Date Of Acknowledgment: 27-FEB-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 03-MAR-2008
Registration Status Granted On 25-MAR-2008
Documents Printed On 26-MAR-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 28-MAR-2008
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET
Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 08-APR-2008

And it is only 07-APR-2008 today! :)
Looks like the received date shown here the the date in India when the status is updated.
Now I'm off to mail the passports to them!

Yes, all the dates shown on the Online status page are IST. I got email from CGISF on March 12 saying our docs had been received, but the Online page showed March 13th for the same.

status update

Apr 08th'08 - Registration status granted, Document status printed, Not dispatched yet ...

Spouse OCI process complete -
Mailed to Washington DC on: Feb 19 2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: 27-FEB-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 03-MAR-2008
Registration Status Granted On 25-MAR-2008
Documents Printed On 26-MAR-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 28-MAR-2008
Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 08-APR-2008

Mailed US and Indian passports to DC on Apr-09-2008
Received at DC on Apr-10-2008 morning
Received Passports and OCI booklet back from DC on Apr-11-2008.

That was some phenomenal turnaround time from the Embassy at DC!

Mailed all OCI docs to Washington DC on March 17
OCI Application Recvd in DC on March 18

Date Of Acknowledgment 26-MAR-2008
Registration Status UnderProcess
Photo/Signature Scanned On 31-MAR-2008
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED

update since april 1:
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 25-APR-2008
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 25-APR-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED

OCI:
Feb 28th'08 Mailed | Feb 29th'08 Received Application | Mar 05th'08 Acknowledged | Mar 15th'08 Photo/Signature Scanned |Apr 8th'08 status Granted |Apr 10th'08 Doc. Dispatched |Apr 21'st Doc received in DC | Apr 22'nd Mailed PP's to DC embassy with posatge paid Priority mail return envelope| Apr 23'rd received Embassy recieved PP's| Apr 26'th received OCI card and visa stamped US PP and cancelled Indian PP. The process took 58 days.

Guys, do I need to send the mailing fees of $20 (OCI DC) as well as a self-addressed envelope. I remember seeing this on the website. Can you please confirm? Thanks

Guys, do I need to send the mailing fees of $20 (OCI DC) as well as a self-addressed envelope. I remember seeing this on the website. Can you please confirm? Thanks

If you have not yet applied, then add the mailing fee of $20 to the apllication fee and get only one cashiers check made.
Else if you did not add mailing fee ealier then when you send your passport for OCI sticker then send along a cashiers check for $20.
As for self addressed envelope, I sent one with app form and also one when I sent the passports, but they did not use either :)
But then, the envelopes are cheap so I didnt care. I would rather send extra stuff than be stuck because of less stuff.

Thanks alt. I haven't applied yet but will as soon as the passport lands on my door. Just getting prepared for the cumbersome rules.

Sriabap

I did not send the 20$ cashier check when applying or when sending the PP's to the embassy, when I called them they said if you send a prepaid envelope then you do not have to send the 20$ CC. Sounded like a fair deal and costed me only 5$ for priority mail return envelope with tracking. Savings of 15$. It worked for me. But this was Washington DC embassy. You might want to check with your embassy if this would work. Also if yours is DC embassy, call them and make sure if they still accept it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ssk

I appreciate the detailed response. Yes, mine would be DC office. I will check with them.

Sent in my OCI application today to DC. Boy, is this the easiest application form that I have filled from Indian Government or what. This is much simpler than the application form for Indian visa.

The documents I sent are Part A & B in duplicate with 5 photos, money order for $275, photocopies of Indian PP / US PP, cover letter and drivers license copy. I did not mail the return envelope or $20 mailing fee. Did mention in the cover letter that I will send it when they return my documents.

Now the waiting begins.

took me 58 days

Sent in my OCI application today to DC. Boy, is this the easiest application form that I have filled from Indian Government or what. This is much simpler than the application form for Indian visa.

The documents I sent are Part A & B in duplicate with 5 photos, money order for $275, photocopies of Indian PP / US PP, cover letter and drivers license copy. I did not mail the return envelope or $20 mailing fee. Did mention in the cover letter that I will send it when they return my documents.

Now the waiting begins.

But I read someplace for some of 'em it took only 45 days for processing thru DC embassy. Keep tracking your application using your acknowledgement number using link https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp. Good luck to you for a speedy process.

Done. - in less than two months at DC

Registration Status Granted On 29-APR-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 02-APR-2008
Documents Printed On 29-APR-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 01-MAY-2008
Documents Received at WASHINGTON 12-MAY-2008

Sent our US passports on 13-MAY-2008
Received passports and OCI cards on 17-MAY-2008

One more OCI App

Hello everyone, :)

Following the usual trend, I am moving from the N-400 -> to US Passport -> to OCI Tracker thread for the Washington DC and will keep updating with my progress:

Mailed to Washington DC on: May 27th, 2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: --
Photo/Signature Scanned:--
Registration Status Granted:--
Documents Printed:--

Thanks,

Completed.

Was out on vacation when approval came. Will be mailing in passport to DC shortly. Do I need to send my old Indian passport as well? Many thanks! :)

Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 25-APR-2008
Documents Printed On 25-APR-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 29-APR-2008
Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 05-MAY-2008

Received Acknowledgement

My file is being acknowledged by the OCI Enquiry Form, 12 days after I had mailed to DC Embassy:

Mailed to Washington DC on: May 27th, 2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: June 10th, 2008
Photo/Signature Scanned:--
Registration Status Granted:--
Documents Printed:--