OCI - San Francisco Tracker

I recently applied for OCI for my entire family. I forgot to make a note of those
Registration numbers but mailed all in duplicates.
I am wondering if anyone got the number when they received the acknowledgment from SF consulate.
Thanks
- SF consulate doesn't send any mail(postal/email) acknowledging receipt of application.
- All these dates ppl are quoting(including me) are obtained from http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp by putting the number that you forgot to note.
- I assume you didn't keep photocopies of forms either(that u mailed), so you will have to wait for mail from SF consulate when they are ready to receive your passport for stamping or if there is any objection on your application and they need additional documents.
- You might want to write an email or make a phone call and explain. They might help you in tracking your application and may be tell you your number etc.

Here is my timeline. All of my family forms are acknowleged today, about 10 days earlier than I expected.

OCI
02/14/08 Applied to SFO
04/04/08 Acknowledged

No, delivered to SFO consulate on 02/14/08. I mailed the package a couple of days earlier through USPS priority mail.

Thanks.

No, delivered to SFO consulate on 02/14/08. I mailed the package a couple of days earlier through USPS priority mail.

Thanks.

Thanks for the prompt response. I sent mine on 16th FEb. So, I asssume they were delivered on 18th or 19th. Hoping to get acknowledged in a day or two.

What does the SF Consulate acknowledge with?

I had forgot to note down the Online Registration Number and copies of it
(what a bummer :D) and now I have no way of knowing what those numbers are.
Hence I sent an email to SF OCI requesting to provide those numbers.
But in return they mention that they do not save any information, instead
each application will be given a File Number. In order to get that file number
it normally takes 12 weeks from the receipt of the application.

I am guessing they will provide me the File Number and then I may be able to
get the Online Registration number. Is this correct?

So the question for people who received the acknowledgment, do they provide the File Number and Online Registration number or only the File
Number or none.

Any answers are appreciated.
Thanks

If your applications go thru routine process (i.e., no problems with photos, signatures, or any other info.), in approx. 10-11 weeks you should get an email from CGISF saying that GOI has approved your OCI apps. The email will contain your OCI file/acknowledgment numbers + instructions as to how to send your passports, etc. for U visa stickers and OCI cards. At that point, if you are curious, you can go to the following link and type your OCI file #s numbers in the top box and you'll be able to see your online registration #s (the ones that you didn't save... not that they are of any use at that point)

https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

Got the Acknowledgement finally for all 4 applicants for my family.
Here is the timeline for us.

Form A filled - Feb 7, 2008
Form A/B/Docs mailed to SF consulate - Feb 12, 2008
Delivered receipt (from USPS) @ SF Consulate - Feb 13, 2008

ACKNOWLEDGED - April 4, 2008
GRANTED - April 5, 2008
PHOTO/SIGNATURE SCANNED - April 5, 2008
DOCUMENTS PRINTED - April 7, 2008
DOCUMENTS NOT YET DISPATCHED

Finally, We got ours acknowldeged on 8th Apr. Mailed on Feb 16th 2008. Received around 18th or 19th.

Moving to the last leg of the Process ;-)
Here is the timeline for us.

Form A filled - Feb 7, 2008
Form A/B/Docs mailed to SF consulate - Feb 12, 2008
Delivered receipt (from USPS) @ SF Consulate - Feb 13, 2008

ACKNOWLEDGED - April 4, 2008
GRANTED - April 5, 2008
PHOTO/SIGNATURE SCANNED - April 5, 2008
DOCUMENTS PRINTED - April 7, 2008
DOCUMENTS DISPATHCED - April 8,2008

So bunch of us will be sending Passports and getting it in coming weeks. It is good few of us are in similar situation, so we can track each other.

Andromeda, did you send your passports or get it back. I think andromeda's will be first to get PP back.

So bunch of us will be sending Passports and getting it in coming weeks. It is good few of us are in similar situation, so we can track each other.

Andromeda, did you send your passports or get it back. I think andromeda's will be first to get PP back.

Yes I sent it on 03/31 and got it back 04/05.

Hi AndroMedia,

Did you dispatch your Passport even before the OCI reached SF? Cuz your emial mentions that it reached SF on 4/3/08 and you sent in your Passport on 3/31.

can you clarify?

Hi AndroMedia,

Did you dispatch your Passport even before the OCI reached SF? Cuz your emial mentions that it reached SF on 4/3/08 and you sent in your Passport on 3/31.

can you clarify?
Yes. "Enquiry website" & "List of OCI cards received" websites got updated on 4/3/08.

Hi AndroMedia,

can you clarify?

In our case, I got an email from CGISF late afternoon of 12-Mar that our OCI docs had been received by them. Later that night (or next day) I saw the Online status show a SFO receipt date of 13-Mar and another day or so later the CGISF's 'List of cards received' page showed our File #s.

Since we needed our passports back ASAP, I mailed the same to them in the evening of 12-Mar (from a post office that is open till 10 pm) to guarantee overnight delivery. CGISF mailed them back to me within 3 working days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today 4/17, the website is updated with the fact that OCI reached SFO on 4/18. How is that possible? I have not received any email. Should I wait for email before sending OCI, In anycase I am planning to send on saturday as it will reach on Monday only

Today 4/17, the website is updated with the fact that OCI reached SFO on 4/18. How is that possible? I have not received any email. Should I wait for email before sending OCI, In anycase I am planning to send on saturday as it will reach on Monday only

May be data entry is happening in India where it is 18th ... Just send your passport ... I never got any emails either.

Desi-hai,

Does your File# show-up on SF OCI Page?