OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Congrats Kalinadude. Finally you are done with it.

My OCI was despatched yesterday by FedEx. But I do not see any updates on the FedEx site. FedEx is supposed to be the best for Tracking packages and the reason they are expensive ?

Travisa received my OCI today. I will go pick it up tomorrow between 430 and 6 as those idiots need an additional day to bring the documents to the first floor. *Sign of big relief* No need to worry about OCI or a visa to India for the next 28 years. God knows what will happen when I am 50. Hopefully India will allow dual citizenship.

Travisa received my OCI today. I will go pick it up tomorrow between 430 and 6 as those idiots need an additional day to bring the documents to the first floor. *Sign of big relief* No need to worry about OCI or a visa to India for the next 28 years. God knows what will happen when I am 50. Hopefully India will allow dual citizenship.

speakamericano, did you have to call them to find out or did the online status get updated for you?

speakamericano, did you have to call them to find out or did the online status get updated for you?
It updated for me. They sent me an email saying OCI has been received at the Travisa office. I see that your documents were dispatched yesterday. It's a snail mail process coming from India, give it two weeks and additional week for travisa to receive it. Hopefully if they're quick you'll get yours by the 31st of this month. Good luck

It updated for me. They sent me an email saying OCI has been received at the Travisa office. I see that your documents were dispatched yesterday. It's a snail mail process coming from India, give it two weeks and additional week for travisa to receive it. Hopefully if they're quick you'll get yours by the 31st of this month. Good luck

Thanks speakamericano. I am hoping for the same 2 to 3 week timeline to be done. I was curious if you had to chase them, apparently not, which is a good sign.

My OCI was despatched yesterday by FedEx. But I do not see any updates on the FedEx site. FedEx is supposed to be the best for Tracking packages and the reason they are expensive ?

If FedEx has indeed picked it up, the status should have reflected online the same evening. What it possibly means is they have put your FedEx envelope on somebody's desk to be eventually mailed out.

I was going to chase them starting from tomorrow as gundas and others had already received their paperwork last week and mine wasn't there. But luckily, they received it today. It's just frustrating as I've to wait for an additional day to pick it up.

Last time when I went to pick up my renunciation documents in person at Travisa, they gave me hell of a time. I went there to pick up papers on the 8th as the online tool said it's ready to be picked up. When I get there, the guy says, "Well you applied via mail, you must provide a prepaid envelope." I said then where does it say on the website. After wasting 20 minutes there his supervisor tells me they cannot find my paperwork. So, I had to drive there again on Monday. It's frustrating to the point where I am about to smack someone. Why can't they get their shit straight. Another poster mentioned he applied for Renunciation and he only got passport back, not the renunciation certificate... He had to apply for the renunciation form again to get a renunciation certificate (hopefully he didn't have to pay extra).

I was hoping Travisa would be slightly better, but it's no better than the consulate. There's no guarantee for anything. No refunds if they lose your application. You request a return receipt for the mail you send to Travisa and it only gets returned with "M" written on it, not even person's full initials. It's frustrating for everyone to go through the "Pre-Known" hassles. Travisa was supposed to make things better, now they have a back log on the mail once again. They should multi-train people instead of having 5 guys at the Visa center and 1 guy for the OCI / PIO / Renunciation window.

Guys. Finally I got the OCI in hand :) What a big relief. Since my Fedex tracking was not updated since Monday (5/16), I got skeptical. I called up Fedex and they said the package had not been picked up yet. So I went to Travisa office today to check on it. The guy at the counter was issuing Passports along with the OCI for all those people who were waiting to pick theirs. But my situation was different in the sense that I had opted for mail back thru FedEx. But here is where I screwed it up. I had opted for Ground delivery instead of the Regular service by FedEx. So the lady sitting there next to the guy said that Ground delivery is very slow and they had picked it up only today and it will take 3 to 5 business days to be delivered. I got very nervous since we are going to India on 5/21.

But thank God, the guy looked at his system to see if my package was still there. He went inside and came back with the package. What a relief :) Then I checked all the OCI's and the U sticker for my family of 4 and they were all perfect. I just left Travisa with the Passports and OCIs.

This ends our Immigration journey. My Immigration journey started in 1996 with F1 VISA, 1999 H1B, 2004 GC, 2010 Citizenship and 2011 OCI.

Good Luck to all those who are waiting...and a BIG Thanks to idk whose message prompted me to visit Travisa today. If I had not gone today and if the FedEx guys had picked it up tomorrow, then I would be in great trouble.

