OCI - San Francisco Tracker

I think this should still be ok. Since your wife is not applying for OCI with you.

Hello all,
For Part B, question #21, I wrote the answer as 'No close family members living in India'. Seems like this is wrong since my wife's parents and brothers still live in India. Is my answer OK or will this be a major issue?

I thought this question was related to the immediate family of the person applying for OCI like the OCI Applicants spouse and children.

Can someone please respond? GC2NATZ or gc_line or anybody else.

Finally done

We (spouse, son and me) received our OCI booklet, US Passports with OCI sticker, renunciation certificate and Indian Passport (cancelled) today 9/21/2011.

Here is our Full timeline.

08/13/2011 11:32pm PST Service order form completed online
08/17/2011 4:23pm PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
08/19/2011 9:52am PST Application assigned for processing
08/19/2011 2:38pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
08/22/2011 9:54am PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
08/24/2011 8:51am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/24/2011 10:27am PST Documents received by Consulate
08/29/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India
09/09/2011 7:13pm PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
09/12/2011 9:31am PST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
09/12/2011 4:05pm PST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
09/13/2011 8:48am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
09/13/2011 10:49am PST Documents received by Consulate
09/16/2011 3:04pm PST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
09/16/2011 3:12pm PST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

MHA details:
Date Of Acknowledgment 24-AUG-2011
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 25-AUG-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 25-AUG-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 26-AUG-2011

Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 30-AUG-2011
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET

Its funny that the MHA website still says the the documents have not been received at SFO even today :)

Thanks GC2NATZ. Actually my wife is applying for OCI. I am just assisting her. She is the ONLY applicant for OCI and I got my OCI almost 4 years back.

Need Help

Can some one post the procedure to complete oci application. I have printed OCI application and completed part B. The confusing part is how many copies needed - original we OCI app and part B and one more copy of that. Before we had to send the us passport now its not required - did the rules change.

I really appreicate if some can send me the steps so i can send my application and successfully recieve OCI :)

I am applying for Family - also my indian passport name is xxx xxxkumar xxx and my us passport is xxx xxx xxx - so kumar is missing. Will this create problem as its my middle name which differs?

Thanks in advance

So the application for OCI & the renunication can be sent at the same time? I can't believe Govt of India added the renunciation cert crap. Wasn't that way when I applied for OCI 4 years ago.

Thanks GC2NATZ. Actually my wife is applying for OCI. I am just assisting her. She is the ONLY applicant for OCI and I got my OCI almost 4 years back.

Not a big deal, I don't think the answer to this question matters.
I've applied for myself, and my wife separately, and my kids separately - my parents who I put down as relatives in India were never contacted.
I wish India had a Reduction Of Paperwork Act like the US, where government can't ask for information that is not relevant, and the US Govt. can never ask for duplicate copies of paperwork cause it would place undue burden on the public.

Can some one post the procedure to complete oci application. I have printed OCI application and completed part B. The confusing part is how many copies needed - original we OCI app and part B and one more copy of that. Before we had to send the us passport now its not required - did the rules change.

I really appreicate if some can send me the steps so i can send my application and successfully recieve OCI :)

I am applying for Family - also my indian passport name is xxx xxxkumar xxx and my us passport is xxx xxx xxx - so kumar is missing. Will this create problem as its my middle name which differs?

Thanks in advance

When applying as a family, Once you complete application, and complete Part B, and include all the attachments, Take one copy of everything and include it with the application (including the copy of the money order), attach real photos to the copy though.

Few years ago when they started accepting applications for OCI - US passports were not required to be mailed with the application.
Once the processing was outsourced to Travisa, then they changed the policy that US passports were required with the application. Then they changed the policy again, and now the US passports are not required. You need to send them seperately once OCI is approved and documents are received by the Consulate/Embassy.

Does your Natz cert name include xxxkumar as middle name? If yes then you should have no problems. Indian govt. is quite forgiving about emissions of suffixes like kumar and bhai after your name on your US passport, as long as the name on the Natz cert matches your old Indian Passport.
If you requested the name change - then depending on when you became a citizen you should have a separate paper indicating name change or the reverse side of your Natz certificate should be endorsed with the name change. Include a copy of that with your application.
If all that does not work for OCI, and you did not change your name during Natz ceremony, and the name on your Natz cert does not match Indian Passport, your only option would be to file a N-565 to correct name on your Natz certificate and then apply for OCI. (N-565 can take up to a year to process)

It took exactly a month since they received it.

