OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Gee24,
I am sorry to hear that. Is Speedy and some others got theirs? Keep sending the emails and keep leaving the messages. Good luck to you.

tsb

Gee24,
I am sorry to hear that too. I agree with tsb that you should keep pestering them until they resolve your issue.

On a side note, today the UPS guy made the 1st attempt to deliver my PP's from Embassy. My wife was at home, but she ended up missing him. They will make the 2nd attempt tommorow......will have to make sure not to miss it this time. Looks like they sent them with signature required....so the UPS guy simply did not leave it at the front door.

Cheers,
speedy

All-

My wife became USC last year and applied for OCI cards for herself and kids, they received them in 90 days. Now I became USC and applied for OCI, however there is a question in Part B asking about any of your family members applied for OCI, is the question concerned to the members in the application) or is it in general they want to know if any members of family already have OCI?

Thanks

SK

All-

My wife became USC last year and applied for OCI cards for herself and kids, they received them in 90 days. Now I became USC and applied for OCI, however there is a question in Part B asking about any of your family members applied for OCI, is the question concerned to the members in the application) or is it in general they want to know if any members of family already have OCI?

Thanks

SK

what is the exact verbiage of the question? My 2 cents: They really don't care about those superfluous questions. I think they just care about the flippin $$ check. Depending on the exact verbiage of the question, I would put a yes or a no.

Cheers,
speedy

SK-N00,
You need to put in OCI no/details of your wife and kids in your application.
When I applied for my son recently I had put in mine,wife,daughter's OCI nos details in that question
That questions is related to all family members who already are registered for OCI.

I had to export that applciation into pdf editor and enter the details with smaller font to fit that space

With recent delays for some applicants you really dont want to miss some of those questions to be returned back etc !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPS guy delivered the PP's a few min ago. Based on what my wife said the US & cancelled Indian PP's and the OCI are in the pkg. I need to validate that everything looks/and is spelt ok. After that I can give a cautious sigh of relief :)

I still do not consider my journey as complete. Who knows what kinda "googly" the embassy can bowl at you even now?? Recently I came to know of a case where some one got their OCI's in hand and yet had to resend back their paper work for getting a new OCI (due to standard embassy goof up). May be a month or so from now, if I don't hear from the embassy folks, then I will consider my self lucky to have completed the journey in 1 piece.

Cheers,
speedy

UPS guy delivered the PP's a few min ago. Based on what my wife said the US & cancelled Indian PP's and the OCI are in the pkg. I need to validate that everything looks/and is spelt ok. After that I can give a cautious sigh of relief :)

I still do not consider my journey as complete. Who knows what kinda "googly" the embassy can bowl at you even now?? Recently I came to know of a case where some one got their OCI's in hand and yet had to resend back their paper work for getting a new OCI (due to standard embassy goof up). May be a month or so from now, if I don't hear from the embassy folks, then I will consider my self lucky to have completed the journey in 1 piece.

Cheers,
speedy

GOOD.............CONGRATS..... I AM GLAD THAT YOU GOT IT...

NO TRACE OF MINE SO FAR.
LEFT EMAIL MESSAGES.........AND VOICE MAIL MESSAGES.

One of those 'un necessary headaches' I have to go through...............though no fault of mine in the processes I went through so far.
Do I have a choice ???.............NO.... have to go through this......
Good luck in all endeavors in life.

Gee24

Gee24,
They are still looking for one passport and am guessing it is yours. I just got a call from Embassy of India inquiring if I have received another passport in error. Hope they will find it. Those idiots are calling the home numbers, they should really be calling mobile numbers.

NO TRACE SO FAR.
SENT EMAILS TO RR.......LAST SUNDAY......NO RESPONSE SO FAR.
NO ONE IS PICKING UP THE PHONE IN OCI.
NO CLUE....
LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO GO IN PERSON TO GET SOME DATA..
PROBABLY ONLY MY PASSPORTS WERE LOST...........THAT HAPPENS SOME TIMES.....YOU NEVER KNOW.

01/23/10 : Mailed to Wash.
03/03/10: Acknowledged
03/10/10: Scanned
03/16/10: Granted
03/17/10: Printed
03/19/10: Dispatched from Delhi
03/23/10: Recd @ Wash.: Mailed US Passports to Wash
03/24/10: My Passports were sent to DC by over night delivery
NOT RECEIVED THE PASSPORTS BACK FROM EMBASSY SO FAR ( 04/27/10 8 AM)

In india ,if you loose your PP ,you need to file a case with local police to trace it or file a new one
I dont know how this works in USA ?
If its the same rule then will police here investigate the embassy guys ??

Gee24,
They are still looking for one passport and am guessing it is yours. I just got a call from Embassy of India inquiring if I have received another passport in error. Hope they will find it. Those idiots are calling the home numbers, they should really be calling mobile numbers.

garu_1gsr:

Thanks for the info.....

Gee24

Gee24,

That is one of the worst case scenario for whom ever that PP belongs to. If/when the correct owner gets back his/her PP, there will be a doubt always (for the owner) if the person who got it by mistake has all the personal info of the correct owner.

Gee that may or may not be yours. Your case seems to be singularly unique, since, unlike tsb, you have never been able to get in contact with a live person@WDC (either by mail or phone). Atleast in tsb's case he/she was able to get 3 different answers. Isn't it time for you to
go there personally? May be you can go there to request for an appointment with Mr. Ranjan/Chhabra/Arun Singh or some one like that?? May be you can tell them that you are looking for a letter from the embassy stating that they lost your US PP's, so that you can re-apply for new US PP's? Also, add
it in there that you have urgent travel requirement.

I know it might be too much on my part to suggest you to go there from NC......but then I hate to see your case hanging in the limbo like that. Patience is a virtue....and you seem to have a lots of it.

