OCI - New York Tracker

thats right

supan: If you applied for renunciation along with OCI then the speed at which your case has progressed is amazing.

Yes, you will receive the 4 documents as per your list

Thanks. Yes the speed is amazing. Also I am using overnight priority everywhere, so that saves few days from my side too.

I received the email to send the original passport today, sent it with priority overnight. So will see some action tomorrow.

supan: Good luck. Please keep this forum updated with the progress.

Thanks. Yes the speed is amazing. Also I am using overnight priority everywhere, so that saves few days from my side too.

I received the email to send the original passport today, sent it with priority overnight. So will see some action tomorrow.

Hi
I and my wife are about to apply for (1) Indian Passport renunciation (2) OCI card. I have few questions - can someone please reply?
1) Fees - 275 (OCI Mine) + 275 (OCI Wife) + 175 (Renounce - mine) + 175 (Renounce - wife) - Total 900$ - is this correct? or any other additional fees needed?
2) Can I send everything as one cashier check or do they need multiple cashier checks (4 - one for each of the above amounts?) or (2 - one for each person?)
3) Where do we get the cashier checks? Banks? Is here any charge? How long does it take?
4) What is the best way to send the return shipping label? Fedex? Has anybody tried to open a FedEx account and given their credit card # there and included this Fedex account# later on the return shipping label?
5) Can the address on the return shipping label be different from the current address? Are there any issues if we use a different address?
6) Do we fill the permanent address anywhere on the application? If yes, can this be different from the present address?
7) How many return shipping labels are needed - just one or 2? Reason I ask this is we will send the stuff 2 times (first time Renounce app, Indian Passport, OCI App and then once they request we will send the US passport) - likewise do they ship us back twice (first the renounce certificate + Cancelled Indian passport and then second time - OCI card + US passport?) or will they send us back everything in one go in the end?
8) If they send us everything back in one go (2 Indian passports, 2 US passports + renounce certificate) – is one shipping label good enough or do they send 2?

Thanks

I will attempt to answer few of the questions

Hi
I and my wife are about to apply for (1) Indian Passport renunciation (2) OCI card. I have few questions - can someone please reply?
1) Fees - 275 (OCI Mine) + 275 (OCI Wife) + 175 (Renounce - mine) + 175 (Renounce - wife) - Total 900$ - is this correct? or any other additional fees needed?

Travisa will ask for $12. At the end of the application they will tell you the amount.

2) Can I send everything as one cashier check or do they need multiple cashier checks (4 - one for each of the above amounts?) or (2 - one for each person?)

I think so. At the end of the application they will tell you.

3) Where do we get the cashier checks? Banks? Is here any charge? How long does it take?

2 minutes at the bank where you have account. You can also get it in post office.

4) What is the best way to send the return shipping label? Fedex? Has anybody tried to open a FedEx account and given their credit card # there and included this Fedex account# later on the return shipping label?

I used fedex, seemed fairly simple. It takes a day for them to verify the credit card info, so open it now.

5) Can the address on the return shipping label be different from the current address? Are there any issues if we use a different address?
6) Do we fill the permanent address anywhere on the application? If yes, can this be different from the present address?

Yes, you need to give address on the application and also need proof. Can it be different from shipping address, I don't know.

7) How many return shipping labels are needed - just one or 2? Reason I ask this is we will send the stuff 2 times (first time Renounce app, Indian Passport, OCI App and then once they request we will send the US passport) - likewise do they ship us back twice (first the renounce certificate + Cancelled Indian passport and then second time - OCI card + US passport?) or will they send us back everything in one go in the end?

Yes, one is enough.

8) If they send us everything back in one go (2 Indian passports, 2 US passports + renounce certificate) – is one shipping label good enough or do they send 2?

I think everything is one go, I am waiting for mine, so will know. They never asked for 2 shipping labels.
Also you will get the fourth thing, the OCI card itself.

Thanks

Mine is in the same status as yours. The difference is that my mail package was acknowledged on Monday 15 August. There's no change in the status so far. But I see from other posts that there will be interim updates such as Passport sent to CGI, Passport received at CGI, Docs received back from CGI and finally Mailed out passport and other documents.
Is there any status update between package scanned (on receiving original passport) to the passport being sent?

Hi Guys, my wife and I got our OCI in Dec 2010. That time Travisa was not around. To get OCI for my daughter (3 week) I have to go thru Travisa. AM I CORRECT. And the money order for 290. Does that have to made out to Travisa too. Is it one money order for Consular and Travisa fees? Thanks for your help.

-Rajmandude

You can apply for your daughter's OCI through travisa. First you will need to apply and receive your daughter's US Passport before you can apply for OCI.

