OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Speedy, Gee24
I called the OCI section today. I was able to talk to a person. It appears they are not able to find my passports. They are researching where my passports are. They generally does not keep one month unless there is a problem. I have given the PDF copy of the FEDEX receipt. It is high time.... I do not know how long the research will take to find my passports. Just pray the god to find my passports....
So far different answers.
1. We will send you soon.
2. your OCI is not ready
3. We are researching to find your Passports.

God bless the embassy people.

Speedy, Gee24
I called the OCI section today. I was able to talk to a person. It appears they are not able to find my passports. They are researching where my passports are. They generally does not keep one month unless there is a problem. I have given the PDF copy of the FEDEX receipt. It is high time.... I do not know how long the research will take to find my passports. Just pray the god to find my passports....
So far different answers.
1. We will send you soon.
2. your OCI is not ready
3. We are researching to find your Passports.

God bless the embassy people.

SORRY TO HEAR THIS.

UNFORTUNATELY, MY RECEIPT HAS ALSO BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BY THAT SAME STUPID GUY WITH THE NAME STARTING WITH "A'.
My guess is "Mine is also lost / not-traceable"

My efforts to reach out to any one did not yield any results so far...........I tried all the numbers and also left message.
These damn guys don't have a courtesy to even return the call.....
will try again.. Just to give you the status TSB.

Good luck....
gee24

Last edited by a moderator:
SORRY TO HEAR THIS.

UNFORTUNATELY, MY RECEIPT HAS ALSO BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BY THAT SAME STUPID GUY WITH THE NAME STARTING WITH "A'.
My guess is "Mine is also lost / not-traceable"

My efforts to reach out to any one did not yield any results so far...........I tried all the numbers and also left message.
These damn guys don't have a courtesy to even return the call.....
will try again.. Just to give you the status TSB.

Good luck....
gee24

Gee,
Let's not jump to conclusions that "SAME STUPID GUY WITH THE NAME STARTING WITH "A'." lost them.
Let's not be abusive here:p. For all we know, he could be just a receving clerk. The folks holding them up could be down the chain.

tsb,
Did that guy from embassy specifically tell you that "they don't keep them for a month or more unless they have a problem"? or is it your assumption??
My personal opionion would be to go there physically for what ever it is worth. That would be to atleast confirm if they lost them or not. In this day and age losing a US PP is a serious breach. If they are truly lost them shouldn't you atleast take the follow up actions....like reporting lost PP and then re-applying etc? I would even demand/request a written letter from the embassy saying that they lost them (if they truly did).

PS: The above are not my suggestions. Just observations. Please act accordingly.

cheers,
speedy

Speedy,
The embassy person told me on the phone, "we do not keep the passports for a month unless there is a problem".I'm not assuming. Regarding the lost PP. He asked for FEDEX Tracking # and the person who signed for it. I gave the copy of FEDEX tracking # in the email. He said they got my email and they are not able to trace it yet and they are researching to trace it. He asked about change of address. I have not changed the address. I said no change of address.
I will let them research and trace where the PPs are for couple of days and then i will ask for an update. If they lost it, then i definately need to report it. I do not know what the next steps are. For now i'm waiting for them to complete the research to trace them. I sent 4 passports. It will be long process again to get them if they are not able to trace them.There is no counter service in Embassy, so i do not know who to approach other than email and phone.

God bless embassy people.
tsb

Gee / tsb,
I agree with speedy. First important thing is to find out from embassy people whether your US Passport is safe, otherwise you will have to report to US State Dept about the loss of passport ASAP. Gee looks like you are in NC but otherwise tsb can make trip to embassy and confirm abou it and may be Gee can exchange his printout with you as both of you have same timeline and know the status.

Anyway Goodluck and hope you findout some positive results this week.

KG

I can go to Embassy in person. The person i talked to today said he will update the status in an email today. So far no email from OCIwashington. fingers crossed.

Has anyone had this problem before in this forum?? Please post if you had similar problems.

tsb.

I can go to Embassy in person. The person i talked to today said he will update the status in an email today. So far no email from OCIwashington. fingers crossed.

Has anyone had this problem before in this forum?? Please post if you had similar problems.

tsb.
:

TSB:

WOULD YOU MIND GIVING YOUR CONTACT # (TELEPHONE)..........AND GOOD TIME TO CALL.........
Here is my email address gee511007@gmail.com
I THOUGHT WE CAN SHARE OUR THOUGHTS AND COME UP WITH POSSIBLE WAYS TO DEAL WITH THIS, IF YOU THINK THAT WOULD BE USEFUL.

