OCI - San Francisco Tracker

I am still waiting for Acknowledgment for OCT-22 Application

Last ack we saw in this forum was for Oct 11 application on Nov 30. You should see an acknowledgment this week. Did you app reach CGISF on Oct 22 or did you post it that day?

CGISF received my OCI application on 12/6 --> I think I should see an acknowledgement on their website on or around 2/6/08.

I just saw the application is Acknowledged

Received at consulate on OCT-22
Date of Acknowledgment Dec-14

Waiting for acknowledgement for NOV-15

Hi all,

I posted my OCI form on NOV-15th and I haven't received an acknowledgement yet. I am kind of getting worried about it. Is it normal to take this long?

thanks,
Lavanya

Hi all,

I posted my OCI form on NOV-15th and I haven't received an acknowledgement yet. I am kind of getting worried about it. Is it normal to take this long?

thanks,
Lavanya

Its normal. My application reached SF on Nov 6 or 7th and still not acknowledged. I am hoping to hear something next week... Maybe a week or week and a half more for you.

I tried calling them but no answer and email triggers some auto reply :mad:

Hi all,

thanks,
Lavanya

Yes. In my parent's case, it took almost 2 months for them to ack. However, after it was acked, SFO office received it within 1 week. Overall, it took 8-9 weeks.

Yes. In my parent's case, it took almost 2 months for them to ack. However, after it was acked, SFO office received it within 1 week. Overall, it took 8-9 weeks.

Can you please post your parents timeline? How long does it take after SF receives it? I am flying to India in Jan end (which will complete my 12 weeks) from the time the application was received.

Can you please post your parents timeline? How long does it take after SF receives it? I am flying to India in Jan end (which will complete my 12 weeks) from the time the application was received.

SF contacted us pretty much next day, after we saw the note that it was received at SFO office. It take around 1 week to receive the stamps on US passport and OCI card.

Timeline - we mailed our apps in mid Oct '07. It was acked in 3rd week Dec. Within a day/two, it was dispatched to SFO. SFO office received it in 1/2 weeks. I hope this answers your question. (Sorry, I don't have the exact dates handy as I am travelling. However, I will post it in 3-4 days).

SF contacted us pretty much next day, after we saw the note that it was received at SFO office. It take around 1 week to receive the stamps on US passport and OCI card.

Timeline - we mailed our apps in mid Oct '07. It was acked in 3rd week Dec. Within a day/two, it was dispatched to SFO. SFO office received it in 1/2 weeks. I hope this answers your question. (Sorry, I don't have the exact dates handy as I am travelling. However, I will post it in 3-4 days).

Thanks desicowboy, this timeline serves the purpose. Now, I am just hoping that I get acknowledgment soon as its been 8 weeks now and those guys don't accept any phone calls or emails :(

Njoy your trip !!!

status updated online

meant to post earlier, but somehow my registration to this website would not go through.

Anyhoo, here are the details:
Mailed Applications (family of 4): 11/03/07
Application received (per USPS): 11/05/07
Application Acknowledged online: 01/01/08
Application number (for reference): USASI394xxxx

Application Acknowledged Finally :)

My application was acknowledged today. Here are the details:

App. Mailed -- Nov 6
App. received -- Nov 7 @ 9am (according to USPS)
App. Acknowledged -- Jan 3 :D

I little note on the application #s which I found after some researching:

App #s started with USASI are for SFO office and Acknowledgment # starts with USAS0 (its zero not "O").

Last two digits in the application # indicates year when the application was received or filed or acknowledged.

Hence app no. USASI39xxx07 was applied in 2007
USAS0xxxxx08 means the app was acknowledged in 2008.

All acknowledgment #s are in serial order depending on when completed application was received.

Its now taking 8 weeks for app to get acknowledged and 1-2 weeks for it to reach SFO.

Good luck everyone.

Looking at the NY thread they are definitely faster than SF. So looks like India Ministry is not the bottleneck, the people at SF consulate are the weakest in the link. Why does San Francisco suck in everything?

Got it

App send 10/31
Acknowledged/Granted: 12/21
Dispatched from Delhi: 12/24
Arrived in SF : 01/03
Passports sent: 01/03
Passports returned back: 01/08

App send 10/31
Acknowledged/Granted: 12/21
Dispatched from Delhi: 12/24
Arrived in SF : 01/03
Passports sent: 01/03
Passports returned back: 01/08

Congrats ptking. I have two questions:

1. Do you send a cover letter for each passport or only one?
2. Did you send your old Indian passports for cancellation also along with the same? Did you attach any cover letter for the same?

My Timeline:

App. received at CGISF -- Nov 7
App. Acknowledged -- Jan 3
Granted & Printed -- Jan 4
Dispatched to SFO -- Jan 7​

Only one cover letter for both. Did not send old Indian passport.

Congrats ptking. I have two questions:

1. Do you send a cover letter for each passport or only one?
2. Did you send your old Indian passports for cancellation also along with the same? Did you attach any cover letter for the same?

My Timeline:

App. received at CGISF -- Nov 7
App. Acknowledged -- Jan 3
Granted & Printed -- Jan 4
Dispatched to SFO -- Jan 7​

Only one cover letter for both. Did not send old Indian passport.

So are you planning to send Indian PAssports separately for cancellation. I read in different threads we should send indian passports for cancellation, either separately or with OCI. Did you not send to remove extra confusion that may arise?
I am applying for US passport tomorrow in expedited way and will apply to OCI once I receive it. Starting to go through application and prepare document collections. Hope we do not need too many documents. Is the Consulate website best to start researching on document collection? I read some notary is also required for some copies..
The trip to Kinkos continues forever :)

Thanks

OCI Gurus, Can you please confirm the documents needed to send with OCI to SF are like below, I am planning to apply myself, wife and a kid.
For myself
- Application form A and B (2 copies), 1 photo on each application form
- 1 passport photo using a gem clip to app form (TOTAL: 3 photos)
- US Passport 2 pages in front and back (4 sheets, 2 copies each), __self attested__
- Indian Passport 2 pages in front and back (4 sheets, 2 copies each), __self attested__

Bundle the whole set using a clip.

Wife : Same procedure above, clip as a separate bundle

Kid born in US:
- Application form A and B (2 copies), 1 photo on each application form
- 1 passport photo using a gem clip to app form (TOTAL: 3 photos)
- US Passport 2 pages in front and back (4 sheets, 2 copies each), __self attested__
- PIO Card Sheets : __NOTARIZED__
- Birth Certificate : __one parent Attested__
- Indian Passport of father 2 pages in front and back (4 sheets, 2 copies each), __self attested by father__
- Indian Passport of mother 2 pages in front and back (4 sheets, 2 copies each), __self attested by mother__

Common:
- Check $ 575 (275+275+25)
- Express mail self addressed $16.25

I am asking because the thread in the top of this forum seem outdated as it is mentioning notarized copy of all copies, whereas http://www.cgisf.org asks only for PIO. Anyway the list of documents and copies seem to easily touch 100 papers.

Confirming everyone did like this!

Thanks..

- Check $ 575 (275+275+25)
- Express mail self addressed $16.25

CGI SF accepts a postal money order or a cashiers check. No personal checks. You can also send it to them via Fedex or UPS with a return Fedex or UPS envelope if you don't want to send it by express mail.