11/15 OCI application received by Travisa
11/16 Payment processed
11/16 Documents prepared
11/17 Documents dispatched
11/17 Documents received by Consulate
11/22 Pending approval
12/01 OCI card received from Delhi. Waiting for original passport
12/05 Mail package acknowledged
12/06 Passport prepared to go to Consulate at Outsourcing Office
12/07 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
12/07 Documents received by Consulate
12/13 Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Waiting for mail courier pickup.
12/13 Mailed out [But it was mailed only on 12/14]
12/15 Passports received

Code:
Date Of Acknowledgment                     17-NOV-2011
Photo/Signature at Mission :	 Scanned On        19-NOV-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On     19-NOV-2011
Documents Printing Status	PRINTED On         22-NOV-2011
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On  28-NOV-2011
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO 	  NOT YET

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI + Ren filed

Travisa:

11/08/2011 5:20pm PST Service order form completed online
11/23/2011 12:25pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
11/23/2011 3:06pm PST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
11/25/2011 9:09am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
11/25/2011 7:11pm PST Documents received by Consulate

MHA:
Date Of Acknowledgment: 24-NOV-2011
Registration Status at Mission : UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status:
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ):

Updates from Travisa site:

11/23/2011 12:25pm PST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
11/25/2011 9:09am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
11/30/2011 2:00pm PST Pending approval of the Government of India

Updates from MHA:

Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned on 29-NOV-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 29-NOV-2011
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED On 30-NOV-2011
OCI No. xxxx Visa No. xxxxxx
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On NOT DISPATCHED

OCI dispatched from MHA

Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 30-NOV-2011

Documents Received at CHICAGO NOT YET

You are right milli, my documents dispatched date changed today:

Updates from Travisa site:

Updates from MHA:

Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned on 29-NOV-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 29-NOV-2011
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED On 30-NOV-2011
OCI No. xxxx Visa No. xxxxxx
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 07-DEC-2011

milli: did you get ur OCI from Delhi? Did you actually receive your passports back after stamping? How long does it take in transit from India to US?

Urgent Question about sending passports upon getting OCI approval emails

Finally I got the approval emails this evening. Question:

1. I got two separate OCI bar codes, looks like they expect me to send my and wife's passports in two different envelopes. Well that sucks, how have others handled it. Well the original application could be sent together, so i was assuming i would send the original passports also together.
2. Is Travisa open on Saturday, so if I ship something overnight, will they get it on Saturday or is it better sending for it to arrive on Monday.
Would like to avoid too much "in-transit" time for original passports.

1. I got two separate OCI bar codes, looks like they expect me to send my and wife's passports in two different envelopes. Well that sucks, how have others handled it. Well the original application could be sent together, so i was assuming i would send the original passports also together.
2. Is Travisa open on Saturday, so if I ship something overnight, will they get it on Saturday or is it better sending for it to arrive on Monday.
Would like to avoid too much "in-transit" time for original passports.

1. I applied for myself so don't know about it. I know it sucks but I would send them separately if they have specifically asked for it.

2. I don't think they are open on weekends.

OCI - All done

Took 30 days from the time travisa got the Passports to finally get it back to me on 12/23. Stellar service overall.

12/15/2011 4:38pm PST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
12/19/2011 9:50am PST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
12/19/2011 3:23pm PST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
12/20/2011 8:31am PST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
12/20/2011 11:14am PST Documents received by Consulate
12/21/2011 4:26pm PST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Waiting for mail courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
12/21/2011 4:39pm PST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day.

I am all done with my US citizenship plus OCI now. Thanks to this forum for all the great support. Best of luck to all.

This time for the spouse and kids and it took less than a month for the whole process

12/30 OCI application received by Travisa
01/03 Payment processed
01/03 Documents prepared
01/05 Documents dispatched to Consulate
01/05 Documents received by Consulate
01/10 Pending approval
01/18 OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi
01/19 Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
01/19 Passport prepared to go to Consulate
01/20 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
01/20 Documents received by Consulate
01/24 Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Waiting for mail courier pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
01/24 Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day. (But passport was mailed only on 01/25)

Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 05-JAN-2012
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 05-JAN-2012
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 06-JAN-2012
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 11-JAN-2012
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO 18-JAN-2012

Last edited by a moderator:

How did you finally mailed them back? Used different envelopes or one envelop?