OCI - San Francisco Tracker

when did you file for your OCI? i think it's taking them around 6-7 weeks to acknowledge the application.

Exactly 1 month after you. I know I should get it this month. Just want to get over with all the processing and waiting game. :mad:

Joined the pack. Applied for OCI for self and family. Send all documents including self addressed envelope in USPS Express mail this afternoon.

Just wanted to update this thread with my time lines

I had sent my OCI app. on the 13th of Dec.
Looks like it got granted on the 7th of Feb.

Also, wanted to acknowledge the helpfulness of thread in keeping track of this whole thing.

question on when to mail the passport to CGI-SF

I just received an email from CGI -SF stating my OCI is approved and they provided detailed instructions on how to mail the passport to them etc.

BUT

the online status says documents not yet received by CGISF. They were dispatched from New Delhi on Feb 4.

Do I still need to wait to mail in my passport to the consulate or am I good to go?

edit: the oci website now says my documents are in san fran :) passport has been fedexed to cgisf

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received an email from CGI -SF stating my OCI is approved and they provided detailed instructions on how to mail the passport to them etc.

BUT

the online status says documents not yet received by CGISF. They were dispatched from New Delhi on Feb 4.

Do I still need to wait to mail in my passport to the consulate or am I good to go?

I think either CGI-SF has received docs but the online status is yet to be updated or CGI-SF has anticipated the arrival of docs. In either case, I think you should send your passport.
My 2 cents. Good Luck!

OCI Tracker for myself -

From A filled - Feb 7, 2008
Form A/B/Docs mailed to SF consulate - Feb 12, 2008

Let's see how much time it takes :)

Our OCI Status

Our Application was received by CGISF on 12/31/2007.
It is almost 8 weeks now. We are waiting for the acknowledgment. Don't know how many more days its going to take.:confused:

It is almost 8 weeks now. We are waiting for the acknowledgment. Don't know how many more days its going to take.:confused:

same here. our apps reached the consulate on jan 2nd. not acknowledged yet..

Kn.

CGISF received on 12/26/07. Acknowledged on 21-feb-08 scanned printed 22nd feb 08. Dispatched 26th.

Your application should be acknowledged anytime soon.

VivaLasVegas: Thanks for the updates

Thanks for your update loveduster. After reading your post
I checked my online status. Now my file got Acknowledged.
For us it took 59 days to get acknowledged.:)

Application Received - 31-DEC-2007
Date Of Acknowledgment 28-FEB-2008
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 29-FEB-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 29-FEB-2008
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET

Thanks for your update loveduster. After reading your post
I checked my online status. Now my file got Acknowledged.
For us it took 59 days to get acknowledged.:)

Date Of Acknowledgment 28-FEB-2008
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On 29-FEB-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 29-FEB-2008
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED
Congratulations!

Probably 10days for the documents to be received at SFO and then about a week to get Stamped PP.

Here is the recent progress of our OCI

Date Of Acknowledgment - 28-FEB-2008
Application Status
Registration Status Granted On - 29-FEB-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On - 29-FEB-2008
Documents Printing Status - PRINTED
Documents Despatched From
Delhi On - 03-MAR-2008

I think either CGI-SF has received docs but the online status is yet to be updated or CGI-SF has anticipated the arrival of docs. In either case, I think you should send your passport.
My 2 cents. Good Luck!
Andromeda2007,
I am in the same boat as you are.Mailed my OCI application on 01/16/2008.Confirmed from bank that money order was cashed in 02/08/2008.But have not yet recieved the acknowledgement number !Please let me know if you have any updates ....

Waiting patiently
~Lacitizen