OCI - Washington DC Tracker

the print date keeps moving
....my case is similar to vm,user99,sri...the print doc date was 20th...next day changed to 21st and today changed to 22nd....r u seeing similar ?

mine still shows 20th.

Looking at your post I think they are assiging the date before the apps set is printed, if they cannot complete the set they postpone to next day or it could be their system problem.

Sam,
I am confused, what you are talking about?

So I had the old URL in my favorite to look for the status on my families applications. Now that URL got changed and they added, what I call an extra layer of security, in URL after the webFiler# in URL e.g. "&checksum=4108e0d3199b5e3c12d8b1685840f9b0"

VM, maybe...who knows...today print date changed again to 23rd. i doubt they work Saturday's...maybe I should stop looking.

mine still shows 20th.

Looking at your post I think they are assiging the date before the apps set is printed, if they cannot complete the set they postpone to next day or it could be their system problem.

Forum-user99, Kakku82,jaiGC

What is the date you see in the "Documents Printed" row????? Mine is showing as 23rd Oct today which moved from 20th Oct similar to "Fedupuser"

Share your dates please.

Forum-user99, Kakku82,jaiGC

What is the date you see in the "Documents Printed" row????? Mine is showing as 23rd Oct today which moved from 20th Oct similar to "Fedupuser"

Share your dates please.

Mine is showing as oct 23 also. Initially i believe it was oct 20.

Hi All,

I have been thinking that Washnington requires photographs to be 51mmX51mm (2"X2"). Pleas clarify....

Same thing happening with me (OCI thru SF consulate though). Wonder what it means.

Sarge,
When it happened what was the final output? What date was considered (the original date or the last changed date) for the paper movement? Did it ever got reverted to original date? Can you share your experience?

My case is similar to your case. It has been more than 6 weeks and no acknowledgement so far. I have submitted both OCI and SC together.

Is this a reason for delay?

Srini

I dont know, I have to travel to India during the last week of Dec. I am losing hope of getting OCI before that.

VM, (all in our similar group), my status shows docs dispatched to DC on 27th. You may want to check yours. By the way here is my complete record for ref. Cheers

Application mailed (OCI & SC) to DC 08-23-10
Application Received at DC 08-24-10
Application Acknowledged 09-14-10
Photo/Signature Scanned 09-22-10
Registration Status Granted 10-15-10
Documents Printed 10-23-10 (was 10/20->10/21->10/22-> 10/23)
Documents Dispatched 10-27-10
Documents Received at Washington Not Yet
SC Status None/Not received Canceled Passport or SC

VISA until OCI is approved

Hi there,

My case.. Sent the OCI along with SC on September 3rd and is acknowledged as of Oct 7th and has been in scanned status since 22nd October.

My question : i need to travel to India in mid-December and i am positive that my OCI will not be printed in my passport even if it is Ready at DC office as it may take upto 30 days from the day passport is received in Washington,DC. So in order to travel do any one of you think that obtaining a VISA will be an issue ??? since i do not have the SC neither do i have the cancelled passport..

Appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Status Update

Kakku, VM and others

My status moved to Dispatched with a date 10.27.2010. My print date moved from 10/20->10/21->10/22->10/23.

You may want to check your status too.

All

Quick question.

On the status inquiry page, there is a scrolling marquee that says that I can contact embassy 10 days after the dispatch date. Can I send the passports after 10 days, or should I wait for the received date to be filled to be safe.

Thank You Fedupuser for notifying all of us. Congrats to all in this group.

My Documents were dispatched as well. This is great news . We are all nearing the finish line. Lets Party after this is over with.
Here is my Time Line:

Online app: 08/12/2010
Mailed App: 08/13/2010
Recd by DC: 08/16/2010
Acknowledged: 09/23/2010
Photo?Signature Scanned: 10/07/2010
Registration Granted: 10/15/2010
Documents Printed: 10/23/2010
Dispatched to Mission: 10/27/2010

All

Quick question.

On the status inquiry page, there is a scrolling marquee that says that I can contact embassy 10 days after the dispatch date. Can I send the passports after 10 days, or should I wait for the received date to be filled to be safe.

ForumUser,
Personally, i will wait till the documents arrive at DC. I am planning on getting everything ready in the next day or two. I will mail out the package the same day my status shows "received at DC". I plan to ship Next Day. This is the safest way in my opinion. You don't want your passport to be lost or buried in the pile if it takes them longer than 10 days to receive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filing OCI. Request if some one could answer questions ..

Hi People,
I am newbie filing OCI, and have some questions:
1. We are a family of four (1 minor and 1 adult kid). Can I send application of my adult kid in the same package? I mean one family application (me, ,my wife and my monor child) and one for my adult child?
2. If yes, will I need to send two different covering letter?
3. Do I need to send $20 being postage fee for family and adult child or need to send two certified checks?

Can some one explain me or provide me the link understanding the complete process after sending the packet to the embassy?

Thanks!
Satpal