Hi, Just a quick question. I heard somewhere from someone that a child can only get OCI with parent and not alone. Is that true? Just wanted to update my knowledge since I'm not sure if that info is correct or not?

Not true. Minor's can apply on their own if they are eligible. Minors whose both parents are citizens of India are not eligible (At least one parent has to be non Indian passport holder)

Our passports sent to CGI this morning.
Mine is in the same status as yours. The difference is that my mail package was acknowledged on Monday 15 August. There's no change in the status so far. But I see from other posts that there will be interim updates such as Passport sent to CGI, Passport received at CGI, Docs received back from CGI and finally Mailed out passport and other documents.

Our passports sent to CGI this morning.

Hey stcroixman, this is very exciting that someone is almost with you. Keep your status posted. BTW when did you send your application? They updated bunch of statuses suddenly today. Nothing was there till y'day night. I saw your post today and so checked. Here is my complete status: (It will be useful for others too).

Applied for OCI + renunciation together at NY:
08/03/2011 8:33am EST Service order form completed online
08/04/2011 12:20pm EST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
08/04/2011 6:35pm EST Application assigned for processing
08/05/2011 10:21am EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
08/05/2011 11:54am EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
08/08/2011 8:33am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/08/2011 11:36am EST Documents received by Consulate
08/11/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India

From MHA:
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 09-AUG-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 10-AUG-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 10-AUG-2011
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 11-AUG-2011
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 16-AUG-2011

08/16/2011 1:40pm EST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
08/17/2011 10:36am EST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
08/18/2011 6:36pm EST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
08/18/2011 6:38pm EST Original US passport verified as received by Outsourcing Office for OCI match-up.
08/19/2011 8:41am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/19/2011 9:20am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/19/2011 11:17am EST Documents received by Consulate

This is really exiciting - Looks like in 2 weeks so much happened. Great progress. Did you send your original US pasport with the initial set or second time?
Also, how long does the US passport take? Its been 2 weeks since we have applied.

Supan: I had obtained SC separately earlier and therefore the present application is for OCI only. Even though I had applied about a week earlier our present timelines exactly match. CGI is closed on Monday, the 22 nd. Will keep the forum posted.

Hey stcroixman, this is very exciting that someone is almost with you. Keep your status posted. BTW when did you send your application? They updated bunch of statuses suddenly today. Nothing was there till y'day night. I saw your post today and so checked. Here is my complete status: (It will be useful for others too).

Applied for OCI + renunciation together at NY:
08/03/2011 8:33am EST Service order form completed online
08/04/2011 12:20pm EST OCI application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsourcing.
08/04/2011 6:35pm EST Application assigned for processing
08/05/2011 10:21am EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
08/05/2011 11:54am EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
08/08/2011 8:33am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/08/2011 11:36am EST Documents received by Consulate
08/11/2011 2:00pm EST Pending approval of the Government of India

From MHA:
Photo/Signature at Mission : Scanned On 09-AUG-2011
Registration Status at Mission : Granted On 10-AUG-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED On 10-AUG-2011
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ): NEW DELHI On 11-AUG-2011
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 16-AUG-2011

08/16/2011 1:40pm EST OCI Card received at the Consulate from Delhi, India. Waiting for original US passport to be sent to Travisa Outsourcing. If the US passport is already at Travisa Outsourcing, no action needs to be taken.
08/17/2011 10:36am EST Mail package acknowledged at Outsourcing Office.
08/18/2011 6:36pm EST Passport prepared to go to Consulate
08/18/2011 6:38pm EST Original US passport verified as received by Outsourcing Office for OCI match-up.
08/19/2011 8:41am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/19/2011 9:20am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
08/19/2011 11:17am EST Documents received by Consulate

This is really exiciting - Looks like in 2 weeks so much happened. Great progress. Did you send your original US pasport with the initial set or second time?
Also, how long does the US passport take? Its been 2 weeks since we have applied.

No originals with initial set except recent Indian passport.
Fr US passport, it depends upon where you applied. If you aplied where Oath took place, then approx 2 weeks or so.

Thanks Supan

We got our citizenship and Oath done on same day (8/4) in Atlanta. We applied for the US Passport in one of the post offices out here on 8/5.

No originals with initial set except recent Indian passport.
Fr US passport, it depends upon where you applied. If you aplied where Oath took place, then approx 2 weeks or so.

OCi website

Hi All, I have been trying to get to the OCI website. It says System under maintenence. Also before I go the website; it says not secure..Is this common???? Thanks in advance

Hi All, I have been trying to get to the OCI website. It says System under maintenence. Also before I go the website; it says not secure..Is this common???? Thanks in advance

I am also getting system under maintenance, which is not common. About not secure website, yes thats common and even Travisa website mentions that.