Thanks,

Gee24

Gee24,
I will send you an email with my contact info. I assume you were not able to contact embassy in phone. After several tries i got through.

tsb

Speedy,
The embassy person told me on the phone, "we do not keep the passports for a month unless there is a problem".I'm not assuming. Regarding the lost PP. He asked for FEDEX Tracking # and the person who signed for it. I gave the copy of FEDEX tracking # in the email. He said they got my email and they are not able to trace it yet and they are researching to trace it. He asked about change of address. I have not changed the address. I said no change of address.
I will let them research and trace where the PPs are for couple of days and then i will ask for an update. If they lost it, then i definately need to report it. I do not know what the next steps are. For now i'm waiting for them to complete the research to trace them. I sent 4 passports. It will be long process again to get them if they are not able to trace them.There is no counter service in Embassy, so i do not know who to approach other than email and phone.

God bless embassy people.
tsb

tsb,
I would take that individual's statement about "one month or more" with a pinch of salt. That is because each time you seem to be getting a different answer. They are not saying the same thing consistently right?? No point assuming that they lost them at this point. I think your approach to let them research it seems to be correct.

However, I am sure if not for OCI, there would be some sort of counter/front desk etc where they should be able to accommodate you?? Also, it shouldn't be really that hard to get new US PP's. I am sure it would be a standard procedure. Of course all that would be in the case if they really lost them.

Cheers,
speedy

Wow I am scared now, cos I may have to go through this pretty soon, I am still waiting on my PP to come (applied expedited).

Really God Bless Embassy People - God give them some sense to not to play with people important documents.

OCI Completed

OCI completed for my spouse. One issue I noticed was that the Indian passport wasn't stamped with a cancellation notice. Oh well....

Just a piece of advise. Take it for whats it worth:

Don't get too caught with your processing time. It will happen sooner or later. For some unfortunates, it takes much longer and in some cases things are screwed up big time. But in general - things work. So don't get carried away by posts from a few people and assume that things are completely broken. This is from a guy who spent 6 months in NIOD state during green card processing after USCIS lost my file. Funny thing was - EADs were denied but the CS and online status kept saying everything was fine.
But 6 years later here we are.... :cool:

03/16/10: Received at Washington.
03/26/10: Ack
04/02/10: Granted
04/08/10: Dispatched from Delhi.
04/14/10: Received at Washington
04/16/10: Passports received at Washington
04/21/10: OCI and PPs back

gee24,
i will send you an email with my contact info. I assume you were not able to contact embassy in phone. After several tries i got through.

Tsb

congrats tsb for getting the passports with stamp.

Hopefully mine is also on the way,

thanks for calling and keep in touch.

Gee24

Gee24,Speedy
I want to update all of you in the forum. I received my passports(family of 4) with OCI today in the UPS. I got them around 10:20 A.M today. It looks like they misplaced these set of passports somewhere and traced them yesterday. There were lot of anxious moments in this process. So many twists and turns. Finally it is over now. I want to thank Speedy, Gee24,kGirish1 and everyone who were supportive and for their encouraging words during this period. It appears some of the passports are misplaced and they were traced back yesterday. It seems some of us will get them quick some will take longer, longer... Embassy uses UPS. Even though i sent self addressed FedEX, they didn't use it. I sent $20 Money order as Mail fee. They used UPS.

Again thank you all for your support. I wish all of the guys good luck. The following is my time line.

Date Of Acknowledgment 19-FEB-2010
Registration Status Granted On 11-MAR-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 26-FEB-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 11-MAR-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 12-MAR-2010
Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 20-MAR-2010
Passports sent to Washington : 22-March-2010
Passports received in Washington : 23-Marh-2010
Passports received with OCI : 21-Apr-2010 (10:20 AM)

Congrats tsb. Good that you did not have to go through reapplying for us pp and psssibly redo oci. I think you should now send them over a Phd degree for researching to trace your passports ... :))

Gee24,Speedy
I want to update all of you in the forum. I received my passports(family of 4) with OCI today in the UPS. I got them around 10:20 A.M today. It looks like they misplaced these set of passports somewhere and traced them yesterday. There were lot of anxious moments in this process. So many twists and turns. Finally it is over now. I want to thank Speedy, Gee24,kGirish1 and everyone who were supportive and for their encouraging words during this period. It appears some of the passports are misplaced and they were traced back yesterday. It seems some of us will get them quick some will take longer, longer... Embassy uses UPS. Even though i sent self addressed FedEX, they didn't use it. I sent $20 Money order as Mail fee. They used UPS.

