OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Checked the online website today and mine was acknowledged.
Not bad July 10th sent docs.
USPS delivered July 13th
Acknowledged July 16th
Photo/signature scanned -July 17th (But today is the 16th-so is it Indian time/date??)

Part B copies?

Hi,

I am applying for OCI for 4 of us, myself, wife and 2 kids. Do i need to submit same Part B two forms for all 4 of us, or just myself and my wife? please clarify. Also should we specify parents in relatives question of Part B ?

I may have to travel to India in between so will not be sending original US and India passports and PIO card for a child, i hope that's ok.

please share your views on this.
Sun2009

Hi,

I am applying for OCI for 4 of us, myself, wife and 2 kids. Do i need to submit same Part B two forms for all 4 of us, or just myself and my wife? please clarify. Also should we specify parents in relatives question of Part B ?

I may have to travel to India in between so will not be sending original US and India passports and PIO card for a child, i hope that's ok.

please share your views on this.
Sun2009

Just two copies of Part-B for all 4 of your family. Parents should be sufficient in Part-B "family living in India" details. You will have to send the Indian Passport to cancel it, if you have not done it already. If you have already canceled your Indian Passport, then no need to send it.
You should not be sending your US Passport or your PIO card at this time and should only send it to the consulate, when the online status changes for your application to docs received from Delhi. The SF consulate has more detailed instructions. Please refer to it for more information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checked the online website today and mine was dispatched from Delhi.
Sent to cgi SF :July 10th evening
USPS delivered July 13th
Acknowledged July 16th
Photo/signature scanned -July 17th
Printed: July 17th
Docs dispatched from Delhi:July 22

I am sending my US passport and my Indian passport(for cancellation). It does give message contact the mission 10 days after date of dispatch or immediately after reciept, whichever is earlier. But I am just shipping it.

As of today:

Registered Online - July 4, 2009
Sent application to CGISF via USPS Express Mail- July 22, 2009
Application Acknowledged - July 23, 2009
Registration Status - Under Process

As of today:

Registered Online - July 4, 2009
Application Acknowledged - July 23, 2009
Registration Status - Under Process

Now it is showing the Photo/Signature has been scanned but my Registration Status is still showing Under Process. What does that mean?

Thanks!

Not sure-mine was under process for about a day before changing to granted. But they are doing it really fast!

Now it is showing the Photo/Signature has been scanned but my Registration Status is still showing Under Process. What does that mean?

Thanks!

If the scans are found satisfactory, your registration status should change to 'granted'. It should happen fairly soon.

aditi_s

I have exactly the same dates as you. Today morning it shows granted and printed.

I would like to note that
This the most efficient and transparent process from Indian consulate or any other consulate.

aditi_s

I have exactly the same dates as you. Today morning it shows granted and printed.

I would like to note that
This the most efficient and transparent process from Indian consulate or any other consulate.

Yeah, it's really fast! Granted, scanned and printed all on the same day (July 24th) :)

Same boat as aditi and asdasd, but nothing changed on the website so far

application delivered - July 23,2009

Message on website : "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged"

Checked the online website today and mine was received at S. F consulate on 29 July 2009 (It is 28th-so I am assuming they are going by Indian date.)

Sent to cgi SF :July 10th evening
USPS delivered July 13th
Acknowledged July 16th
Photo/signature scanned -July 17th
Printed: July 17th
Docs dispatched from Delhi:July 22
Received at San Francisco consulate : July 29th

I already sent them my passport as well as Indian passport for cancellation and it arrived at consulate last fri (July 24th.) I sent passports as soon as docs were dispatched from Delhi. i did enclose express mail witht he first documenatation package, so now I just need to get it back.

Sent my US Passports today

Sent our US Passports and my daughter's POI card for stamping after the status changed to "Docs received at SF from Delhi".

Not sure whats going on with my application.
it still says on website : "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged"

SF CGI website says not to contact before 21 business days.

i think i should probably give it till this weekend before i get concerned

Finally i tried once again after i posted my previous comment and its has me now on file
though it says date of acknowledgment July 30th and today it is still 29th

Sent application to CGISF via USPS - July 22, 2009
Date Of Acknowledgment 30-JUL-2009

Finally i tried once again after i posted my previous comment and its has me now on file
though it says date of acknowledgment July 30th and today it is still 29th

Sent application to CGISF via USPS - July 22, 2009
Date Of Acknowledgment 30-JUL-2009

It shows the time in India, and hence the July 30th appearing before July 29th

M online status now shows - mailed from Delhi on 28th.
I plan to send my passport and the kids PIOs

OCI from SFO to Mumbai?

Hi,
I have completed online OCI application for myself with family to apply in SFO, but due to urgent travel for medical reason, I have to travel to India next week so I got tourist visa.
Can I use same online application and submit in India FRRO office in Mumbai? please let me know if this is ok, or do i need to create another application and submit it there in Mumbai.
SunR2I.

Hi,
I have completed online OCI application for myself with family to apply in SFO, but due to urgent travel for medical reason, I have to travel to India next week so I got tourist visa.
Can I use same online application and submit in India FRRO office in Mumbai? please let me know if this is ok, or do i need to create another application and submit it there in Mumbai.
SunR2I.

If you are going for a short time, submit the application after coming back...

If you plan to be in mumbai for a long time, then ou will need to file a new application..