OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Just got an email from Travisa
"Travisa Outsourcing has received your document back from Indian Consulate. We have verified that your request of OCI - New OCI Card (Adult) has been processed correctly. Your documents will now be prepared for shipment back to you. If you have not provided a prepaid air bill to ship your documents, you must do so immediately unless you are planning to pick up your documents in person."

Also on their site it now says

5/10/2011 10:33am PST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

Also on the Online OCI Enquiry Form it still says SFO still hasn't received it....
Regards

Wow Congratulations !!! Gundas. Good to hear this news. I just checked mine on both the CGI and TraVisa sites and still the same old message.

My OCI time line is same as yours - Dispatched on 28 Apr. Hopefully Travisa has our OCIs also by now. Just waiting anxiously ...

me too... i see the same old message. hopefully, dublin, i, and others will see the pick up message on travisa's website tomorrow. crossed fingers.

@gundas.. did they accept the marriage certificate for your mom's name change

Last edited by a moderator:
me too... i see the same old message. hopefully, dublin, i, and others will see the pick up message on travisa's website tomorrow. crossed fingers.

@gundas.. did they accept the marriage certificate for your mom's name change

speakamericano - they just updated her status as well and they did accept the marriage certificate as name change as status just changed to "docs prepared to go to embassy"

It took them a month to review the additional information they wanted for my mom.

Finally I see my docs received at SFO which is really good. Not sure when will Travisa status change to Docs sent by FedEx ?

My OCI Status

OCI mailed on : 3/19
OCI Recd at TraVisa : 3/21
OCI dispatched to CGI : 4/6
Date Of Acknowledgment: 4/6
Photo/Signature Scanned: 4/7
Registration Status :Granted on: 4/7
Documents Printing Status : Documents Printed on: 4/23
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 4/28
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO On: 5/12

Same here:

Should be a few more days..

@kalina and dublin...
i see the same status yaar!!! at least something changed after 14 days. it should be a week more i think... if not today, then tomorrow. now the hope has increased. i am surprised gundas' status didn't change yet he received his OCI already at travisa.

Ah! sign of relief. At least I don't have to put up with the OCI card to be re-issued until I am 50. I got 28 more years to go on the same passport!! yippie

@kalina and dublin...
i see the same status yaar!!! at least something changed after 14 days. it should be a week more i think... if not today, then tomorrow. now the hope has increased. i am surprised gundas' status didn't change yet he received his OCI already at travisa.

Status changed today to received on 12-May-2011 on the Online OCI Enquiry Form however on Travisa I get this message, and I included a Fedex slip for return receipt.

05/10/2011 10:33am PST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

05/11/2011 2:40pm PST Passport mailed out. Please note that the tracking information may not be active for up to 1 business day

fedex picked up passport from Travisa at 530pm today and will have it in my hands tomorrow by 10:30am

Updated status

Travisa:
--------
04/06/2011 : Service order form completed online
04/07/2011 : OCI application mailed via USPS
04/08/2011 : OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing
04/21/2011 : Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/27/2011 : Documents prepared to go to Embassy
04/28/2011 : Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

MHA:
-----
Date Of Acknowledgment : 28-APR-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On : 29-APR-2011
Registration Status Granted On : 29-APR-2011
Documents Printing Status : PRINTED
Documents Printed On : 13-MAY-2011

My brother and his wife and 2 kids status

Photo/Signature Scanned On: 22-APR-2011
Registration Status Granted On: 25-APR-2011
Documents Printing Status: PRINTED
Documents Printed On: 13-MAY-2011

got an email from Travisa today (5/13) saying that the OCI docs have been received by Travisa and verified and processed correctly. Will be mailed out tomorrow.
getting closer now

got an email from Travisa today (5/13) saying that the OCI docs have been received by Travisa and verified and processed correctly. Will be mailed out tomorrow.
getting closer now

Kalinadude: Congrats. Can you please confirm the time you got the mail from Travisa ? I have not recd the mail yet. The wait continues ...

Dublin, I am hoping I'd receive an email from Travisa on Monday. So far my hopes have been let down due to the snail mail processing from India.

Dublin, I am hoping I'd receive an email from Travisa on Monday. So far my hopes have been let down due to the snail mail processing from India.

Speakamericano : I guess the Consulate has many appl to process. After they send them to Travisa, those guys also verify the docs before they are ready for pick up. We do not know where our applications are struck ?

Also usually Travisa sends those mails only in the AM and not PM. I guess we need to wait for Monday.

I received the email from Travisa today (5/13 ) at 11:15am.
Also checked the Travisa site and confirmed it.
Not sure if it will be mailed from Travisa tomorrow(Saturday).

Here are the details:

OCI docs sent to Travisa : 3/23/2011
OCI docs received at Travisa SFO: 3/25/2011

Status on Travisa Site:

Order form received, payment processed: 4/11/2011
Docs prepared to go to embassy: 4/12/2011
Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate: 4/13/2011
Documents received by Consulate: 4/13/2011
Pending approval of the Government of India: 4/18/2011
Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly: 5/13/2011

Status on Govt of India (OCI inquiry) link:

Date of Acknowlegement: 4/13/2011
Photo/Signature scanned: 4/14/2011
Registration status granted: 4/15/2011
Docs printed: 4/23/2011
Docs dispatched to Mission/office: 4/28/2011
Docs received at SFO: 5/12/2011

Thanks Kalinadude for posting the complete status. I do have some good news. I just received an email from Travisa - "Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow."

It's party time now :) We are going to India on 5/21. This is the reason why I was being so nervous. Now I guess I can relax and start the travel preparation.

Speakamericano: You may receive an email shortly. Good Luck...

My Overall OCI status:

Status on Travisa Site:

03/14/2011 Service order form completed online
03/21/2011 OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing. Please allow Travisa Outsourcing up to 7 business days before the application status changes. Note that your application will undergo several steps before the status is updated.
04/04/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
04/04/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
04/06/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
04/06/2011 Documents received by Consulate
04/11/2011 Pending approval of the Government of India
05/13/2011 Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

Status on Govt of India (OCI inquiry) link:

Date Of Acknowledgment: 4/6
Photo/Signature Scanned: 4/7
Registration Status :Granted on: 4/7
Documents Printing Status : Documents Printed on: 4/23

dublin... i am counting minutes and seconds here. put me on the party list. I don't know about the OCI but my medication is ready to be picked up after one week's delay by walgreens. so i guess party time.

dublin... i am counting minutes and seconds here. put me on the party list. I don't know about the OCI but my medication is ready to be picked up after one week's delay by walgreens. so i guess party time.

speakamericano: If you do not have any travel plans immediately, you should not be anxious unlike me:) BTW I was planning to go the Consulate and Travisa on Monday to explain my situation. But now there's no need for that i guess.

dublin, I do not have travel plans, but I do need my US passport's copy for some other important documentation. That's why I am counting minutes. Hopefully it will be there by Monday and I can pick up by Tuesday. Anyways I don't need these documents until June, so there's plenty of time.