OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Hi speakamericano,

Any tips for visiting Travisa office in SFO?
Drive/Train/Bus?
Where to park?
Is parking free?
Which floor/building to collect OCI?
Sign in or any other thing?
Any other useful tip?

Thanks,

Hi speakamericano,

Any tips for visiting Travisa office in SFO?
Drive/Train/Bus?
Where to park?
Is parking free?
Which floor/building to collect OCI?
Sign in or any other thing?
Any other useful tip?

Thanks,

I drive there everytime. I've had my car towed in San Francisco once and it cost me almost $450.00 to take it out. So, I park at the garage that's by the bart station. I think it's by 5th street. Parking costs about 6-8 bucks depending on how long you park for. For me, I'd rather pay 8 bucks than 450. You never know what may happen to your car at San Francisco as there's so many tow trucks hanging out on Mission St. Be careful if you park on the street, the signs say NO PARKING HOURS from 4:00PM till 7 or 8PM. If you park at the garage you don't have to worry about going to the meter every hour to put $3.50 in it.
You collect the OCI on the first floor. They open the doors sharp at 4:30pm. When you enter that door, just RUSH to the wall by the TV. You can actually skip a few people who go there the first time and don't know the OCI line. No need to sign in. Just come well prepared, a copy of your Travisa Updates page stating your stuff was received at Travisa. I'd strongly advice you if you're picking up the documents to wait for an additional day as they sometimes require an extra day to bring the documents into the box.
Restrooms are on the 3rd floor. If you need to go. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor, when you get out of the elevator, turn left. Go straight, the door is closed, but it's not locked. you can open it and the restrooms are to the right.
I would not advise parking on 6th street as there's too many hookers or pimps hanging out there.
Watch out for undercover cops. DO not make an illegal turn, come around instead. It's all blocks. Be careful with a bunch of one-way streets.
Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
idk & speakamericano,

Thanks for the detailed information this will be very useful when I visit them ... though I don't know when ... wait is on ... exactly 1 month today and current status is granted (MHA).

I drive there everytime. I've had my car towed in San Francisco once and it cost me almost $450.00 to take it out. So, I park at the garage that's by the bart station. I think it's by 5th street. Parking costs about 6-8 bucks depending on how long you park for. For me, I'd rather pay 8 bucks than 450. You never know what may happen to your car at San Francisco as there's so many tow trucks hanging out on Mission St. Be careful if you park on the street, the signs say NO PARKING HOURS from 4:00PM till 7 or 8PM. If you park at the garage you don't have to worry about going to the meter every hour to put $3.50 in it.
You collect the OCI on the first floor. They open the doors sharp at 4:30pm. When you enter that door, just RUSH to the wall by the TV. You can actually skip a few people who go there the first time and don't know the OCI line. No need to sign in. Just come well prepared, a copy of your Travisa Updates page stating your stuff was received at Travisa. I'd strongly advice you if you're picking up the documents to wait for an additional day as they sometimes require an extra day to bring the documents into the box.
Restrooms are on the 3rd floor. If you need to go. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor, when you get out of the elevator, turn left. Go straight, the door is closed, but it's not locked. you can open it and the restrooms are to the right.
I would not advise parking on 6th street as there's too many hookers or pimps hanging out there.
Watch out for undercover cops. DO not make an illegal turn, come around instead. It's all blocks. Be careful with a bunch of one-way streets.
Good Luck!

My brother and his family's OCI cards were received by Travisa today and were mailed out via Fedex as well today. They were dispatched from india on May 16

My brother and his family's OCI cards were received by Travisa today and were mailed out via Fedex as well today. They were dispatched from india on May 16
In my case it took them 12 days to receive the documents at San Francisco Embassy.
Docs dispatched April 29th
Docs Received at SF May 12th...

Your brother's case is progressing very fast.

Gundas, would you know if the online status on Travisa's and MHA's website reflected this? Mine was also dispatched from India on May 16 and so far no change in status.

Hello,

I applied for my kids' OCI and the status is as below for both kids on Travisa website.

