OCI - Washington DC Tracker

What is Acknowledgement date?

Hi SRK,

If you don't get acknowledgement from embassy, how you know File No, in order to make online status query.

I thought they will reply to us in an envelop that we sent along with OCI application.
Thanks.

Need Help

Can I send original INDIAN passport for cancellation along with my OCI application? If yes will they send the passports(old and new Indian passports as I had to renew my old passport couple years back) back marking that it has been cancelled or will they keep it to themselves.

Are the following documents enough for OCI application:

1. OCI application filled out
2. Copy of US passport (self attested)
3. 5 passport size pictures
4. 275$ CC

Do I have to send a copy of the naturalized certificate?
Also what needs to be done for the return postage, Do I have to add money with the CC for the return postage etc.,

Sumdaram

When you apply for OCI (fill out Form A online and hit submit) , it would create an online registration number. You have to use it in the second text box (in the inquiry site) until you get your application acknowledged and get file number.

Hope this helps.

OK. I got it.

My acknowlegement date is 01/29/2008.
Photo/Signature scanned date 02/14/2008.

Thanks for your clarification.[/QUOTE
Hi Sudaraman,

Sorry, I was not checking this for a while becoz of work busy..

Looks like you got it now, and we both are in similar time-lines.

Good luck!!

--SRK

Status update:

Status update:

Mailed OCI application for family of 4: 01-18-2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: 01-30-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned: 02-18-2008
Granted: 03/01/08
printed: 03/01/08
Dispatched on : 03/03/08

Guys, what's next step?

Do I need to send US passports and Indian passport for the family in the regular mail?

Do we have option to visit/walk-in for stamping at Embassy?

If we need to send by mail, do I need to send the returned envelope and postage also? I believe, I sent the self Addressed envelope and the amount for postage when we applied for OCI, Does that cover now?

Thanks,
SRK

Status update:

Mailed OCI application for family of 4: 01-18-2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: 01-30-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned: 02-18-2008
Granted: 03/01/08
printed: 03/01/08
Dispatched on : 03/03/08

Guys, what's next step?

Do I need to send US passports and Indian passport for the family in the regular mail?

Do we have option to visit/walk-in for stamping at Embassy?

If we need to send by mail, do I need to send the returned envelope and postage also? I believe, I sent the self Addressed envelope and the amount for postage when we applied for OCI, Does that cover now?

Thanks,
SRK

Wait for the documents received , Once it is received you can send it or drop it personally in Embassy.

I got the passports and OCI

Congratulations!!

Did you mailed the passports, or went in person?

If you have mailed, I am wondering how you did it? Do we need to send just passports (US passports, Indian Passports to be cancelled, PIO if any) or any thing else? and sent by priority mail (USPS) etc? Do we need to include the self addressed envelope also?

Mine is granted and printed on 3/1
Mailed to DC on 3/3
Not received to DC yet.

Please throw some light.

Thanks,
SRK

status

Sent Feb 28th
Acknowledged - March 5th
Photo/Signature Scanned - March 15th(today is the 14th and in India it would be the 15th but way before office hours, not sure how this date is calculated, may be it is an anticipated date of scanning provided by Indian embassy DC)

Hi Orissa,

I am applying for PIO card for my newborn son at Washington Indian Embassy through mail, and after going thru some of the threads related to this topic and washington Indian Embassy website regarding applying PIO by mail i have few doubts which requires clarification urgently.Any help in this regard by the members of this forum will be very helpful to me and it will be highly appreciated in all the aspect.Thanks in advance for your valuable clarifications.

1 ) What are all the documents i need to send along with PIO application form to Washington Indian Embassy if i am applying by mail?

2 ) Whether i need to send my son USA ORIGINAL passport by mail to Washington Indian Embassy or photo copy is enough? will it be safe if i need to send the original USA passport by mail? and after processing PIO card for my son how embassy will return back my son USA original passport to me?

3 ) what are all the documents needs to be notarized while sending PIO application thru mail?

Regards

Congratulations!!

Did you mailed the passports, or went in person?

If you have mailed, I am wondering how you did it? Do we need to send just passports (US passports, Indian Passports to be cancelled, PIO if any) or any thing else? and sent by priority mail (USPS) etc? Do we need to include the self addressed envelope also?

Mine is granted and printed on 3/1
Mailed to DC on 3/3
Not received to DC yet.

Please throw some light.

Thanks,
SRK

Our documents received DC at 3/17.

Please answer my question reagrding sending passports and any other documentation to Embassy.

Thanks,
SRK

Srk_clt

Our documents received DC at 3/17.

Please answer my question reagrding sending passports and any other documentation to Embassy.

Thanks,
SRK

The person who attended the phone said, not to come in person, but mail the CC for 20$ if you have not done it along with the OCI application, a self addressed return envelope, your US PP, Indian PP's(to be cancelled) and a letter saying that this is the reference #, Acknowledgement #, Name address etc and the online status says that the OCI document has been received by DC emabassy on such and such date. You will receive everything back including your Indian PP's marked cancelled in them. No other documents need to be sent.

Spouse OCI -
Mailed to Washington DC on: Feb 19 2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: 27-FEB-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 03-MAR-2008
Registration Status Granted On 25-MAR-2008
Documents Printed On 26-MAR-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 28-MAR-2008
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET

Mailed all OCI docs to Washington DC on March 17
OCI Application Recvd in DC on March 18

Date Of Acknowledgment 26-MAR-2008
Registration Status UnderProcess
Photo/Signature Scanned On 31-MAR-2008
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET

Wow, that is a fast turnaround time for getting your application acknowledged. The Houston consulate seems to be about 2 months.