Anyways, I gave my 2cents. Pls. act according to your needs.

I checked all my PP's during lunch today. Everything looks ok. All the names are spelt ok and the PP#s line up ok....so, I guess I am all set unless they bowl the ultimate googly/bouncer/yorker/short-pitch/bodyline.....whatever :)

Cheers,
speedy

That is one of the worst case scenario for whom ever that PP belongs to. If/when the correct owner gets back his/her PP, there will be a doubt always (for the owner) if the person who got it by mistake has all the personal info of the correct owner.

Gee that may or may not be yours. Your case seems to be singularly unique, since, unlike tsb, you have never been able to get in contact with a live person@WDC (either by mail or phone). Atleast in tsb's case he/she was able to get 3 different answers. Isn't it time for you to
go there personally? May be you can go there to request for an appointment with Mr. Ranjan/Chhabra/Arun Singh or some one like that??

SPEEDY:
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUTS / NICE WORDS.
I could get one guy on the phone today............all he said was "if you have sent an email, the concerned person will look into that case and respond back to you".
He did not give his name nor did he wait for any further questions...
So at last I could get one guy on phone.....and also sent one more email today.

Well................let me see for another day or 2.
But the question is What can they do now ?
"Even if I go to their office in person, I am afraid, I will get the same response UNTIL they trace my papers".
Let me give some more time and watch..
Like I mentioned in my previous posting, .............If I have to go through this, I have no other choice.

Thanks
Gee24

Today I again got a call from embassy enquiring if I have got the correct PP and OCI docs.
I tried to mention that one of my friends is still to get his PP after 3 months,he just said we are looking at it

Today I again got a call from embassy enquiring if I have got the correct PP and OCI docs.
I tried to mention that one of my friends is still to get his PP after 3 months,he just said we are looking at it

Thanks Hitraj for mentioning this to the embassy guys......

gee24

THERE IS SOME PROGRESS..
ONE GUY CALLED FROM FROM EMBASSY.

HE MENTIONED THAT MY PASSPORTS WERE MAILED OUT TO ME BY 'EXPRESS MAIL' ON 7TH OF APRIL.........NOT UPS....
HE GAVE ME THE TRACKING NUMBER..........AND GOT OFF THE LINE.
HOWEVER THE TRACKING DETAILS REVEALED THAT
THIS MAIL HAS GONE BACK TO EMBASSY ON THE SAME DATE..

APPARENTLY THE 'TO ADDRESS' WAS MENTIONED AS EMBASSY'S ADDRESS ITSELF............AND THIS WAS ACKNOWLEDGED BY THE SAME GUY......WITH THE LETTER STARTING "A".

I, THEREFORE, SENT AN EMAIL BACK SAYING THAT THE MAIL THAT WAS DESPATCHED FROM YOUR OFFICE HAS GONE BACK TO YOUR OFFICE AND GIVEN THE SCREEN SHOTS AS WELL.
IT's A CIRCUS........FOR ME.....NOT OVER YET.
JUST FYI..
GOOD LUCK TO ALL.....

GEE24

GEE24, I feel for you dude, its a circus definitely they did not put your address in "TO" wow... all the best, and I hope you will get your PPT soon.

Speedy, Congrats to you.

Gee24, I'm sorry to hear that you have not got your passport yet. I think they sent by express mail and thought you got it. You should keep calling them again and email them daily. Again i'm sorry to hear that you have to go through so much. This is too much of pain. It appears for all us have to through this kind of all the time. I wish they will re-send your Passport soon.

God bless Embassy people.

tsb.

That's why I included return envelope even though I paid mailing charges....Never know where is the pothole?

TRUE. Good point.

JUST A WORD OF CAUTION.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU FILL IN THE CORRECT ADDRESS IN THE ENVELOPE.

I AM BEING BLAMED BY MY WIFE.
SHE SAYS..... WHILE FILLING IN THE ADDRESS, INADVERTANTLY, MY INPUT WAS WRONG.............MEANING, I HAVE FILLED IN THE EMBASSY'S ADDRESS .......INSTEAD OF MY HOME ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS SLIP...... (not sure if I ever filled in an address slip)

THEREFORE, THE MAIL JUST WENT BACK TO THE EMBASSY..... AFTER THEY MAILED OUT.
THIS MAY BE A LESSON............
THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANY ONE...
SO, I AM MENTIONING IN THIS FORUM.

Good luck...

gee24

TRUE. Good point.

JUST A WORD OF CAUTION.
MAKE SURE THAT YOU FILL IN THE CORRECT ADDRESS IN THE ENVELOPE.

I AM BEING BLAMED BY MY WIFE.
SHE SAYS..... WHILE FILLING IN THE ADDRESS, INADVERTANTLY, MY INPUT WAS WRONG.............MEANING, I HAVE FILLED IN THE EMBASSY'S ADDRESS .......INSTEAD OF MY HOME ADDRESS IN THE ADDRESS SLIP...... (not sure if I ever filled in an address slip)

THEREFORE, THE MAIL JUST WENT BACK TO THE EMBASSY..... AFTER THEY MAILED OUT.
THIS MAY BE A LESSON............
THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANY ONE...
SO, I AM MENTIONING IN THIS FORUM.

Good luck...

gee24

Did you include a pre-paid envelope too? If yes, may be you can call up the UPS/USPS and confirm what address was used as a 'TO' address on it?

Cheers,
speedy

My status

04/09/2010: OCI Docs mailed to Washington, DC
04/12/2010: Received at Washington, DC
04/13/2010: Acknowledged
04/20/2010: Scanned
04/29/2010: Granted
xx/xx/2010: Printed
xx/xx/2010: Dispatched from Delhi
xx/xx/2010: Received at Washington
xx/xx/2010: Mailed US Passports to Washington