OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Desi-hai,

Does your File# show-up on SF OCI Page?
Atually thinking about it - the Status page is in India - so possibly a server in India. If you update it here - it will update with a timestamp of a server which is based in India. Assumption is that thye are getting the system-date (from OS) while updating.

Just a thought from my software skills :)

Hom much time is a PIO taking now a days?

Can anyone with who recently applied and got a PIO share their timelines and experience? Is there any expedited processing available (not there in CGISF web site)? Btw i would be applying to CGI, SFO.

Desi-hai,

Does your File# show-up on SF OCI Page?

Yes, It does show up in the SF OCI page. There is a whole bunch updated yesterday. And yes, your theory seems right. I was thinking they manually enter the received date. But yes, they may just put a check mark received and system fills in the date automatically. BTW today 18 Apr SF CGI is closed due to Mahavif Jayanthi. I am sending passports tomorrow and it should reach SF office on Monday. Will keep you all updated.

Yes, It does show up in the SF OCI page. There is a whole bunch updated yesterday. And yes, your theory seems right. I was thinking they manually enter the received date. But yes, they may just put a check mark received and system fills in the date automatically. BTW today 18 Apr SF CGI is closed due to Mahavif Jayanthi. I am sending passports tomorrow and it should reach SF office on Monday. Will keep you all updated.

desihai: Did you send your US passport and also Indian passport (for cancellation)? Also, did you send all the passports for your family in one single packet?

Thanks.

RN

desihai: Did you send your US passport and also Indian passport (for cancellation)? Also, did you send all the passports for your family in one single packet?
RN

Yes, I sent both US and India Passports for cancellation in one single packet. I sent all passports for family as well. Different zipper bags for each member. Each zipper bag, labeled with names containing US passport and India passport.

My Passports reached SF on Apr 21, Monday morning and signed off by a consulate employee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Documents recieved but no email

My documents received on April 18th. But I didn't received any email. Does anybody received email? can we send passport without receiving the emal

Please reply,

thanks,

My documents received on April 18th. But I didn't received any email. Does anybody received email? can we send passport without receiving the emal

Please reply,

thanks,

From the URL http://www.cgisf.org/oc/Dispatch.html:
Important:

a) Since the number of applications is large, we are unable to send any letter regarding receipt of OCI card from India. Once your file number is displayed on our list, there is no need of confirming by phone or by e-mail.

Dont wait for email.

Ours were dispatched from Delhi on Apr 10th 2008. Still did not reach SFO. May be tomorrow, they will update the list. It is taking more than 2 weeks to reach SFO from Delhi.

Timeline update:

OCI
02/14/08 Forms delivered at SF
04/04/08 Acknowledged
04/08/08 Dispatched from Delhi
04/24/08 Received at SF

Theory

Correct me if I am wrong.

Looks like all applications are processed in a monthly batch.

For example all February applications acknowledged in 1st week of April.
Hence acknowledgement times can be 4 - 6 weeks depending on when filled Part - A online.

Any inputs?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Looks like all applications are processed in a monthly batch.

For example all February applications acknowledged in 1st week of April.
Hence acknowledgement times can be 4 - 6 weeks depending on when filled Part - A online.

Any inputs?

No Not all Feb applications. The applications are processed in a weekly batch more likely. the acknowledgement time is 6 - 8 weeks after they receive your app papers.

Folks,

I'll be applying for OCI @SFO shortly and would like to know if we need to send true copies of first and last 2 pages for my expired Indian passport as well? I currently have an expired Indian passport and a valid passport.

Also, can someone please confirm that we need to send a total of 3 photo's per person? Are photo's with white background (like those on nat. cert.) ok?

Finally, my wife had a name change done at NY consulate before applying for GC. The first 2 pages of her Indian PP reflect her maiden name; her married name is on an inner page in the PP. Now that she is US Citizen, do we need any additional documentation for her OCI?

Thanks.

Folks,

I'll be applying for OCI @SFO shortly and would like to know if we need to send true copies of first and last 2 pages for my expired Indian passport as well? I currently have an expired Indian passport and a valid passport.

