OCI - San Francisco Tracker

What happened to the refund of $155 ?

Thousands of us were stripped off $175 for Surrender certificate and then the consulate reduced the fee $20. Consulate mentioned that they would only refund the fee based on the decision by Govt. Of India.

Any decision taken? What is the status of the refunds? Appreciate your response.

This is posted on the home page of CGISFO

Cases of renunciation / surrender of passport, received/processed up to 31 May, 2010 will not be re-opened and the amount of US$ 175/- will not be refunded. No email/phone queries will be entertained in this regard.

Thousands of us were stripped off $175 for Surrender certificate and then the consulate reduced the fee $20. Consulate mentioned that they would only refund the fee based on the decision by Govt. Of India.

Any decision taken? What is the status of the refunds? Appreciate your response.

I sent OCI Application On July 30th 2010 to SFO
Received by SFO consulate on August 2nd

I have a question - In required document list sfo consulate is asking for Colored photo copies of greencard,i just had only black and white photocopies of green card.Is there any problem with it? i had to submit Greencard when i went for citizenship oath ceremony. Does anyone got rejected about black and white photocopies of greencard?Please let me know

This is my case Status
Date Of Acknowledgment 19-AUG-2010
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 20-AUG-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 19-AUG-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 20-AUG-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET

Registration status is Granted means,consulate granted OCI for me?Why are they sending to India?To stamp oci sticker on my passport in India? Any one,please let me know.

Very good research - the file number I found was USAS01038010 and i thought it changes like USAS010XX010. But looks like they do change 1 more digit -

I did some random search on the OCI Status Inquiry website. Here is my findings below:
Today they finished File (Acknowledgement) No : USAS01038510. I hope this person is not on our forum.
The numbers increase by 100 so next numbers will be USAS01038610, USAS01038710 and so on...
Normally the Consulate sf does the photo scan in the morning at 10 a.m. for the previous day acknowledged oci. Then at 12 p.m. they do the Granted status for the same and at 2p.m. onwards they start the new acknowledgement. Hence tomorrow or monday they will start file USAS01038610...

One user nitinmit or nimit9 got his oci acknowledge yesterday and scanned / granted today. His submission of OCI was on August 2, 2010. Hence the consulate was working today on submission received until August 2 and August 3. From tomorrow or Monday they will start submissions received until Aug 3 and Aug 4.

This is my independent research and I am sorry if it hurts any user on this forum. I will delete this post after 5 days just not to hurt any user on this forum. Hopefully this will help other users to go ahead and do some better research.

http://www.passport.gov.in/ site timing out :-(

The OCI Online Application Site seems to be timing out for me. Is everyone else experiencing the same issue?

Small clarification:
For each applicant , how many photo's we need . I was wondering two sets of PART-A means (one photo on each set-two of them are pasted).
Do they need any extra photo's after pasting each photo on each set.

Small clarification:
For each applicant , how many photo's we need . I was wondering two sets of PART-A means (one photo on each set-two of them are pasted).
Do they need any extra photo's after pasting each photo on each set.
Nope....no extra photos....just 2 per application pasted on the application form

On Aug 1st i submitted online OCI application and was able to print out Section B. However, I realized that RC is needed in order to go further so sent out RC application on August 9th - I am still waiting - how long does it take? My question is can I still use the same submitted application once I get the RC or I need to re-submit.

Please let me know.
Thanks

you can use the same one (unless some thing has changed since)

On Aug 1st i submitted online OCI application and was able to print out Section B. However, I realized that RC is needed in order to go further so sent out RC application on August 9th - I am still waiting - how long does it take? My question is can I still use the same submitted application once I get the RC or I need to re-submit.

Please let me know.
Thanks

Mine finally got acknowledged (for all of my family) -

Date of OCI papers sent - Aug 2
Date of OCI papers receipt at SFO - Aug 4
Date of Acknowledgement: Aug 23

Making contact with CGI SFO

Today I got a call from CGI office that my application is on hold as "we have not submitted our passports". Well, I have submitted all US passports (me and family) and current and expired Indian passports. I need to call them back to get some clarification on what is exactly missing. (hopefully, they haven't misplaced anything) They also said that I don't have a pre-paid return envelope which is plain loony.

Anyways, does anyone know if they even pick up the telephone if I call them? Would a personal visit help?

Any feedback would be much appreciated..

Today I got a call from CGI office that my application is on hold as "we have not submitted our passports". Well, I have submitted all US passports (me and family) and current and expired Indian passports. I need to call them back to get some clarification on what is exactly missing. (hopefully, they haven't misplaced anything) They also said that I don't have a pre-paid return envelope which is plain loony.

Anyways, does anyone know if they even pick up the telephone if I call them? Would a personal visit help?

Any feedback would be much appreciated..

Try emailing them at oci@cgisf.org and if that does not work after a day or so, you can visit them in person and explain your situation. They are extremely helpful if you manage to get to the OCI window (ie if you successfully get past the guard). Several people with unusual or complicated OCI issues such as yours were being helped when I was there.

Status update

Date of OCI papers sent - Aug 2
Date of OCI papers receipt at SFO - Aug 4
Date of Acknowledgement: Aug 23
Photo/Signature: Scanned on Aug 24
Documents Printing Status: Not printed

Question: How many days it take for printing?

Try emailing them at oci@cgisf.org and if that does not work after a day or so, you can visit them in person and explain your situation. They are extremely helpful if you manage to get to the OCI window (ie if you successfully get past the guard). Several people with unusual or complicated OCI issues such as yours were being helped when I was there.

Thanks for the suggestion!

On that day, I tried emailing them using the form on the CGI website. That worked! Got a call from them within a couple of hours.

Turns out, they had kept all my passports in the return envelope and that envelope got shipped by mistake !! (unsealed). They apologized for that and asked whether we can personally hand the passports over to them. They also told us to not send any return envelope and that they will bear the cost for this.

Yesterday, I got the passports. Yesterday, they acknowledged the application. Today, I handed over the passports to them personally and again, they were very nice and apologetic.

Sent to CGI: 2/Aug
Received: 3/Aug
Acknowledged: 24/Aug
Photos Scanned: 24/Aug
Granted: 25/Aug
Printed: NOT YET

Has anyone on this forum applied for RC. I have sent consulate application on Aug 9 and they received on Aug 10th. There is not acknowlegement other than they receive which i came to know from Tracking number from USPS - how long is the processing generally takes - i saw somewhere it takes 10 days it has been more than that. I am little worried and this is restricting me to apply for OCI - Thanks