Find my OCI status below:

Status on Travisa Site:

03/14/2011 Service order form completed online
03/21/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
04/04/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/04/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
04/06/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
04/06/2011 Documents received by Consulate
04/11/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India
05/13/2011 Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.
05/17/2011 Picked up the Passports and OCIs from the Travisa Office by person.

Status on Govt of India (OCI inquiry) link:

Date Of Acknowledgment: 4/6
Photo/Signature Scanned: 4/7
Registration Status :Granted on: 4/7
Documents Printing Status : Documents Printed on: 4/23
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 4/28
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO On: 5/12

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time when I went to pick up my renunciation documents in person at Travisa, they gave me hell of a time. I went there to pick up papers on the 8th as the online tool said it's ready to be picked up. When I get there, the guy says, "Well you applied via mail, you must provide a prepaid envelope." I said then where does it say on the website. After wasting 20 minutes there his supervisor tells me they cannot find my paperwork. So, I had to drive there again on Monday. It's frustrating to the point where I am about to smack someone. Why can't they get their shit straight. Another poster mentioned he applied for Renunciation and he only got passport back, not the renunciation certificate... He had to apply for the renunciation form again to get a renunciation certificate (hopefully he didn't have to pay extra).

I was hoping Travisa would be slightly better, but it's no better than the consulate. There's no guarantee for anything. No refunds if they lose your application. You request a return receipt for the mail you send to Travisa and it only gets returned with "M" written on it, not even person's full initials. It's frustrating for everyone to go through the "Pre-Known" hassles. Travisa was supposed to make things better, now they have a back log on the mail once again. They should multi-train people instead of having 5 guys at the Visa center and 1 guy for the OCI / PIO / Renunciation window.

Boy, there is some *serious* rage bottled up in you, because of Travisa. Please don't take it out on the bald guy at the OCI counter. We need him to be well for the sake of the rest of us, who will need to visit him in the near future. :)

BTW, the guy who signs as "M" on the return receipt is probably ashamed to sign his full name, which is the mail room moron, and thus the M!

Boy, there is some *serious* rage bottled up in you, because of Travisa. Please don't take it out on the bald guy at the OCI counter. We need him to be well for the sake of the rest of us, who will need to visit him in the near future. :)

BTW, the guy who signs as "M" on the return receipt is probably ashamed to sign his full name, which is the mail room moron, and thus the M!

Haha. no no rage. I come from bapu's country.. hamara Bharat.

If FedEx has indeed picked it up, the status should have reflected online the same evening. What it possibly means is they have put your FedEx envelope on somebody's desk to be eventually mailed out.

idk: This is exactly what had happened. Since I had opted for Ground delivery, they said FedEx will come to pick up packages occassionally for Ground delivery. I gave a good thought to your message and went to TraVisa yesterday and got our OCIs.

Good Luck to you buddy...

idk: This is exactly what had happened. Since I had opted for Ground delivery, they said FedEx will come to pick up packages occassionally for Ground delivery. I gave a good thought to your message and went to TraVisa yesterday and got our OCIs.

Good Luck to you buddy...

Thanks Dublinguy. Glad it all worked out, have a good trip.

When I went there at 4:20, there were about 10-12 people in line. One Uncle Ji was parking his car in the No-Parking zone. Someone was informing him not to park there. I went inside the office at 4:30. Everyone else in the line was there for a Visa pickup. There was only one person ahead of me in the OCI line. Unfortunately, he was experiencing the same problem with Travisa as I did. The online tool informed him of his paperwork being processed on the 18th and he was there to pick it up. Aaron, the bald guy at the OCI/PIO/Renunciation counter, told him to wait for 10-15 minutes as he has to go upstairs and find his paperwork. Since I was next in line, I proceeded to the counter and verified my information that it is correct, signed a paper and picked up and left. The pick up process took less than a minute. I hope the other guy who was in front of me got his paperwork from Travisa today and he doesn't have to return back the next day as I had to.
Luckily this time I waited for 24 hours for them to bring my paperwork downstairs.

Congratulations speakamericano. Did you have to take anything with you like a copy of the order form or just a picture Id, for them to release the passport and OCI?

@IDK
I took a copy of the order form as I know they can give you hell of a time without it. I had my DL on me as my ID. But the guy working there, Aaron said he remembers me and didn't even bother looking at the order form. He just handed me my paperwork.

@Dublin
Good Luck for your trip to India, have a safe one. Enjoy!!!

Last edited by a moderator: