OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Registration Status Granted On 29-SEP-2010
Documents Printed On 18-OCT-2010

That's great news for you after such a long time. I am just wondering yours was granted on 29th sept and printed on 18th Oct, if that is case how many applications might be pending for these guys to print to become current, Oh Lord!!! help me

Yeah, and its 1 month today for my wife's app, not even acknowledged yet :)
I received an email reply back today after 14 days of asking a 4 questions about my kids OCI... they sent me answer to 1 of my question. What a mess.

I already sent the applications on next day I sent the email with the questions.

That's great news for you after such a long time. I am just wondering yours was granted on 29th sept and printed on 18th Oct, if that is case how many applications might be pending for these guys to print to become current, Oh Lord!!! help me

VM

did yours get printed?

Date Of Acknowledgment 27-AUG-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 03-SEP-2010
Registration Status Granted On 29-SEP-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED

At last the documents are printed today!

Great news. I think it takes about 2weeks to print after grant and about a week to mail it.

My status changed today too to Printed. Here is my journey so far. I was one of unlucky ones to get my combined SC+ OCI returned !

Aug 20, 2010 - Mailed OCI
Aug 23, 2010 - Received at DC
Aug 31, 2010 - Date of acknowledgment
Sep 15, 2010 - Photo/Signature Scanned
Sep 29, 2010 - Registration Granted
Oct 18, 2010 - Document printed

VM

did yours get printed?
Just b'cause you asked I just checked one more time, still no sign of printing.
As per the JaiGC post his dt are same as murthy, so lets count down (sept 29 ---> Oct 18th, Oct 12---> Oct 27th, Oct 15---> Nov1st) Don't panic, this is just the guess game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and its 1 month today for my wife's app, not even acknowledged yet :)

There are only few people who went through your kind of frustation and I am one of those. I really feel sorry for you. I think they are backloaded with lot of OCI's to be sent out, may be they are holding the new ones but still one month is 2 much for ack.

Still waiting for Date of acknowledgment :

Mailed OCI 9/9/10
Received at DC 9/13/10
Date Of Acknowledgment --
Photo/Signature Scanned On --
Registration Status Granted On --
Documents Printing Status PRINTED --
Documents Printed On --

It has been 20 days - not received my US Passports back from Indian Embassy . I had sent mine and my family's US Passports on 27th Sept 2010 . They were received on 28th Sept by Embassy . Sent them a mail today but no response . Getting very concerned now .. Anyone else in same boat ? I see people getting US passports back in a week or 2 .

Photo/Signature Scanned On 24-AUG-2010
Registration Status Granted On 08-SEP-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 09-SEP-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 10-SEP-2010
Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 23-SEP-2010

NHTN,
Did they finally found it ? Mine has taken 21 days now and I am worried after reading all this
nishu

I Just saw a status change for my file. I am now at the "Granted" stage of the process.

ForumUser 99 - i think yours will be granted too since we both had same Akwd' and scan dates.
Kakku82

My status is now Printed as of 10.20.10. You may want to check yours.

Good to hear the progress. My documents are sent to DC today.

Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 20-OCT-2010

Sri

A bit frustrating now, its 5th week for my wife's application and its still not Acknowledged/Returned ... I will not be happy if they return the application for any reason now ...