OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Question about mail fees

VM/Kakku and others

Now that my docs are printed and probably will be here in next 2-3 weeks, I thought I will start preparing for the next steps. I have couple of quick questions about getting it stamped.

a) When I mailed my OCI application I added 20$ for mailing fee. Do I need to send another 20$ when I send passports
b) Other than just sending passports, do I need to fill anything like a form or letter etc.?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Answer below:
a) No
b) A cover letter along with the screenshot of the Tracking website saying the documents received at DC.

VM/Kakku and others

Now that my docs are printed and probably will be here in next 2-3 weeks, I thought I will start preparing for the next steps. I have couple of quick questions about getting it stamped.

a) When I mailed my OCI application I added 20$ for mailing fee. Do I need to send another 20$ when I send passports
b) Other than just sending passports, do I need to fill anything like a form or letter etc.?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I am expecting my documents reach DC early next week and expecting to mail my US passport mid next week. I am curious - how do I will know that the US passport is stamped with U Visa and ready for pick up?

Sri

how do I will know that the US passport is stamped with U Visa and ready for pick up? Sri

There is no pick up service for DC consulate, you have to wait till UPS/Fedex guy show up on your door step. There will be no status update on the OCI site either. There will be absolute silence during that period.

The above statements are experiences from the forum users who got OCI processed.

Any Comments SAM?

Finally my wife's docs are acknowledged few mins ago, after exact 1 month they received the docs:

09/20/2010: OCI Docs 2 DC
09/21/2010: RECD at DC
10/21/2010: Date Of Acknowledgment

Thanks Vm.

I was going through the new york tracker and found a person who went personally to New York consulate. Dropped the passport at 11 and got back the stamped passport at 4:30. That was really surprising!

Hope I will get back by Nov 20th. I am planning for a trip to India on 23 Nov.

Sri.

There is no pick up service for DC consulate, you have to wait till UPS/Fedex guy show up on your door step. There will be no status update on the OCI site either. There will be absolute silence during that period.

The above statements are experiences from the forum users who got OCI processed.

Any Comments SAM?

Yes, I agree. For my case, it took them exact 5 business days to return back my passport and OCI, everybody has different experience here. Most of the time people get the passport/OCI back within 5-30 business days, and if not that means Embassy messed up.

My Case:
Ship (P/U) date: Sep 15, 2010
Delivery date: Sep 17, 2010 10:30 AM
Sign for by: S.NAKKA
Delivery location: WASHINGTON, DC
Delivered to: Receptionist/Front Desk
so far not acknowledged or returned.

My Case:
Ship (P/U) date: Sep 15, 2010
Delivery date: Sep 17, 2010 10:30 AM
Sign for by: S.NAKKA
Delivery location: WASHINGTON, DC
Delivered to: Receptionist/Front Desk
so far not acknowledged or returned.

Ociwaiting,
This is nothing to worry about. It took 5 weeks for them to ackwd' my application after delivery. If it hasn't been returned by now, it means your application had no problems and should go through the normal process. Lately it looks like DC is picking up the pace. stay tuned, like the rest of us....

Ociwaiting, I understand your pain, my wife's app was acknowledged today after exact 1 month ... hold your breath and wait, thats all we can do with these people.

Thanks VM, kids app still pending

Wait ... whats up with the tracking website, its no longer showing my wife's app acknowledged .... looks like I am screwed or website is screwed.

yeah, real messed up...if u click on the go tab, it will refresh.....
I've been watching these blogs and noticed something else...the print date keeps moving
....my case is similar to vm,user99,sri...the print doc date was 20th...next day changed to 21st and today changed to 22nd....r u seeing similar ?

Today am surprise to see my wife's status has changed to this....

Date Of Acknowledgment
22-OCT-2010
Application Status
Registration Status
UnderProcess

No change in my case

yeah, real messed up...if u click on the go tab, it will refresh.....
I've been watching these blogs and noticed something else...the print date keeps moving
....my case is similar to vm,user99,sri...the print doc date was 20th...next day changed to 21st and today changed to 22nd....r u seeing similar ?

Same thing happening with me (OCI thru SF consulate though). Wonder what it means.