OCI - San Francisco Tracker

I little note on the application #s which I found after some researching:

App #s started with USASI are for SFO office and Acknowledgment # starts with USAS0 (its zero not "O").

Last two digits in the application # indicates year when the application was received or filed or acknowledged.

Hence app no. USASI39xxx07 was applied in 2007
USAS0xxxxx08 means the app was acknowledged in 2008.

All acknowledgment #s are in serial order depending on when completed application was received.

If Online Registration Number is "USASI abcde 08" does that mean that File(Acknowledgment) No will be "UAS0 abcde 08" ?

If Online Registration Number is "USASI abcde 08" does that mean that File(Acknowledgment) No will be "UAS0 abcde 08" ?
Got my acknowledgement number today! I had mailed my application on 01/16/08.So it took about 60 days.
Also Andromeda,to answer your question above ..."If Online Registration Number is "USASI abcde 08" does that mean that File(Acknowledgment) No will be "UAS0 abcde 08" ?
"
Answer is NO,it is different.

Answer is NO,it is different.

Thanks buddy. My application got acknowledged today too!
17-MAR-2008 Date Of Acknowledgment
18-MAR-2008 Registration Status [Granted]
18-MAR-2008 Photo/Signature Scanned
18-MAR-2008 Documents Printed

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bongadi,

Quick question - HOw doe you get teh REceived and ACk date ?
REcieved date might be the date when your app was received by SF consulate - based on your mailing confirmation - right?
What is the Ack date ? How do you arrive at taht? IS it the date where your cahsier's check/money order was cashed? Or does the SF Consulate send an acknowledgement?

Hi Bongadi,

Quick question - HOw doe you get teh REceived and ACk date ?
REcieved date might be the date when your app was received by SF consulate - based on your mailing confirmation - right?
What is the Ack date ? How do you arrive at taht? IS it the date where your cahsier's check/money order was cashed? Or does the SF Consulate send an acknowledgement?

You get Ack Date by entering your file number on this URL:
http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

Andromeda,
Did you mean entering your Online Registration Number? Because thats all we have, right. The file number has in (Acknowledgement No). Why can't they have just one number!

** File(Acknowledgment) No

** Online Registration No

Yes Online Registration number. My bad. Till the time your application is not acknowledged it will say so and roughly 60 days after applying, the enquiry URL will give you more details on the status.

Well I cant comment on why cant they have one number, but I guess all Online Registration numbers don't result in applications being submitted.

Did you get back your PPs?

Here is the recent progress of our OCI

Application Received - 31-DEC-2007
Date Of Acknowledgment - 28-FEB-2008
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On - 29-FEB-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On - 29-FEB-2008
Documents Printing Status - PRINTED
Documents Despatched From
Delhi On - 03-MAR-2008
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET

JAAS:
Did you get back your passports? Want to know whats the turnaround time..

Our documents reached SFO today (3/20). We are traveling on 7th and I asked CGISF if I can pick them up in person. They said that if I send it now, they will send it back within couple of days after receving at CGISF..

Regards
Kn.

OCI Stamped

12/24/07 : OCI Docs Mailed to SFO
12/26/07 : OCI Docs Received
02/21/08 : Date Of Acknowledgment
02/21/08 : Photo/Signature Scanned
02/21/08 : Photo/Signature Scanned
02/22/08 : Registration Status Granted
02/22/08 : Documents Printed
02/26/08 : Documents Despatched From Delhi
03/13/08 : Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO
03/12/08 : Passports Mailed (US and Indian) to CGI SFO
03/13/08 : CGI SFO received Passports
03/21/08 : Received Passports and OCI Booklets

Hope this helps for tracking of OCI processing closer to the above dates.
Looks like Feb 20th thru Mar 3rd batches dispatched all got updated on March 13th.

Interesting OCI Status

I sent my application to San Francisco on Feb 16th Which is not acknowledged yet.
Today, I tried online number USASI0638508 which is acknowledged. My online number is in 03300 which is way less than that 06385. I believe this might be an influential guy who got his app acknowledged right away and getting his card. Anyone has seen antyhing like that.

