OCI - Washington DC Tracker

I was trying to fill the online application this morning, and I think I screwed up. Here is the situation.

I am a US citizen along with my son. My husband is an Indian citizen. I wanted to apply for me and my son, so selected the family group. I entered my husband's details for spouse information, but did not realize that he will be considered an applicant also. Now after saving the information, I have 3 Form XIXs, one for each of us. How do I correct this? Can I start over and fill out a new form just for me and my son?

Please advice.

Start from the beginning and generate a new set of forms with only yours and your child's application. The previously generated forms can be destroyed.

Start from the beginning and generate a new set of forms with only yours and your child's application. The previously generated forms can be destroyed.

Thanks...what happens to the previous information that was saved in their database (according to the website after I submitted the information). Is it OK to have multiple sets of information?

Thanks...what happens to the previous information that was saved in their database (according to the website after I submitted the information). Is it OK to have multiple sets of information?

Doesn't matter, it never gets processed as an application.

Thanks for the help. But I am not asking anyone to do the work for me.
I know you are the moderator, but KINDLY use better tone when you post.

I don't see anything wrong in Akgarg's post. Still you haven't listed what you had in your mind. You didn't list the things that you see different in embassy list. I don't think you got what Akgarg is mentioning.

You are expecting everyone to post their list of things they sent. Assume that there are 1000 people sent the package since the beginning of the year. If they all respond to your request and list the things then this forum will become useless. But on the other hand if you list the things you want couple of people will respond to you and everyone will be happy and will not clutter the forum. I hope you got it.

Questions about OCI applications

I have some questions regarding OCI applications. I live in Maryland (jurisdiction : Indian Embassy in Washington DC) and I am US citizen.

On Part A,
Since I don't see the place of issue on my US passport, I already typed "Washington DC" on the application form (Part A) to answer the question "Place of Issue". Is it okay? (some people said "Department of State" and some people said "USA")

If it is not correct, what should I put? Since I got a reference number, I haven't mailed my applications yet. Can I use another online form again in order to correct what I typed? will I get a new reference number?

On Part B,
should I list all relatives living in India such as parents and siblings? what about cousins, uncles, and aunts?

Thanks for your help.

I have some questions regarding OCI applications. I live in Maryland (jurisdiction : Indian Embassy in Washington DC) and I am US citizen.

On Part A,
Since I don't see the place of issue on my US passport, I already typed "Washington DC" on the application form (Part A) to answer the question "Place of Issue". Is it okay? (some people said "Department of State" and some people said "USA")

If it is not correct, what should I put? Since I got a reference number, I haven't mailed my applications yet. Can I use another online form again in order to correct what I typed? will I get a new reference number?

On Part B,
should I list all relatives living in India such as parents and siblings? what about cousins, uncles, and aunts?

Thanks for your help.

You can fill another online form and use 'Dept. of State' as place of issue - it'll generate a new #. You can safely ignore the earlier application and #.

In Part B, just write one parent's info. That's what I did and there were no issues.

You can fill another online form and use 'Dept. of State' as place of issue - it'll generate a new #. You can safely ignore the earlier application and #.

In Part B, just write one parent's info. That's what I did and there were no issues.

Thanks. One more thing: Do I have to make a copy of whole passport books (every page of each passport -2 Indian passports (expired Indian passport and unexpired Indian passport attached together) and US passport)? or just one page where bio information details show?

Thanks. One more thing: Do I have to make a copy of whole passport books (every page of each passport -2 Indian passports (expired Indian passport and unexpired Indian passport attached together) and US passport)? or just one page where bio information details show?

Just the bio info pages from US passport and last Indian passport.

thanks, akgarg. will Indian embassy in DC accept Fedex or US Express Mail with tracking method? Thanks.

It should not matter which method you use to send them the application. Both allow you to track online and see when your package was delivered.

thanks akgarg.

Last thing:

I am little confused about photos.

Instructions said 3 photos should be attached or pasted.

Should one photograph be affixed (pasted with glue) on the original form's part A? and should second photo be affixed on the duplicate form's part A? what about third photo? just attach third photo with paper clip?

thanks.

To Anyone applied for OCI between June 1, 2009 and July 31, 2009:

Please post timeline including mailing date, delivery date, acknowledgment date, etc.

I sent my applications on July 3rd.

Thanks.

I donot see any update on the OCI status (applied on Jun 10th). Any suggestions?

Hey rajarajan3, any updates on your status. did you get any acknowledgment? Please let me know. Thanks.

I hope they deposit my cashier check which is valid for 30 days so they can process my OCI applications.

Anyone, please post if you have received any acknowledgment. Thanks! :)

OCI - Washington DC. Do they update for Application Received status?

We just submitted our application June 26, 2009
Application is delivered as per FedEx.

But, I do not see any status update on OCI site (using the online reg number).
Do they even acknowledge that they had received the application?

How long does it take for them to change the status to “Application Received” or something like that?

Thanks

We just submitted our application June 26, 2009
Application is delivered as per FedEx.

But, I do not see any status update on OCI site (using the online reg number).
Do they even acknowledge that they had received the application?

How long does it take for them to change the status to “Application Received” or something like that?

Thanks

Please look at the postings in Washington DC tracker thread for possible answers based on time lines of other posters, and that's where this post also belongs. I'll merge the two.

Is this normal???

This is my daughter's timeline

05/28/09 :Application Package Shipped
06/01/09 :Application revd (UPS Tracking)
06/12/09 :Date Of Acknowledgment

No updates yet... Do I need to wait or call/email???