OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Gee24, you are in NC. I guess you will get in tomorrow. I'm local so got the next day delivery. They ship them in the evening. Good luck to you.

Speedy: I hope they won't misplace few more. According to the assistant consular officer, they generally mail back in two weeks. So far most of them got in two to three weeks time. thank you for your supports words. Finally it is over. I hope they will improve the process and streamline the process. I wish you good luck.
I wish good luck to all you that are waiting.

tsb

tsb,
Did you get back your cancelled Indian PP's too?
Did the UPS guy get your signature when it got delivered or was it just thrown in the regular mail box/front porch?/

Pls. reply if you still are around this forum.

Cheers,
speedy

OCI process complete.

Received the US passports, OCI books, Indian old passports for the family. Total process was very smooth.
Job well done by Indian embassy folks.
Please see the updated signature.

Speedy,
I did not send my indian PP's. I had them cancelled before. I sent my kids PIO cards. The cards are stamped with cancelled and returned to me.
Yes, the UPS guy got my signature. I was home when it was delivered.

tsb

GEE and anyone else still waiting for their OCI/Passports , I got info on email id of the person handling OCI His name is Rajeeb ranjan and his email id is rajeebr@india.org.
I got a call from embassy of india just few mins back and was enquiring if my oci/passport was good and that there is no problem ?
Then I told him I have applied for OCI last year itself and that I had recently applied for my son.
I then asked him recently there has been lots of complains about passports missing etc and is that the reason he is calling to verify .He didnt resppond to me directlyon that but it seems they are out calling ppl to verify if they got the correct PP/OCI documents.
The I told him about my friends who havent recieved their PP/OCI docs and he gave me this email id to contact for any OCI issues.

I just thought I can post this i nfo for anyone having OCI issues and directly email him AND ENQUIRE

OCI process complete.

Received the US passports, OCI books, Indian old passports for the family. Total process was very smooth.
Job well done by Indian embassy folks.
Please see the updated signature.

@ohemail,
Wow man....your case is the polar opposite of tsb & gee24. Full marks and two thumbs up to the embassy folks on this (have to give credit where it is due).
You seem to have lots of 'good karma' from your past deeds :)

Cheers,
speedy

GEE and anyone else still waiting for their OCI/Passports , I got info on email id of the person handling OCI His name is Rajeeb ranjan and his email id is rajeebr@india.org.
I got a call from embassy of india just few mins back and was enquiring if my oci/passport was good and that there is no problem ?
Then I told him I have applied for OCI last year itself and that I had recently applied for my son.
I then asked him recently there has been lots of complains about passports missing etc and is that the reason he is calling to verify .He didnt resppond to me directlyon that but it seems they are out calling ppl to verify if they got the correct PP/OCI documents.
The I told him about my friends who havent recieved their PP/OCI docs and he gave me this email id to contact for any OCI issues.

I just thought I can post this i nfo for anyone having OCI issues and directly email him AND ENQUIRE

@hitraj,
Thats another 'wow' from me. Don't know what else to say. Its good that they are calling to inquire etc. However, they shouldn't be in that situation in the first place.

Thanks for sharing the info. I am sure it will help lot of folks here.

Cheers,
speedy

It looks like they screwed up around those dates and are hunting for missing passports. My wife picked a call too from the embassy inquiring about the OCI and Passports. She did not have a clue what the embassy guy was talking about as she was not involved in the process. However, she got his name and number. PM me for the contact info.

Last edited by a moderator:
hitraj,Gee24,speedy
The person that is handing OCIs is Rajeev Ranjan (not rajeeb ranjan) and the email should be rajeevr@indiagov.org. They misplaced some passports during the last week of March. I think they are tracing back and making sure they sent to the correct address. After receiving my passports, i did sent an email to OCI washington thanking them for tracing my passports and dispatching on the same day. I mentioned specail thanks to Rajeev.
I hope Gee24 and speedy get theirs soon. Good luck guys. Let me know if you guys have any queries that i can answer related to OCI.

tsb

hitraj,gee24,speedy
the person that is handing ocis is rajeev ranjan (not rajeeb ranjan) and the email should be rajeevr@indiagov.org. They misplaced some passports during the last week of march. I think they are tracing back and making sure they sent to the correct address. After receiving my passports, i did sent an email to oci washington thanking them for tracing my passports and dispatching on the same day. I mentioned specail thanks to rajeev.
I hope gee24 and speedy get theirs soon. Good luck guys. Let me know if you guys have any queries that i can answer related to oci.