I sent my application to San Francisco on Feb 16th Which is not acknowledged yet.
Today, I tried online number USASI0638508 which is acknowledged. My online number is in 03300 which is way less than that 06385. I believe this might be an influential guy who got his app acknowledged right away and getting his card. Anyone has seen antyhing like that.

Don't worry; SFO is processing apps approximately in two months; that means, your turn will be around apr 16th.. you only need to be worried if that date has passed withour your app being approved, given +/- one week.

mine was received 2nd jan; acked 5th march.

that online number might belong to citizen of different country, residing in USA.. (see a post by ENKALA)

Regards
Kn.

Don't worry; SFO is processing apps approximately in two months; that means, your turn will be around apr 16th.. you only need to be worried if that date has passed withour your app being approved, given +/- one week.

mine was received 2nd jan; acked 5th march.

that online number might belong to citizen of different country, residing in USA.. (see a post by ENKALA)

Regards
Kn.

That online number was issued by SF consulate. Can a citizen of different country get OCI?. I don't think so.

did you delay sending part A?

That online number was issued by SF consulate. Can a citizen of different country get OCI?. I don't think so.

After filling it online, did you delay sending it in? That could explain..
Anyhow, you need to wait at least 8 weeks before your app is acked.. until then, relax and enjoy!!!

Kn

We just completed our OCI registration process. Here is the timeline for our family of 4:

19-Dec-2007 - mailed applications
24-Dec-2007 - applications received at CGISF

21-Feb-2008 - acknowledged
21-Feb-2008 - photo/Signature scanned
22-Feb-2008 - registration status granted
22-Feb-2008 - documents printed
26-Feb-2008 - documents dispatched from Delhi
13-Mar-2008 - documents received at CGISF

12-Mar-2008 - email received from CGISF
12-Mar-2008 - mailed Passports to CGISF
13-Mar-2008 - passports received at CGISF
18-Mar-2008 - passports mailed from CGISF
19-Mar-2008 - passports received with U visa stickers and OCI cards

From URL http://www.cgisf.org/oc/OCI_FAQS.html
5. Where to submit the application?

To the Indian Mission/ Post of the country of citizenship of the applicant. If the applicant is not in the country of citizenship, to the Indian Mission/Post of the country where he is ordinarily residing. If the applicant is in India, to the FRRO Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkota or Amritsar or to CHIO, Chennai or to the Under Secretary, Citizenship section, Foreigners Division, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Jaisalmer House, 26, Mansingh Road, New Delhi-110011.

May be this user submitted his application(Part B) directly to above address although Part A was done online at CGISF. Not sure but may be this is the case. Anyways don't stress yourself on this. Let the process take its course.

OCI is not limited to US citizens. Citizens of other countries that allow dual citizenships too can apply and they can apply at SF if they are presently living here.

Hello Guys,

I am new to this section. I am planning to apply my OCI through CGISF as soon as I get my passport. What I see from the posts here that, SF is taking about 2 months to acknowledge OCI compared to, 2-3 weeks by other consulates.

Is it the volume of applications here in SF or any other reason?

I was curious about some statistics myself, so when I had some free time last week, I tried to find out how many OCI cases had been acknowledged for each consulate/embassy/high commission in North America. On March 24, these are the numbers acknowledged (for file numbers ending in 08) at respective locations:

New York City (USANxxxxxx08): 4,762
San Francisco (USASxxxxxx08): 3,076
Chicago (USACxxxxxx08): 2,258
Toronto (CANTxxxxxx08): 2,215
Houston (USAHxxxxxx08): 1,576
Washington, DC (USAWxxxxxx08): 1,438
Vancouver, BC (CANVxxxxxx08): 534
Ottawa (CANOxxxxxx08): 166

If anyone has information about how long it's taking at each location from receipt to acknowledgement (I know SFO took 59 days for us), then we can make some inference. Is NYC taking longer than SFO?