OCI - New York Tracker

Thank you cpmumbai2002, for checking your status and posting the same here. :)

Our (myself and my wife's too) OCI documents received at CGI-NY on 27-MAY-2010, which were dispatched on 10-MAY-2010 from Delhi.

I applied for our SCs. (send by USPS mail on 18th May 2010 date received by CGI-NY 19-MAY-2010).
I have attached "THE FORM" original in triplicate - notarized, and other attachements (indian PP copies, natz cert copy) with fee. This is from my shipment tracking and did not receive any receipt notification or email from CGI-NY.

So, i will wait for one more week and see how it goes. Otherwise, i will personally go to CGI-NY to get the SC and apply for OCI.

By the way, meanwhile i scheduled an INFOPASS with philly USCIS office, for "Certified Copy of Natz Certificates" on 2-JUN-2010.

I will keep them with me, in case, i need them.

Let us hope for best to end this continuing frustration.... :confused: :confused::confused:.....:)

OCI DISPATCHED & received by NY

Our (myself and my wife's too) OCI documents received at CGI-NY on 27-MAY-2010, which were dispatched on 10-MAY-2010 from Delhi.

I applied for our SCs. (send by USPS mail on 18th May 2010 date received by CGI-NY 19-MAY-2010).
I have attached "THE FORM" original in triplicate - notarized, and other attachements (indian PP copies, natz cert copy) with fee. This is from my shipment tracking and did not receive any receipt notification or email from CGI-NY.

So, i will wait for one more week and see how it goes. Otherwise, i will personally go to CGI-NY to get the SC and apply for OCI.

By the way, meanwhile i scheduled an INFOPASS with philly USCIS office, for "Certified Copy of Natz Certificates" on 2-JUN-2010.

Let us hope for best to end this continuing frustration.... :confused: :confused::confused:.....:)

Mr. bajaj had emailed me on tuesday saying that the OCI status will be updated by Thursday. It finally is.

I will be out of town this weekend, otherwise it may be worth the pain to go down there and get the OCI and SC in person.

My SC was submitted at the counter on May 21 and I was asked to pick it up on June 1.

Arjun

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. bajaj had emailed me on tuesday saying that the OCI status will be updated by Thursday. It finally is.

I will be out of town this weekend, otherwise it may be worth the pain to go down there and get the OCI and SC in person.

My SC was received at the counter on May 21 and I was asked to pick it up on June 1.

Arjun

Thank you Arjun Ji.

On the second thought, i am preparing for that too..., to go to CGI-NY over the weekend. I am preparing the required documents and cover letter to show them when i am there.

Both of my SC mail package and OCI documents received from Delhi are wth CGI-NY now.

I hope they will give me SC and OCI on that same day.

Wish me good luck.. :)

It is good to hear that NY has finally started receiving OCIs.

It is good to hear that NY has finally started receiving OCIs.

Btw, you already sent natz cert with SC application. Why do you have InfoPass appt in June? Do we need it again to collect OCI? I didn't think so.

I am sorry pb74.

I do not mean to confuse anyone, if i am, i am really sorry.

No you do not need it. I am a bit paranoid about these immigration matters.

Anyhow, that copy is for my record and also we need a copy with us, just in case if we lost the original. That is the idea.

All the best rmiriyala...

Make sure you let the OCI folks know that your SC application is already with them. You may be able to pick both up then... The will probably ask you to make a copy of the SC once you get it.

Arjun

You sent email related to your OCI then Consulate got Mail from MC Sharma and your OCI was sent to you. Please check Sent folder of your email and let us know the emails ID you sent your Info to Delhi that Prompted MC Sharma to send email to NYC. Post the info and the "matter you wrote to emails so that others in your situation can send emails to Delhi.

Ginnu, In addition to your list here are most of them I emailed to
and
a) I also posted to incredibleindia India
b) http://passport.tn.nic.in/complaints_&_grievances.htm

1) Shri K.C. Jain
Joint Secretary (Coordination and Public Grievances)
Room No. 9, North Block
New Delhi-110001
Telefax No.23092392
E-Mail: jscpg-mha@nic.in
dirpg-mha@nic.in

For lodging Grievances centrally, Please click
http://www.pgportal.gov.in
2) mc.sharma@nic.in
3) ambassadoroffice@indiagov.org
4) dcmoff@indiagov.org
5) hm@nic.in ==> Home minister - Mr. Chidambaram
6) jscpg-mha@nic.in
7) dirpg-mha@nic.in

Sure Arjun Ji. Thank You.

So, you already sent your SC doc along with the passports right ? If you go there over the weekend, are you planning on asking them to retrieve the SC documents ? Reason I am asking is, I also sent the SC docs last week (before they announced the 29th camp) and haven't heard a beep.. I got to pick up the OCI card which was already received there.. Some brainless creature suddenly implemented this SC rule !!

So, you already sent your SC doc along with the passports right ? If you go there over the weekend, are you planning on asking them to retrieve the SC documents ? Reason I am asking is, I also sent the SC docs last week (before they announced the 29th camp) and haven't heard a beep.. I got to pick up the OCI card which was already received there.. Some brainless creature suddenly implemented this SC rule !!

Yes trombly. I am going to go there. I lost already two offers from INDIA, as i am not sure when this thing is going to finish. I want to finish it forever.
Let us see what they are going to do with my/our case? :)

7) NC- no need to go through USCIS unless you like CADVI want to literally follow the law, which is also suggested by ANJU KUMAR.
-----NC one can make black and white copy, send them Copy and they dont have problem as they just want to see the date when you got US Citizenship. They are not intrested in your US passport when you applied or got it.

Sorry, this is completely WRONG information!

We went to the USCIS Field Office today to get a "True Certified Copy" of our Naturalization Certificates per their prescribed procedure: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I am sorry pb74.

I do not mean to confuse anyone, if i am, i am really sorry.

No you do not need it. I am a bit paranoid about these immigration matters.

Anyhow, that copy is for my record and also we need a copy with us, just in case if we lost the original. That is the idea.

I realized later that you are obtaining a copy for your records. So I deleted part of my post. Although I wonder if the certified copy has a date when the copy is obtained. And if that matters if you need to submit the copy somewhere. Maybe people like cadavi can clarify since they have a copy.

Ginnu, In addition to your list here are most of them I emailed to
and
a) I also posted to incredibleindia India
b) http://passport.tn.nic.in/complaints_&_grievances.htm
--------The above b) is for Passports and I dont find any link or email ID
1) Shri K.C. Jain
Joint Secretary (Coordination and Public Grievances)
Room No. 9, North Block
New Delhi-110001
Telefax No.23092392
E-Mail: jscpg-mha@nic.in
dirpg-mha@nic.in

For lodging Grievances centrally, Please click
http://www.pgportal.gov.in
2) mc.sharma@nic.in
3) ambassadoroffice@indiagov.org
4) dcmoff@indiagov.org
5) hm@nic.in ==> Home minister - Mr. Chidambaram
6) jscpg-mha@nic.in
7) dirpg-mha@nic.in
*** do you mean you sent email to all the above only? I dont know if Mr Sharma(mc.sharma@nic.in) is in MHA and you got email from him to Consulate and to you.

My SC was submitted at the counter on May 21 and I was asked to pick it up on June 1.

Arjun
Dear Arjun it is clear from your post that Bajaj read your email and reply to you.

Please send him Email that many PIO card holder children who were born in US and never had Indian citizenship or Indian passport had applied for OCI and for many OCI has reached NYC in first week of May from Delhi and OCI online status is also updated by NYC but many who mailed Child US passport and PIO Card for collection of OCI have not got OCI with US passport with U visa and Cancelled PIO card and these kids don’t need to get any surrender certificate.(I got about 8-10 personal message in 15 days from Parents). They all are waiting for the documents. Please ask Mr Bajaj what is the delay in these cases. Parents sent emails to Pushpa Kumar and she never replied to any parent of PIO card holder who has OCI approved and have sent PIO Card, US passport to Consulate with $20 mailing fees. Please send the email to Bajaj, Mrs.Pushpa Kumar or Anju Kumar as they have replied to your Emails.

Many who applied for SC with ALL the required papers and sent Indian passports by mail around May 14 or 17 have not got SC through mail (Please send email to Anju Kumar)

Yes trombly. I am going to go there. I lost already two offers from INDIA, as i am not sure when this thing is going to finish. I want to finish it forever.
Let us see what they are going to do with my/our case? :)
One thing I remember that they kept asking for in cases like yours similar to yours last week was the date they received your application. So if possible, take all the printouts of the tracking of the document you have. I thought about it and I am guessing they have some internal system of filing based on receive date for each step of the way.

This is a terrible situation. I am trying to go to india for the first time in 22 years (age 23, born in the US) this summer. I applied originally on Apr 1. I had my application sent back to me a month later because i was missing a SECOND copy of ONE document. After that I resent it on May 1st, receieved email from Ms. Kumar on May3rd saying it was received. THEN a few days later the SC announcement came out.

I thought i was exempt from this since this the announcement specifically states: Kindly note that submission of Surrender Certificate is a mandatory requirement and neither the OCI/PIO applications can be processed nor OCI documents can be issued without the aforementioned certificate. This is not applicable to the foreign-born children who never held Indian passports. However, their parents held the Indian citizenship in the past and they are advised to obtain the Surrender Certificate for future reference.

Not the case. Just yesterday, I had my application mailed back to me a second time. That form said that that my parent renounced his citizenship (parents have been US citizens for 5 years), so i would have have to furnish their SC. This is the biggest joke. Especially since all my emails inquiring about a clarification of their original statement went ignored. I thought maybe i would be able to apply for a Visa, but it prevents me from asking for a tourist visa, since my parents are of indian origin. I have to submit an SC for my parents. I am not a dependent child or a minor, so i don't understand the necessity of this.

I am traveling on July 13th, but at this rate, I will probably have to cancel my plans. Does any one know what the time line is if you apply for a SC over the mail? It will probably be faster in person, but even then, it takes 2 weeks to process?!!? The Visa site says to expect a longer processing time for your visa if you are submitting an SC with your application (more than 7-9 days). I am regretting not applying a long time ago. However, it is ridiculous that applying 3mo early was still not enough. Also do I have to furnish the SC for both parents? My mother's canceled passport was taken away by Indian airport officials who said she could not have 2 passports in her possession, so only my father has his.

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI finally reached NY...

Mailed OCI app on 04/16/10
Got email from NY on 04/20/10
Acknowledged on 04/21/10
Scanned on 04/27/10
Granted on 05/05/10
Printed on 05/07/10 (for one week website showed 05/06/10 as print date)
Dispatched on 05/10/10
Received on 05/27/10

Mailed SC app on 05/24/10

Quick Question and sorry if this has been answered before. I did not download the certificates before filling the online registration form Part A.
I have saved and printed the filled copy. Would this create any confusion or problem for me ??