OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Mailed my application on May 19. So far no ack date. I go to online enquiry, it says, the file has not been acknowledged yet. Also, the check I have sent with the application has not been cashed yet. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks Koolvik7. Normally when do they cash the checks that we sent along with the application?.

Frankly, I have no idea as I never tracked this aspect. Perhaps someone else has insight into this or they had tracked when was the OCI Payment processed by the Embassy?

You may want to follow up as my file got acknowledged on July 3rd. Shows status as under processing.

Application Status:

Applied on line 06/10/2008
Mailed application to Washington DC 06/23/2008
File Acknowledged : 07/03/2008
Registration Status Granted On ?
Photo/Signature Scanned On ?
Documents Printing Status ?
Documents Printed On ?
Documents Despatched From Delhi On ?
Documents Received at WASHINGTON ?

One more update in the OCI tracking... just the last step remaining now.

Mailed to Washington DC on: May 27th, 2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: June 10th, 2008
Photo/Signature Scanned:July 3rd, 2008
Registration Status Granted: July 9th, 2008
Documents Printed: July 9th, 2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On: July 11th, 2008

Hey Koolvik7 et. al.

the $295 ($275 - OCI Processing fee + $20 Mailing) can it be on one cashier check/money order? Or it has to be on separate cashier check/money order ?

thks,

Scroll, you can include your fees together (as one amount) just in one check/money order. Even if you had multiple applications (OCI for you or your wife + PIO for your kids), it can all be included in one check/money order.

In the home strectch, I will mail the passports (Indian and US) to the embassy tomorrow.

Mailed to Washington DC on: May 27th, 2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: June 10th, 2008
Photo/Signature Scanned:July 3rd, 2008
Registration Status Granted: July 9th, 2008
Documents Printed: July 9th, 2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On: July 11th, 2008
Documents Received at WASHINGTON July 17th, 2008

Koolvik,

By check you meant cashier check ?
No personal check accepted for OCI processing right ?

I suggest you buy moneyorder from post office . It's less of a hassle than a cashier's check. ( Mainly because my PO is open till 9 PM so don't have to leave work to get one)

Also it cost like $2 and some cents for the money order. Usually cashier's check's are more expensive.

I suggest you buy moneyorder from post office . It's less of a hassle than a cashier's check. ( Mainly because my PO is open till 9 PM so don't have to leave work to get one)

Also it cost like $2 and some cents for the money order. Usually cashier's check's are more expensive.

I depends on where you bank - my credit union allows up to 2 free cashier's checks every month. Also, most places that sell MOs will only take cash (no credit cards or personal checks), so you have to first withdraw the money. At the bank/CU, it's automatic debit to your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scanned... Progress after 3 weeks of inaction. Now it should move along very quickly (based on the other posts)...

I depends on where you bank - my credit union allows up to 2 free cashier's checks every month. Also, most places that sell MOs will only take cash (no credit cards or personal checks), so you have to first withdraw the money. At the bank/CU, it's automatic debit to your account.

PO take Debit card