have applied for my daughters OCI too.. she is an US citizen and she do not have PIO.i can travel with PIO. she needs a Visa..and we have to travel on the 3rd jan. So what do u all recommend.should I apply for my daughters Entry visa and travel??? and then send the passport once we r back in march.we applied for oci on 2nd oct.yet no acknowledgement

if you need to travel then u might have to get the Visa for your daughter..as you may see we are heading towards a holiday season which may further delay the processing of the applications.. I am planning to visit DC for a Visa ( applied for OCI and havent received my SC yet ) ..will let you know the outcome .. I have already my travel plans and cannot cancel my visit..

My status changed yesterday; photo/signature scanned.

Mailed OCI 9/9/10
Received at DC 9/13/10
Date Of Acknowledgment 10/29/10
Photo/Signature Scanned On 11/2/10
Registration Status Granted On --
Documents Printing Status PRINTED --
Documents Printed On --

My status changed yesterday; photo/signature scanned.

Mailed OCI 9/9/10
Received at DC 9/13/10
Date Of Acknowledgment 10/29/10
Photo/Signature Scanned On 11/2/10
Registration Status Granted On --
Documents Printing Status PRINTED --
Documents Printed On --

Good atleast you are progressing now.

thanks shabbu77...do u know if its ok to send the us passport in march after we come back..

Assuming you get the approval and ready at the DC office in December i assume it should be ok ..because I think OCI cannot be cancelled just like that unless you apply to renounce it.. since it has been granted and approved..My gut feeling says you should be Ok but for your satfiaction you may want to send an email to DC / OCI cell which will be answered after 12 weeks of you application acknowledged..

My documents despatched from Delhi on 20th October and yet the Documents Received at DC is not updated!

Can any one let me know, if I want to pick the stamped passport / OCI card from the consulate, how do I will know that the passport and OCI card is ready for pickup?

Thanks

Both of my kids documents were acknowledged today.

10/07 - Recd at DC
11/03 - Acknowledged

Now all 3 applications (wife & kids) are "UnderProcess" -->> Wife's docs were Ack'ed on 10/21, no progress after that ... huh?

Murthy, there is no provision for pick up at the DC office. I think you can do this in NY, if that's your area jurisdiction. Like all of us in similar situation (documents dispatched around 20-27th time frame) wait for the status to show as received and then mail your passport for visa and oci booklet. then wait for 20 days or less for it to show up in the mailbox.

My documents despatched from Delhi on 20th October and yet the Documents Received at DC is not updated!

Can any one let me know, if I want to pick the stamped passport / OCI card from the consulate, how do I will know that the passport and OCI card is ready for pickup?

Thanks