Date/Time Action
04/3/2011 9:36pm PST Service order form completed online
04/13/2011 3:05pm PST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
04/25/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/30/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
05/02/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
05/2/2011 Documents received by Consulate
05/05/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India

On the OCI enquiry website, it says for one of my kids:
---------------------
Date Of Acknowledgment 01-MAY-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On 03-MAY-2011
Registration Status Granted On 03-MAY-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 14-MAY-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 16-MAY-2011
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET
-------------------------
But for the other kid, it says:
---------------------------
Date Of Acknowledgment 01-MAY-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On 03-MAY-2011
Registration Status Granted On 03-MAY-2011
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET
-------------------------

The applications were sent at the same time, but one OCI has been printed and sent and the other one is still not printed. Anyone face such an issue? We are traveling in June 2nd week and hence I am worried. Also, how long does it take for the OCI to reach the consulate after dispatch?

Thanks for your insights.

Regards

The applications were sent at the same time, but one OCI has been printed and sent and the other one is still not printed. Anyone face such an issue? We are traveling in June 2nd week and hence I am worried. Also, how long does it take for the OCI to reach the consulate after dispatch?

Thanks for your insights.

Regards

My guess would be that one of the applications is printed whereas the other one is not, not yet.

The one that is printed and dispatched should reach you next week. 2 other applicants having a dispatch date of May-16 received notification from Travisa that their OCI has been mailed out today.

You should send out an email from CGI SF web site page to the consulate asking why your other application has not yet been printed.

My guess would be that one of the applications is printed whereas the other one is not, not yet.

The one that is printed and dispatched should reach you next week. 2 other applicants having a dispatch date of May-16 received notification from Travisa that their OCI has been mailed out today.

You should send out an email from CGI SF web site page to the consulate asking why your other application has not yet been printed.

In addition to IDK's message, I'd advise sending the message to N. P. Singh as well. He's the guy in charge of signing the OCI documents. You can check his email address on cgisf's website.
Good Luck.

Do I need to hit panic button yet?

I applied for OCI at SFO and the time lines are as below:

04/29/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed

05/09/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.

05/10/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

05/10/2011 Documents received by Consulate

05/13/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India

There are no further updates. Is it too early to get concerned? Any advice?

Too early to hit the panic button.

Look at people with similar timelines in immihelp tracker. Takes at-least 2 months end-to-end at SF, provided everything goes right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied for OCI at SFO and the time lines are as below:

04/29/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed

05/09/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.

05/10/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

05/10/2011 Documents received by Consulate

05/13/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India

Give it a month from 5/10/11...Check w Travisa on 6/10

Thanks for your quick responses.

I was hoping to see some acknowledgement etc as I noticed that others have such. While mine does not have even an ack. so, was wondering.

But others have ack, photo scanned, granted etc statuses either on the same day or after 1-2 days since the docs were delivered to the consulate. I understand there might be a few days delay. But was just curious.

For Online OCI Enquiry Form, is this the correct url? - http://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

On this site, I clicked on Forgotten Registration No.?..Click here and input my passport number and DOB. It returns:

Acknowledged by Mission
Acknowledgement No.# USAS*****Date 10/05/2011 Applicant FileNo. USASI****

The Acknowledgement No.# USAS***** is a link and when I click on it, it takes me to the main page with this info to the Ack field and says "Wrong File or Passport Number Please check it"

Is this normal at this point of time?

Is this the correct way to check?

But others have ack, photo scanned, granted etc statuses either on the same day or after 1-2 days since the docs were delivered to the consulate. I understand there might be a few days delay. But was just curious.

For Online OCI Enquiry Form, is this the correct url? - http://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

On this site, I clicked on Forgotten Registration No.?..Click here and input my passport number and DOB. It returns:

Acknowledged by Mission
Acknowledgement No.# USAS*****Date 10/05/2011 Applicant FileNo. USASI****

The Acknowledgement No.# USAS***** is a link and when I click on it, it takes me to the main page with this info to the Ack field and says "Wrong File or Passport Number Please check it"

Is this normal at this point of time?

Is this the correct way to check?

Once it brings you back to the main page, try clicking on the "Go" button.

If that doesn't work, you can also try doing the following ...

You can enter your passport number and online registration no and click on the "Go" button.

The online registration will also appear on your travisa order form on page 1 under the field "Consulate ID". The online registration no will also appear on your Part A OCI form, in case you have a copy of the form you filled.