Again thank you all for your support. I wish all of the guys good luck. The following is my time line.

Date Of Acknowledgment 19-FEB-2010
Registration Status Granted On 11-MAR-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 26-FEB-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 11-MAR-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 12-MAR-2010
Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 20-MAR-2010
Passports sent to Washington : 22-March-2010
Passports received in Washington : 23-Marh-2010
Passports received with OCI : 21-Apr-2010 (10:20 AM)

Congrats tsb for geting OCI / Passport back after so much hard work.
Gee24 hopefully you should also have them back by Monday.
Even though Indian embassy is not replying by email or attending phone calls one thing is sure someone from dc Indian embassy is keeping eye on this forum.
It appears from previous posts UPS is best with Washington DC Embassy.

GK

I agree with GK. some one is keeping an eye on this forum and some one is reading the emails sent to Ociwashington. they may be not responding to the email but they read them.
Using UPS is best with Embassy in washington. Keep the tracking number handy,don't throw away until you get your passports back. I hope they might have found some more PP's while tracing mine. I hope they will find Gee24's too. Some one misplaced some work. Gee24 should get his today or by the weekend. Good Luck Gee24.

tsb

I agree with GK. some one is keeping an eye on this forum and some one is reading the emails sent to Ociwashington. they may be not responding to the email but they read them.
Using UPS is best with Embassy in washington. Keep the tracking number handy,don't throw away until you get your passports back. I hope they might have found some more PP's while tracing mine. I hope they will find Gee24's too. Some one misplaced some work. Gee24 should get his today or by the weekend. Good Luck Gee24.

tsb

tsb,
Congratulations! I think you not only got yours, but helped the few of the 'unfortunates' (with your persistent efforts) who are/were hanging in the limbo. Eventhough I don't believe the conspiracy theories about some embassy folks keeping an eye on this forum, I hope they really do and learn something out of it. Really they don't have to 'keep an eye' on this forum.
All they have to do is put some extra fields in the same OCI status form, provide the date when they sent
back the PP's and provide the damn tracking# (UPS or whatever). I mean they are already providing all the
other updated dates....how hard can it be to provide 2 more fields!!!? Based on numerous posts in this forum,
they seem to prefer UPS over every other carrier. I am guessing they can buy some UPS bar code scanners and
scan them to get the tracking#s faster?? I am 100% sure that if they start charging for providing those two
fields, most of the applicants would be more than glad to pay to get that information.
That will cut down the anxiety/anguish for 99% of the applicants. Rest of the 'unfortunates' nothing can be
done unless the embassy folks go through some process improvements.

Anyways, I am really glad it finally worked out for you. You can open the champagne bottle now :)
Hopefully you raised enough hell with them that they don't misplace any more PP's. Hopefully Gee24 will get back
his soon and no-one else's falls through the cracks.

Cheers,
speedy

Tsb :

Not received my passports with stamp in todays mail also...... I am the odd man out in the bunch.

May be tomorrow............but i will be travelling until monday afternoon.....and so will not know until i get back to town next monday.
Good luck to every one.

GEE24

01/23/10 : Mailed to Wash.
03/03/10: Acknowledged
03/10/10: Scanned
03/16/10: Granted
03/17/10: Printed
03/19/10: Dispatched from Delhi
03/23/10: Recd @ Wash.: Mailed US Passports to Wash
03/24/10: My Passports were sent to DC by over night delivery
NOT RECEIVED THE PASSPORTS BACK FROM EMBASSY SO FAR ( 04/22/10 11 AM)

Gee24, you are in NC. I guess you will get in tomorrow. I'm local so got the next day delivery. They ship them in the evening. Good luck to you.

Speedy: I hope they won't misplace few more. According to the assistant consular officer, they generally mail back in two weeks. So far most of them got in two to three weeks time. thank you for your supports words. Finally it is over. I hope they will improve the process and streamline the process. I wish you good luck.
I wish good luck to all you that are waiting.

tsb