OCI - New York Tracker

I would say, talk to the consulate and send email to everyone.

I have not received any email response yet from Travisa or Consulate and the consulate pretty much ignored all my plea, even though they know they messed up.

Give a try, maybe you will get luck and hopefully they will be forced to change the rule for the 1000's of people who are in the same boat as us.

Someone is definitely making money (either consulate or Travisa) in between this mess.

i wouldn't keep my hopes up.

I sent them my 250 penalty along with the 2 renunciation forms and 20 dollar fee to travisa and still hasn't received an acknowledgement from them yet.

The lady at the Travisa pretty much yells at me when i call her. So im so out of luck now

I have left a message for CG and everyone else. Lets see if some one have the courtsey to call be back. One of the local channel news reporter is my neighbour. I am going to talk to him if I did not get any response.

Appreciate your response.

Applied for OCI for myself and 2 kids. My timelines are:

2/24/2011 4:55pm EST Service order form completed online
03/02/2011 11:08am EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
03/02/2011 11:11am EST Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold. (missing passport copy of wife)
03/07/2011 3:46pm EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
03/08/2011 8:26am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

I had an issue where I did not send my wifes passport copy as she is still an Indian citizen and is not included in the family applications. But looks like the rule is to submit passport copy AND visa status of both parents (if non US citizen) when applying for Kids OCI.

On a side note, my experience with Travisa has been quite acceptable so far. They have been updating me with email and phone and also replied to voice messages I sent.

Hi Vivek:
No I still have not! Wonder what is going on! It has been more than a month now. Unfortunately we are at their mercy. I tried calling and also sent an email, knowing that no one would answer. And of course that has been the case so far. So I guess hang in there!! Please post any updates. That will be the only way to tell that things are moving..

Smart_Alien. My wife's OCI has not been registered as yet. It has been over 5 weeks since the consulate has recieved her application. I am thinking of sending an email to the OCI section to see if they can tell me anything.

Vivek

here is mine,

Date/Time Action
02/18/2011 4:23pm EST Service order form completed online
02/23/2011 9:13am EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
02/23/2011 9:13am EST Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.

Penalty details
Acceptance, March 01, 2011, 12:29 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10022
Arrival at Unit, March 02, 2011, 8:14 am, NEW YORK, NY 10022
Delivered, March 02, 2011, 1:11 pm, NEW YORK, NY 10022

So its been 6 days since Travisa received my penalty and renunciation and still no update.

Been calling them since monday and no response.
Sent VM for status update, no response.

At this point, i am going to wait for them to send my document and money back, will apply for OCI sometimes later.

Lost hope in CG and Travisa.

Gurus,

I have just assembled the pakage that needs to go out- I just have one question about the photos - Do we need to send additional pictures other than what is on the forms? Please advise.

I sent 3 (original and 2 copies of all document, so i sent 3 photos)

OCI progress

So far looking good
travisa status
02/17/2011 8:42pm EST Service order form completed online
02/23/2011 4:08pm EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
02/23/2011 4:12pm EST Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold.
03/04/2011 3:24pm EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
03/07/2011 8:24am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
03/07/2011 9:48am EST Documents received by Consulate

OCI status at MEA website

03/05/11 OCI Ack
03/08/10 photo/signature scanned
03/08/10 Registration granted

Smart_Alien. My wife's OCI has not been registered as yet. It has been over 5 weeks since the consulate has recieved her application. I am thinking of sending an email to the OCI section to see if they can tell me anything.

Vivek

Vivek:
Nothing for our case either! I do see people going thru Travisa and getting "GRANTED". Has CGI kept the apps that were mailed just before the outsourcing happened to the side somewhere? I will send an email as well. I had done this before, but have not heard anything at all. I will do it again.

OCI progress further

My latest OCI Status via travisa.

Date Of Acknowledgment 05-MAR-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On 08-MAR-2011
Registration Status Granted On 08-MAR-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 09-MAR-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

OCI Process thru Travisa

Hi,
It looks like Travisa is doing good job interms of Processing the OCI applications,here is my timeline

02/18/2011 12:26pm EST India visa application completed online
02/25/2011 12:14pm EST India visa application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsoucing
02/25/2011 2:21pm EST Application assigned for processing
02/25/2011 5:39pm EST Passport and supporting documents received by Travisa Outsourcing, payment processed
02/28/2011 4:06pm EST Documents prepared to go to Consulate
03/01/2011 8:39am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing to Consulate
03/01/2011 9:51am EST Documents received by Consulate
03/02/2011 Photos scanned
03/03/2011 Registration granted
03/07/2011 Documents Printed

Thanks

Vivek:
Nothing for our case either! I do see people going thru Travisa and getting "GRANTED". Has CGI kept the apps that were mailed just before the outsourcing happened to the side somewhere? I will send an email as well. I had done this before, but have not heard anything at all. I will do it again.