Tsb

tsb:

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS.
If they had ever gotten to know about 'MISSING / misplaced docs', I would say its because of your efforts to call them. Hats off to you.
In fact I tried for 2 hours on Wednesday...........no one picked up the phone.....nor did any one returned my inquiries in their voice mails.
I DID NOT GET THE PPs SO FAR.....
HOPEFULLY I WILL......... SOON
Email address you and Hitraj provided in this forum.........gives us immense relief for follow ups.
THIS IS TO THANK YOU AND EVERY ONE IN THIS FORUM FOR EFFORTS AND INPUTS......HELPS US A LOT

01/23/10 : Mailed to Wash.
03/03/10: Acknowledged
03/10/10: Scanned
03/16/10: Granted
03/17/10: Printed
03/19/10: Dispatched from Delhi
03/23/10: Recd @ Wash.: Mailed US Passports to Wash
03/24/10: My Passports were sent to DC by over night delivery
NOT RECEIVED THE PASSPORTS BACK FROM EMBASSY SO FAR ( 04/23/10 8 AM)

Last edited by a moderator:
I t hink email address given by tsb is right as I couldnt hear the guy form embassy clearly so email id provided by me might be wrong.
Thanks for providing the correct info tsb.
One good thing is when I was talking to that guy from embassy he was pleasant and not rude or blunt as they are famous for

Friends,
I received my passport on Friday (in 1 week) and preparing the documents for OCI, and have quick question on the same:

Do I have to really get the copy of my USA passport Notarized? The Part A-B says all the documents should be self-attested and website says it should be notarized.

Any suggestions from the people who recently have sent their docs?

Friends,
I received my passport on Friday (in 1 week) and preparing the documents for OCI, and have quick question on the same:

Do I have to really get the copy of my USA passport Notarized? The Part A-B says all the documents should be self-attested and website says it should be notarized.

Any suggestions from the people who recently have sent their docs?

follow the website --just go to any bank where u have account...they can do it in mts.....

Oci

OCI completed for my spouse. One issue I noticed was that the Indian passport wasn't stamped with a cancellation notice. Oh well....

Just a piece of advise. Take it for whats it worth:

Don't get too caught with your processing time. It will happen sooner or later. For some unfortunates, it takes much longer and in some cases things are screwed up big time. But in general - things work. So don't get carried away by posts from a few people and assume that things are completely broken. This is from a guy who spent 6 months in NIOD state during green card processing after USCIS lost my file. Funny thing was - EADs were denied but the CS and online status kept saying everything was fine.
But 6 years later here we are.... :cool:

03/16/10: Received at Washington.
03/26/10: Ack
04/02/10: Granted
04/08/10: Dispatched from Delhi.
04/14/10: Received at Washington
04/16/10: Passports received at Washington
04/21/10: OCI and PPs back

I've received the OCI card. The Indian Passport has also been returned to me but its not been stamped as cancelled. Do you know why?

You mentioned your Indian passport was also not cancelled - what did you do? Did you send it back to them for cancellation? If not, did you travel to India on your OCI card with your Indian passport not being stamped canceled? Thank you

I've received the OCI card. The Indian Passport has also been returned to me but its not been stamped as cancelled. Do you know why?

You mentioned your Indian passport was also not cancelled - what did you do? Did you send it back to them for cancellation? If not, did you travel to India on your OCI card with your Indian passport not being stamped canceled? Thank you

This seems to be pretty ridiculous if they are doing this, I sent my Indian passport today with a cover letter clearly stated to cancel it. If they won't do it, I will be really pissed ... think about this, you would have to spend another $40+ out of your pocket with no reason...

NO TRACE SO FAR.
SENT EMAILS TO RR.......LAST SUNDAY......NO RESPONSE SO FAR.
NO ONE IS PICKING UP THE PHONE IN OCI.
NO CLUE....
LOOKS LIKE I NEED TO GO IN PERSON TO GET SOME DATA..
PROBABLY ONLY MY PASSPORTS WERE LOST...........THAT HAPPENS SOME TIMES.....YOU NEVER KNOW.

01/23/10 : Mailed to Wash.
03/03/10: Acknowledged
03/10/10: Scanned
03/16/10: Granted
03/17/10: Printed
03/19/10: Dispatched from Delhi
03/23/10: Recd @ Wash.: Mailed US Passports to Wash
03/24/10: My Passports were sent to DC by over night delivery
NOT RECEIVED THE PASSPORTS BACK FROM EMBASSY SO FAR ( 04/27/10 8 AM)

Gee24,
I am sorry to hear that. Is Speedy and some others got theirs? Keep sending the emails and keep leaving the messages. Good luck to you.

tsb