Also, can someone please confirm that we need to send a total of 3 photo's per person? Are photo's with white background (like those on nat. cert.) ok?

Finally, my wife had a name change done at NY consulate before applying for GC. The first 2 pages of her Indian PP reflect her maiden name; her married name is on an inner page in the PP. Now that she is US Citizen, do we need any additional documentation for her OCI?

Thanks.

I Applied on March 31st.
Here is what I sent.

1. Copy of valid passport only (not the expired one)
2. Three Photos per person (Taken PP photos at COSTCO, White bkg is okay)

3. My wife's last name was changed during N400, so the US passport has new name but the INdian passport has the old name (Still I sent the docs do not know what is gonna happen)

I am still wondering if we need any extra documentation for OCI, because we did not get the expected name change decree during our oath. But went ahead and applied for OCI anyways. Let's hope we get acknowledged

I Applied on March 31st.
Here is what I sent.

1. Copy of valid passport only (not the expired one)
2. Three Photos per person (Taken PP photos at COSTCO, White bkg is okay)

3. My wife's last name was changed during N400, so the US passport has new name but the INdian passport has the old name (Still I sent the docs do not know what is gonna happen)

I am still wondering if we need any extra documentation for OCI, because we did not get the expected name change decree during our oath. But went ahead and applied for OCI anyways. Let's hope we get acknowledged

Thanks for your reply, punk.

There is a post on this SF OCI thread about a name change situation. CGISF asked him to fax some court document. However, it is not clear if the name change was done here in the US or India. In our case, we did the name change at CGI, NY.

Thanks for your reply, punk.

There is a post on this SF OCI thread about a name change situation. CGISF asked him to fax some court document. However, it is not clear if the name change was done here in the US or India. In our case, we did the name change at CGI, NY.

That looks scary. We do not have any court document. For all other name change process (DMV, SSA) marriage certificate was good enough. Let me do some research. Thanks for the update.

An update on this, my app status shows Granted, Scanned, Printed on July 3rd... not yet received back in San Francisco. But great news, regardless! :)

To summarize key things (that seem to have worked at SF-CGI):

NOTE: For whatever reason, each consulate seems to impose their own stipulations on what they will accept. So if you are *not* applying to SF one, read the instructions for the consulate of your jurisdiction carefully!

a) Standard Costco 2"x2" passport pictures with their default light background. (No fancy blue backdrops or 35mm reduction of pictures.)
b) Self-attested all photo-copies (Wrote "TRUE COPY of ORIGINAL" and signed next to it.) Did not have to notarize anything.
c) Used same information on the form for family members in India for both myself and my wife. Just put in name and address for my father and my brother.
d) Sent 3 pictures ... 2 were glued to the 2 copies of the form and 1 was paper-clipped to the package.
e) Sent a combined Cashiers Check for the whole package 275*2 and a 16.50 return envelope.

The only thing I forgot -- which I had to fax later -- was a copy of "Name Change Court Order" for my wife.

Cheers,
Manish

punk,

this is the post i was referring to. the post you mentioned does not seem to be from CGISF.

Thanks a lot.

I will see if I can arrange a name change order proactively. I was just planning to wait it out.

Final - Final Leg of the Process - Here are the timelines :

Form A filled - Feb 7, 2008
Form A/B/Docs mailed to SF consulate - Feb 12, 2008
Delivered receipt (from USPS) @ SF Consulate - Feb 13, 2008

ACKNOWLEDGED - April 4, 2008
GRANTED - April 5, 2008
PHOTO/SIGNATURE SCANNED - April 5, 2008
DOCUMENTS PRINTED - April 7, 2008
DOCUMENTS DISPATHCED - April 8,2008
OCI DOCS REACHED SF - April 24, 2008
PASSPORT SENT FOR STAMPING - April 28, 2008

My passport yet to be mailed from SF, (I am tracking through self addressed USPS Express mail) getting a little impatient though they say wait 7-8 days.