I was able to speak with someone at the Consulate today and she mentioned that there is a huge backlog of OCI applications and probably in my wife's case there must be some deficiency and hence it has not been registered. When I told her that we have not recieved any email or phone call with the deficieny details, then her answer was that you just need to wait then. I asked her that we have crossed the stipulated 6 weeks period from the time the application was sent. She said that there is no way for her to see where the application is at this point and if there is an issue. I really have no idea on what to do except then wait and hope that something happens and the application moves forward.
Vivek

I was able to speak with someone at the Consulate today and she mentioned that there is a huge backlog of OCI applications and probably in my wife's case there must be some deficiency and hence it has not been registered. When I told her that we have not recieved any email or phone call with the deficieny details, then her answer was that you just need to wait then. I asked her that we have crossed the stipulated 6 weeks period from the time the application was sent. She said that there is no way for her to see where the application is at this point and if there is an issue. I really have no idea on what to do except then wait and hope that something happens and the application moves forward.
Vivek

Vivek:
Thanks for the update. I went to online status chk website and went to the forgot registration number link. I entered the passport number and dob and viola! This is what I see for both mine and my wife' case

Application Status
Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-MAR-2011 Registration Status UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED

Coincidentally just moved today!!! Try yours..see if you are in the same boat too for ur wifes app..

Vivek:
Thanks for the update. I went to online status chk website and went to the forgot registration number link. I entered the passport number and dob and viola! This is what I see for both mine and my wife' case

Application Status
Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-MAR-2011 Registration Status UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED

Coincidentally just moved today!!! Try yours..see if you are in the same boat too for ur wifes app..

Great. Thats good news. I checked my wife's status and it is still not acknowledged. What did your application reach the Consulate?
Vivek

smart_alien,
Thanks for the info.....I did exactly what you suggested and it gave me acknowledge # and I checked the status using it.....

Mailed: Jan 28th...
Acknowledged: Feb 24th...
Scanned : Feb 24th...
Granted: March 3rd...
Docs Status: Printed
Printed on: March 7th...
Docs Not yet dispatched....

Thanks again for smart_alien....and till now I never received any email from CGI or reply to any of my queries to them,......

Great. Thats good news. I checked my wife's status and it is still not acknowledged. What did your application reach the Consulate?
Vivek

Here are my dates - very close to aztecbs' dates. But his seems to be further along. So hoping things would move smoothly from this point..

Mailed 1/27/11
Delivered 1/28/11
Ack 3/9/11
Scanned 3/9/11

OCI Process thru Travisa

Hi,
It looks like Travisa is doing good job interms of Processing the OCI applications,here is my timeline

02/18/2011 12:26pm EST India visa application completed online
02/25/2011 12:14pm EST India visa application arrived in the mail at Travisa Outsoucing
02/25/2011 2:21pm EST Application assigned for processing
02/25/2011 5:39pm EST Passport and supporting documents received by Travisa Outsourcing, payment processed
02/28/2011 4:06pm EST Documents prepared to go to Consulate
03/01/2011 8:39am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing to Consulate
03/01/2011 9:51am EST Documents received by Consulate
03/02/2011 Photos scanned
03/03/2011 Registration granted
03/07/2011 Documents Printed

Thanks

DKACG,

Can you please let me know how long it takes for Travisa to acknowledge receipt of application - mine was delivered yesterday in the morning and I don't see any updates yet - just curious.

I'd just like a clarification: Has anybody applied through Travisa whose application the consulate is saying might take longer? Or, did those of you whose applications are stuck apply directly through the consulate?

Mine delivered to Travisa on 03/08 - it still shows service order form completed online (No change in status)

Mine delivered to Travisa on 03/08 - it still shows service order form completed online (No change in status)

Tracking shows documents were delivered to Travisa on 2/28. Online status was updated on 3/02 - so wait a couple of days for online acknowledgement from Travisa. Also received email from travisa acknowledging receipt on 03/02

See my details to get an idea of timelines:
2/24/2011 Service order form completed online
03/02/2011 Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
03/02/2011 Outsourcing office has received OCI application, but cannot process further. Application is on hold. (missing passport copy of wife)
03/07/2011 Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
03/08/2011 Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate

At MEA Site:
Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-MAR-2011
Registration Status Granted on 10-MAR-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 11-MAR-2011

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, the information on what to put in the package for getting the OCI sticker on your US passport is very contradictory. Apart from the return postage confusion (self-addressed stamped envelope vs $20 money order), there is ambiguity about the cancelled Indian passport / renunciation certificate business. The website doesn't say "send copy". But apparently you sent just copies, not originals. Despite that, there was no problem!

Anybody else who mailed in their US passports for stamping, did you send copies of expired Indian passport and/or renunciation certificates, or originals?

Thanks in advance,
Prasad

Last edited by a moderator: